Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Rhode Island

Notices

Rhode Island Discussions about Rhode Island soccer.

Old 02-16-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most RI parents have little or no clue about top level youth development and their inputs is based solely on their own experience. I been involved with ODP and have kid playing in DA up north. The players development is a product of their environment. Competing with top athletes vs players from RI clubs and town programs are like comparing apples and oranges. I can tell you my experience with ODP competitions have not been positive to say the least. RI has never done well at Region 1 that is all I have to say and it is a reflection of the quality of our program.
Not entirely true. Though drawing from a small pool of players in RI, there have been RI ODP teams that have done well in the Region 1 tournament over the years. Both boys and girls.
Old 03-05-2018
Unregistered

Which coaches are working the program nowadays?
Old 03-08-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Which coaches are working the program nowadays?
Some club coaches, some college coaches.
Old 03-09-2018
Unregistered

RI ODP is a farce people!!! If you aren't involved, count yourself as a smart one. If you are involved, keep telling yourself this is something "special". Save your money! lol
Old 03-09-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
RI ODP is a farce people!!! If you aren't involved, count yourself as a smart one. If you are involved, keep telling yourself this is something "special". Save your money! lol
Y soo negative. For players playing in town competitive programs and lower division premier programs, ODP provides great additional training for them to develop their technical skills. There are some some very good technical coaches such as JC and MY still there.
Old 03-09-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Wrong. ODP is what you put into it. Extra training and touches with different coaches is never a bad thing especially at a fairly reasonable price. The College and R1 clinics can be beneficial to get on some early radar, and of course gaining access to the R1 Camp is really the main benefit above U13, especially for those who choose not to go the DA route, which forbids it. It also helps even more if your child’s particular age group is a strong one (03 boys & 04 girls for example)
Old 03-09-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Ask the 2 kids who made the Region 1 travel teams if ODP is a farce. Once in a lifetime experience for those kids.
Old 03-14-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Y soo negative. For players playing in town competitive programs and lower division premier programs, ODP provides great additional training for them to develop their technical skills. There are some some very good technical coaches such as JC and MY still there.
Does MY still have his big creepy sidekick with him everywhere he goes? One strange couple if you ask me.
Old 03-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Does MY still have his big creepy sidekick with him everywhere he goes? One strange couple if you ask me.
Yeah they recruit together from this program
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Default Odp ri

Anyone know about the summer Region 1 camp? How intense is it?