Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    # 6 was the best player on the field in yesterday's game.
    And I am a St. Joes Dad
    I thought #21 was the best on the team?

Comment

Well they both play CFC ECNL, so they both must be fantastic...

Comment

One plays, the other watches.

Comment

The best player for Staples is injured and didn’t play yesterday.

Comment

That is the biggest joke. She will be lucking to start on her club team.

Comment

What? I guess with all the home run pass to the St. Joe's keeper. Nice touch on those passes. True quality!

Comment

Agreed. Most naturally talented player there.

Comment

What? I guess with all the home run pass to the St. Joe's keeper. Nice touch on those passes. True quality!
                  Most expensive player on team

Comment

You StJ's parents are priceless. All over this board with excuses, tearing kids down (even your own) and boasting. Staples kids played more as team yesterday and we love #6, #21 and the girl that sat out. Will need them all on Thursday! Trying to start issues isn't going to work with these girls. They are having fun and are a true team. See you in the FCIACS/States.

Comment

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but please tell me that you know that the “grass” played on by professional and international teams is vastly different than grass fields in HS and youth sports.
                      The quality of play is slightly better by professional teams and international teams. Those teams aren't playing kickball like st Joes either.

Sorry, but St Joes midfield was horrible as was their defense when judged by ability to possess and connect passes. They could have played on a sheet of glass and it wouldn't have mattered.

PS...Staples field is not the pasture that Trinity used to play on before they got turf last year. I would eat off that field. I saw some st joes moms that were salivating at the thought of grazing out there.

Comment

The quality of play is slightly better by professional teams and international teams. Those teams aren't playing kickball like st Joes either.

Sorry, but St Joes midfield was horrible as was their defense when judged by ability to possess and connect passes. They could have played on a sheet of glass and it wouldn't have mattered.

PS...Staples field is not the pasture that Trinity used to play on before they got turf last year. I would eat off that field. I saw some st joes moms that were salivating at the thought of grazing out there.
                        The field conditions should not be used as an excuse for St Joe's. St Joe's has beaten Staples on that field in the past. I am surprised that JN even mentioned that. Staples had the home field advantage and used it. Staples was the better team yesterday. Now the pressure is on Staples to win it all. I do agree that St Joe'a was kicked too much over the top, which played into Staples game plan.

St Joe's Parent

Comment

Ciac doesn’t like 3 games a week but with rain outs it happens at the end
                          Find me another team who played that many games in that short a time- just the way it played out for them- what club coaches don’t do better than the gym teacher coach?

Shelton played 5 games in 7 days....Went 4-1-0......it's a tough challenge for any program. I'm sure there are other programs out there that played as many games at these schools in about the same period of time.

Comment

Shelton played 5 games in 7 days....Went 4-1-0......it's a tough challenge for any program. I'm sure there are other programs out there that played as many games at these schools in about the same period of time.
                            Many have had the same time pressures to get games in that were cancelled by all those storms.

Comment

#6 dad hasn't yet learned you don't put a target on your kids' back on TS.
                              No target....and not my kid. #6 had a terrific match. She showed great composure and played smart out of the back. She did a solid job defending against a very active STJ center forward. Great battle between two high quality players....and it was fun to watch.

Comment

And they lost

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X