X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here’s where I disagree with your statements:

“Have ever faced a significantly better team”.....
    Better team, or better athletes? Huge difference.

“at least organized and fit”.....
    Fit? You must be kidding. Have you seen what some of these division I girls look like? Overweight and NOT fit! You can get away with this when you can sub so much!

“Because you can dominate”.....
    Rambling. The top under 18 club team in CT could likely beat and outplay any non Division I team in CT.
    I’d go one further. The top U18 girls club team in CT, depending on the year, would beat EVERY CT college, D1 included. A top 10 ECNL or GDA club team U17 or U18 would likely be a top 20 team in the country in college in spite of the physical differences.

Comment

I’d go one further. The top U18 girls club team in CT, depending on the year, would beat EVERY CT college, D1 included. A top 10 ECNL or GDA club team U17 or U18 would likely be a top 20 team in the country in college in spite of the physical differences.
      Interesting one. Suspect they would match up well against any CT college team, particularly with UCONN being down. Top 20? Seems a stretch. As good as some of the CT clubs are, only a few of those kids are going to Top 20 programs. Fun to speculate, though.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2351766]I’d go one further. The top U18 girls club team in CT, depending on the year, would beat EVERY CT college, D1 included. A top 10 ECNL or GDA club team U17 or U18 would likely be a top 20 team in the country in college in spite of the physical differences.[/QUOTE

Has every Dad in this state lost his mind?

Comment

My daughter plays at a top 10 New England D3 and I am sure that it is the worst team she has been on since she was about U13. If her U13 team would not beat them, it would be close and her U14 and up teams would all beat her current team pretty badly. She chose the school for academics, so it is what it is, but it would be nice if the coach had them complete a few passes every now and again rather than boot the ball forward every time. Perhaps the most disappointing and ugly part is that it is mostly successful on the scoreline of the box score even if time of possession heavily favors their opponents. It is often hard to watch and the coach purposely seems to favor speed over anything. His few technical players spend a lot of time on the bench in favor of running like headless chickens, as the OP referred to them. Their central players in the midfield are useless .... they do not play defense and they are bypassed with a strong boot by whomever retrieved the ball. Sound familiar?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2351783]
            I’d go one further. The top U18 girls club team in CT, depending on the year, would beat EVERY CT college, D1 included. A top 10 ECNL or GDA club team U17 or U18 would likely be a top 20 team in the country in college in spite of the physical differences.[/QUOTE

Has every Dad in this state lost his mind?
            Could be , along with a sizeable amount of cash.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2351788]

Could be , along with a sizeable amount of cash.
              unfortunately that sizable amount of cash isn't paying for proper mental health therapy.

Comment

Here’s where I disagree with your statements:

“Have ever faced a significantly better team”.....
                Better team, or better athletes? Huge difference.

“at least organized and fit”.....
                Fit? You must be kidding. Have you seen what some of these division I girls look like? Overweight and NOT fit! You can get away with this when you can sub so much!

“Because you can dominate”.....
                Rambling. The top under 18 club team in CT could likely beat and outplay any non Division I team in CT.
                you can define better however you want. I think its semantics.

yes fit. I am talking about College soccer, not limited to CT. If you think HS and Club teams are fitter and that College coaches are putting their livelihoods on the line with out of shape players, then you are being delusional.

See above. the OP said College soccer, not D2 and D3 soccer

Comment

A top 10 ECNL or GDA club team U17 or U18 would likely be a top 20 team in the country in college in spite of the physical differences.

could be the dumbest post ive seen in a while. Probably because the OP has no clue how hard College soccer is. If that was the case, why are the stars from these CT teams not going to top D1 schools and lighting it up ?

Comment

Interesting one. Suspect they would match up well against any CT college team, particularly with UCONN being down. Top 20? Seems a stretch. As good as some of the CT clubs are, only a few of those kids are going to Top 20 programs. Fun to speculate, though.
                    Idiotic speculation. You think they beat Duke? Or Tennessee? How about Rutgers or Butler ?
                    No chance. UNC would beat them 10-0. UNC are not beating any College team 10-0

Comment

My daughter plays at a top 10 New England D3 and I am sure that it is the worst team she has been on since she was about U13. If her U13 team would not beat them, it would be close and her U14 and up teams would all beat her current team pretty badly. She chose the school for academics, so it is what it is, but it would be nice if the coach had them complete a few passes every now and again rather than boot the ball forward every time. Perhaps the most disappointing and ugly part is that it is mostly successful on the scoreline of the box score even if time of possession heavily favors their opponents. It is often hard to watch and the coach purposely seems to favor speed over anything. His few technical players spend a lot of time on the bench in favor of running like headless chickens, as the OP referred to them. Their central players in the midfield are useless .... they do not play defense and they are bypassed with a strong boot by whomever retrieved the ball. Sound familiar?
                      lets be honest a top 10 NE D3 is not representative of College soccer as a whole is it? And choosing to go D3 as you did (for fine reasons im sure) kind of excludes you from complaining about the quality of soccer played. Bed made....Sleep well

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2351793]

unfortunately that sizable amount of cash isn't paying for proper mental health therapy.
                        ^^ Clearly. this thread is a candidate for thread of the year

Comment

My kid plays d3. Seems to me an extension of club.

They play a lot of possession through the midfield and to the forward(s). They play back to the keeper a fair bit, too, defensively. Keeper seldom rolls the ball out of the back, usually a punt.

Many other teams I've seen us play, and seen in general, just boot it over the midfield for their forward(s) to chase.

So, our team plays a mix, but I guess it depends on your college coach's system.

Comment

OMG I think your daughter might be on my daughters team. Do they often have 9 behind the ball as well? This is spot on, hard to watch. Her u15 team and up would beat her college team by at least 3 goals.

Comment

OMG I think your daughter might be on my daughters team. Do they often have 9 behind the ball as well? This is spot on, hard to watch. Her u15 team and up would beat her college team by at least 3 goals.
                              Could be.

Comment

lets be honest a top 10 NE D3 is not representative of College soccer as a whole is it? And choosing to go D3 as you did (for fine reasons im sure) kind of excludes you from complaining about the quality of soccer played. Bed made....Sleep well
                                No, it pretty much is. Seen CCSU, UCONN, and UHart play ..... bigger, faster kids that turnover the ball more impressively over and over again .... but the same premise. All varsity inferior academics to my daughter's school, so draw-win for her I think. Plus, she will study in Europe next year and may have a European fellowship this summer as well. I think she made a great choice. Is your daughter a sociology or psych major at Walmart U?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X