X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Conversation next year between a college scout and a sunrise player:

Player : hi coach, i live in south Florida and would you to review videos I sent you and come out to the Weston cup showcase to scout me

Coach , thanks for your interest, where are you playing? Sunrise? Don’t you have ecnl and GDA in your area?

Player : yes but sunrise gets all the commitments year in and year out , according to TS, so my parents paid for me to play there.

Coach : yes that was 10 years ago now you have these leagues where you can prove yourself against the best, making my job easier.

Player: ok but can you at least try to go over videos and attend weston cup?

Coach : ok well thanks for the videos , it’s going to be tough to travel to see you , especially since I have the GDA and ecnl games and showcases, but best of luck.

then what happens???

Comment

Player : hi coach, i live in south Florida and would you to review videos I sent you and come out to the Weston cup showcase to scout me

Coach , thanks for your interest, where are you playing? Sunrise? Don’t you have ecnl and GDA in your area?

Player : yes but sunrise gets all the commitments year in and year out , according to TS, so my parents paid for me to play there.

Coach : yes that was 10 years ago now you have these leagues where you can prove yourself against the best, making my job easier.

Coach : ok well thanks for the videos , it’s going to be tough to travel to see you , especially since I have the GDA and ecnl games and showcases, but best of luck.

Signed,

Delusional GDA Parent

Comment

Dear Sunrise Parents,

You are welcome at West Pines.

Comment

Dear Sunrise Parents,

HAHAHA where will they go, where will they go?!

Comment

do it

HAHAHA where will they go, where will they go?!
            its an easy transition...same colors yellow and black...do it sunrise! then you can start a new rumor with a merger called sun pines!

Comment

its an easy transition...same colors yellow and black...do it sunrise! then you can start a new rumor with a merger called sun pines!
              That merger makes more sense than the Suncrest BS.

Comment

Sunrise commitments are super inflated with non soccer scholarships. stop believing the hype. they are a rec program ran by daddy coaches. f u c k s u n r i s e

Comment

Dear Sunrise Parents,

Sunrise kids, dont go back to West Pines. Most of you already came from there anyway. Come to Davie, you all always wanted to play for us anyway. Come out of the closet and make a public apology and we will welcome you back with open arms to our yellow team!

Comment

Sad but true

Comment

Bwwwaaaahhhhahahahah! Well done!

Comment

Bwwwaaaahhhhahahahah! Well done!
                        Exactly

Comment

I feel sorry for you

Your comment basically exposes you as a clueless individual.
                          Do you have any idea how to value a soccer scholarship/commitment?

Do you actually think that Sunrise or any club would hoodwink a kid into taking a so-called "non soccer" scholarship just so their club looks good???

The truth is that most kids play at clubs that have no clue about the process so the end result for these players is usually a "nothing" scholarship. Just look at the websites of every non-Sunrise club in South Florida and you will clearly see the truth.

Sunrise on the girls side in the LAST 4 YEARS ALONE has committed over 100 players to every sort of college/University from A-Z. If you took EVERY club in South Florida over the same period I doubt that there is even 50 commitments total.

Soccer players at Sunrise all have different needs and desires as it relates to playing at the next level.

Some play at Ivy League schools which offer no athletic money.

Others play at top Florida Universities that offer small scholarships to Florida kids because of Bright Futures/Prepay etc. Many of these players turned down huge "athletic scholarships" from other schools because they wanted to play for a prestigious Florida University.

Many are playing at top division 1 schools with scholarships ranging from full down to very small athletic deals.

There are many girls that turn down large athletic deals in order to attend a D-3 school that has their particular major. Academics is a very large attraction for players. And many high academic schools, especially D-3 programs, offer no athletic money.

But the absolute BEST scholarship that any kid can get is one comprised of mostly financial aid. There is goverment aid, local city aid, State funding, corporate aid, as well as grants coming directly from the schools. This is the best scholarship because if your kid walks away from the sport she will still be in the school with her "scholarship".

In conclusion Sunrise is the club in South Florida that has proven to help the most kids realize their dream of studying and playing at the next level.

EVERY type of scholarship is a good one!

Sunrise commitments are super inflated with non soccer scholarships. stop believing the hype. they are a rec program ran by daddy coaches. f u c k s u n r i s e

Comment

Do you actually think that Sunrise or any club would hoodwink a kid into taking a so-called "non soccer" scholarship just so their club looks good???

The truth is that most kids play at clubs that have no clue about the process so the end result for these players is usually a "nothing" scholarship. Just look at the websites of every non-Sunrise club in South Florida and you will clearly see the truth.

Sunrise on the girls side in the LAST 4 YEARS ALONE has committed over 100 players to every sort of college/University from A-Z. If you took EVERY club in South Florida over the same period I doubt that there is even 50 commitments total.

Soccer players at Sunrise all have different needs and desires as it relates to playing at the next level.

Others play at top Florida Universities that offer small scholarships to Florida kids because of Bright Futures/Prepay etc. Many of these players turned down huge "athletic scholarships" from other schools because they wanted to play for a prestigious Florida University.

Many are playing at top division 1 schools with scholarships ranging from full down to very small athletic deals.

There are many girls that turn down large athletic deals in order to attend a D-3 school that has their particular major. Academics is a very large attraction for players. And many high academic schools, especially D-3 programs, offer no athletic money.

But the absolute BEST scholarship that any kid can get is one comprised of mostly financial aid. There is goverment aid, local city aid, State funding, corporate aid, as well as grants coming directly from the schools. This is the best scholarship because if your kid walks away from the sport she will still be in the school with her "scholarship".

In conclusion Sunrise is the club in South Florida that has proven to help the most kids realize their dream of studying and playing at the next level.

“Prestigious Florida university” lmao. Come on? Florida state? Lololol

Comment

Yep Financial Aid! Which after 3-4 years of sunrise , you will need !

Comment

My kid's college tuition plan is to continue getting straight A's and perfect scores on the FSA's. 'Cause a college is actually a school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X