Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relatively inexperienced soccer dad

Hello, my daughter (11) has been playing soccer since she was 5. She got in to it because her oldest brother (now 17) played. She played county rec-league to start. While playing indoor one year (she was 7), we (her mother and i) were approached about having her try out for a new U8 local club team. This past year, her coach encouraged us to have her tryout for the WV-ODP program. Well, she was one of 17 girls to make the team and their first team practice was this past weekend (in miserable conditions - soaking wet field, mid 20* weather, moderate winds), and a "technical skills" training the following day. She came through those two days exhausted, a little down on herself, but wanting to continue. I have told her, that as long as she wants to play and do things like this, and effort was paying off, we would continue long term. In the short term my wife and i are going to give it through the summer.

I am a little concerned... i do not have infinite resources, and i am anything but a political animal. I am honest when i say that i am a political 'blank'... i just don't "get it".

How can i be the best advocate for my daughter, and give her all of the best opportunities... without becoming a doormat, or one who others think they can bilk money from - all without burning out my daughter's enjoyment of the game?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X