Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staples and Politics

My daughter just heard from her club teamates the hat Staples coach has put 30 girls on the varsity roster. He told my daughters friend "in this town parents can't really hear the truth about their kid". 30 kids really?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter just heard from her club teamates the hat Staples coach has put 30 girls on the varsity roster. He told my daughters friend "in this town parents can't really hear the truth about their kid". 30 kids really?
    Just checked their page and rosters are not up yet. If true, that is just crazy!

Comment

Just checked their page and rosters are not up yet. If true, that is just crazy!
      Ludlowe did the same thing last year. Huge bloated roster. I'm sure they'll do the same this year. Basically no one gets cut once you make the Freshman team through Varsity. Crazy.

Comment

Not crazy or unheard of. All the solid soccer programs carry large rosters. That is why they are good every season. Younger kids learn what it means to be a varsity player vs. playing on a terrible jv team.

Comment

Staples is pretty stacked with talent, as well as hyper involved parents. His options are put players on JV, only to have to pull them up to V once players get injured; or have them all practice together on V, maybe send some down to JV to help out for games. Some coaches also have a policy of not cutting seniors so there could be an overflow of seniors who won't play much. It's obviously too big but in HS there's much more involved (again, parents). Plenty of college rosters are that big too.

Comment

Not crazy or unheard of. All the solid soccer programs carry large rosters. That is why they are good every season. Younger kids learn what it means to be a varsity player vs. playing on a terrible jv team.
            Yeah, that's exactly what's driving this - letting JV players learn. LOL

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what's driving this - letting JV players learn. LOL
              Have to be staples parents posting support because 30 kids is ffffing nuts.

Comment

Have to be staples parents posting support because 30 kids is ffffing nuts.
                Barry also has to keep the cfc parents happy

Comment

Barry also has to keep the cfc parents happy
                  Was all the grumbling about captains legit or just TS BS?

Comment

30??? That's insane. How many actually play. Nothing worse than having your kid make V then ride the bench all season. I've been there and it's no fun. Better to just cut the weaker players---like pulling off a band aid.

Comment

What's the difference between 24,25,26,...30? Those numbers are all ridiculously high.

Gotta love HS "soccer"!!!

Comment

who cares and go away, focus on your own kids team.

Comment

A certain senior wasn't voted captain. Her parents are funding a documentary about this tragedy.

Comment

When you see roster one UPENN commit will not be there so you tell me?

Comment

What's the difference between 24,25,26,...30? Those numbers are all ridiculously high.

Gotta love HS "soccer"!!!
                              Most HS Teams are suing a 4-3-3 so for players you typically Cary 2 at each position. With a "couple of political choices to boot". 26 maybe, 30 is crazy BS. If I am a parent I am pissed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X