Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaching assignments

Looks like FSA are starting to leak out coaching assignments to parents but nothing yet on the website. Anyone want to post who they have for the 2018-2019 season let’s see them.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like FSA are starting to leak out coaching assignments to parents but nothing yet on the website. Anyone want to post who they have for the 2018-2019 season let’s see them.
    Whip it in girls 07
    Crappy joysticker girls 06
    Over the top girls 05
    Indifferent Irish girls 04
    Prep school kick baller girls 03

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2263683]Whip it in girls 07
      Over the top girls 05
      Prep school kick baller girls 03[/QUOTE

Wish my kid would get another year with AD

Team has improved ten fold over last year. Best coach by far at FSA

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2263704]
        Whip it in girls 07
        Over the top girls 05

I guess that team has improved. AD taught them something. Standings clearly better now than last year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2263704]
          Whip it in girls 07
          Over the top girls 05

AD is terrible. Runs an OK practice but does not make kids apply lessons in games. Awful game manager. Everything roses in AD's world. Yell at the kids when they need it ... just once ... please! They play terrible in games but never get corrected and the bad behavior is actually reinforced.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2263717]

I guess that team has improved. AD taught them something. Standings clearly better now than last year.
            Yah, sure, AD is way better than CC or MD.

That's not a very high bar, is it?

Comment

Whip it in girls 07
              Over the top girls 05
              Prep school kick baller girls 03

Bet you thought this was funny when you typed it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2263928]

AD is terrible. Runs an OK practice but does not make kids apply lessons in games. Awful game manager. Everything roses in AD's world. Yell at the kids when they need it ... just once ... please! They play terrible in games but never get corrected and the bad behavior is actually reinforced.
                Clearly a parent talking here.

You learn the technique in training. You demonstrate it as a skill in games.

The decision to use the technique or not lies with the player in the moment.

How exactly is the coach supposed to "make" the player do anything on the field? These decisions belong to the player. Outside subbing the player and admonishing him or her, there's little the coach can do.

That's the beauty of this game. It belongs to the players. Football, basketball, baseball....they all belong to the coaches.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2263971]

Clearly a parent talking here.

You learn the technique in training. You demonstrate it as a skill in games.

The decision to use the technique or not lies with the player in the moment.

How exactly is the coach supposed to "make" the player do anything on the field? These decisions belong to the player. Outside subbing the player and admonishing him or her, there's little the coach can do.

That's the beauty of this game. It belongs to the players. Football, basketball, baseball....they all belong to the coaches.
                  I don't know, you tell them once or twice, and then you pull them for the balance of their shift? After repeatedly being pulled or losing a starting spot, you don't think they will try to re-learn what they think they know vs what the coach wants? I am no englishman, but that would be my guess. You should try coaching the kids rather than being their friends .... would serve the team much better.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2264062]

I don't know, you tell them once or twice, and then you pull them for the balance of their shift? After repeatedly being pulled or losing a starting spot, you don't think they will try to re-learn what they think they know vs what the coach wants? I am no englishman, but that would be my guess. You should try coaching the kids rather than being their friends .... would serve the team much better.
                    So your daughter currently plays for AD?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2264062]

I do coach the kids and believe me, I know the difference between being "friendly" and being a "friend". I don't seek friendship from my players or my parents. Not at club and even less at high school I'm there to do the work necessary to get the best out of them and create the best outcome from the team by getting the best from the individuals.

You clearly are not even a player, as you still don't grasp that it's the decisions made in the moment that drive everything on the pitch. You don't play the game with your feet. You play the game in your mind and your feet, lungs and even heart are the tools that allow this to be done. All controlled and managed by the mind.

And I don't have an English accent either. I guess that's a snide remark on your part?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2264078]

I do coach the kids and believe me, I know the difference between being "friendly" and being a "friend". I don't seek friendship from my players or my parents. Not at club and even less at high school I'm there to do the work necessary to get the best out of them and create the best outcome from the team by getting the best from the individuals.

You clearly are not even a player, as you still don't grasp that it's the decisions made in the moment that drive everything on the pitch. You don't play the game with your feet. You play the game in your mind and your feet, lungs and even heart are the tools that allow this to be done. All controlled and managed by the mind.

And I don't have an English accent either. I guess that's a snide remark on your part?
                        You actually do play the game with your feet, but the decisions on how to use your feet are critical. FSA players make poor decisions a lot. I don't grasp the decisions made in the moment that drive everything on the pitch? Yikes! Spare me. If you will not play the way I coach you in practice, then you will sit your butt on the bench. Buy in to my system, or I will pull you and replace you with someone that will. You coddle entitled kids that do not get the game. Apparently you either do not get the game or you are incapable of teaching them the right way to play it. Do you not have faith that they can do better? If not, you should train differently or replace your crop of inept players. Sorry, I know these kids can do better (no doubt in my mind that every team at FSA could do better), if they knew the game better and played smarter; if they played more as they practice. Stop trying to go to goal from 80 yards out!!! Every single play! It's ok to pass the ball sideways or backwards to get out of a jam and keep the ball (ask Oakwood). Is there a keeper at FSA that ever throws the ball???? PUNT, PUNT, PUNT!!!!! Stupid players allowed to do stupid things created by lazy, stupid coaches on their phones. Learn to play out of the back and then learn to keep the ball and patiently get through the midfield and learn to take an occasional shot over the top but also learn to play competently in the attacking third. Come on, if you think this is the best that FSA can do (after merging or ever), then take their badge now and ban their coaches and kids from every participating on an ECNL roster ever again. So many of the coaches have conflicts of interest with players on prep school (or HS) teams it is disgusting.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2264139]

You actually do play the game with your feet, but the decisions on how to use your feet are critical. FSA players make poor decisions a lot. I don't grasp the decisions made in the moment that drive everything on the pitch? Yikes! Spare me. If you will not play the way I coach you in practice, then you will sit your butt on the bench. Buy in to my system, or I will pull you and replace you with someone that will. You coddle entitled kids that do not get the game. Apparently you either do not get the game or you are incapable of teaching them the right way to play it. Do you not have faith that they can do better? If not, you should train differently or replace your crop of inept players. Sorry, I know these kids can do better (no doubt in my mind that every team at FSA could do better), if they knew the game better and played smarter; if they played more as they practice. Stop trying to go to goal from 80 yards out!!! Every single play! It's ok to pass the ball sideways or backwards to get out of a jam and keep the ball (ask Oakwood). Is there a keeper at FSA that ever throws the ball???? PUNT, PUNT, PUNT!!!!! Stupid players allowed to do stupid things created by lazy, stupid coaches on their phones. Learn to play out of the back and then learn to keep the ball and patiently get through the midfield and learn to take an occasional shot over the top but also learn to play competently in the attacking third. Come on, if you think this is the best that FSA can do (after merging or ever), then take their badge now and ban their coaches and kids from every participating on an ECNL roster ever again. So many of the coaches have conflicts of interest with players on prep school (or HS) teams it is disgusting.
                          Which ECNL/NPL team does your daughter play on, I presume you are not at the club if this is your opinion.

Comment

Sounds like your way of thinking has no use for individual player creativity. Your way or the highway with them, right?

And you'll have to look hard to find any comments from me that directly criticize the style of play used in any other club. That seems to be your "jones" you carry on your back here.

Comment

FSA does have the best U17, U15, U13 ECNL teams in the state so not sure that they're system isn't working.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X