Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool FC -West Florida

Your thoughts? Seems to have some great leadership and develops players per their website.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your thoughts? Seems to have some great leadership and develops players per their website.
    I don't know much about the club... but doesn't every club's website claim to develop players?

Comment

Ask them how many players they've developed and sent over to play in the Premier League or even the reserve team.

Comment

Ask them how many players they've developed and sent over to play in the Premier League or even the reserve team.
        Just a little perspective Chelsea FC have not had a single player from their youth academy play for the first team in 10 years .

Comment

Just a little perspective Chelsea FC have not had a single player from their youth academy play for the first team in 10 years .
          John Terry...

Comment

That's as a disingenuous post as I've ever seen. Chelsea loans their academy players to Premier League teams and Champions League Teams all over Europe then sells them for staggering amounts. You can see their loaned out players on first teams all over Europe first division teams. Ake for example joined Chelsea Youth Academy at like 15 or 16 and was sold at 22 years of age for 20 Million - this year. He was loaned out before that to Bournemouth, Watford, and Reading to play first team minutes. Christensen is another one who joined Chelsea around age 14 or 15 and debuted for the Chelsea first team in 2014 at age of 18/19 - he is now on loan to the Bundesliga. So yeah, your are fully wrong.

How many players graduated from Liverpool FC - West Florida Academy are currently playing anywhere besides the local pickup games in whatever town/city they live in.

Comment

John Terry...
              In the last 10 years .
              JT is just a little older than that .

Comment

This is small club with no FYSA Affiliation. It's pointless to play for Liverpool FC you pay club fees for Rec level soccer and coaching.

Comment

This is small club with no FYSA Affiliation. It's pointless to play for Liverpool FC you pay club fees for Rec level soccer and coaching.
                  The new DOC is a joke.

Comment

The new DOC is a joke.
                    Is this Liverpool-WFF affiliation still alive?

Comment

Do your research on your new DOC.

Comment

I think they have FYSA affiliation through FC Tarpon now.

Comment

No - the affiliation with WFF only lasted 1 season. For the last 2 seasons Liverpool has had FYSA affiliation through FC Tarpon with this year being different in that Liverpool and Tarpon have officially merged and will play under the Liverpool name. http://www.tarponfc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1208894

Whether or not Liverpool is right for you and your son/daughter depends on what you and your child want from your club. Keep in mind that LFC-WF is still a new club (for boys, their oldest age group is 2002). As a parent, I feel that they are still making some of the same mistakes they made in their first year - especially with regard to communication - and they don't always know what they don't know which is a definite problem. Facilities in South Tampa are sub-par (especially given the fees) but they claim to be working to remedy this issue. I don't know much about the new DOC but feel that there are some quality coaches. Because they are a small club, there may be some opportunities for players that wouldn't exist at some of the larger clubs (namely playing time). But, because they are small, there are other opportunities that might be missed.

I know how this will be received by some on TS but I'm just trying to give you an honest feedback based on 3 years with this club. Time will tell whether or not they are able to compete at the highest levels with the larger clubs in this area.

Comment

Honestly, this post is what TS should be about. Honest and informtive. I'd be interested to see how FC Tarpon changes or enhances the club.

No - the affiliation with WFF only lasted 1 season. For the last 2 seasons Liverpool has had FYSA affiliation through FC Tarpon with this year being different in that Liverpool and Tarpon have officially merged and will play under the Liverpool name. http://www.tarponfc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1208894

Whether or not Liverpool is right for you and your son/daughter depends on what you and your child want from your club. Keep in mind that LFC-WF is still a new club (for boys, their oldest age group is 2002). As a parent, I feel that they are still making some of the same mistakes they made in their first year - especially with regard to communication - and they don't always know what they don't know which is a definite problem. Facilities in South Tampa are sub-par (especially given the fees) but they claim to be working to remedy this issue. I don't know much about the new DOC but feel that there are some quality coaches. Because they are a small club, there may be some opportunities for players that wouldn't exist at some of the larger clubs (namely playing time). But, because they are small, there are other opportunities that might be missed.

I know how this will be received by some on TS but I'm just trying to give you an honest feedback based on 3 years with this club. Time will tell whether or not they are able to compete at the highest levels with the larger clubs in this area.

Comment

That's as a disingenuous post as I've ever seen. Chelsea loans their academy players to Premier League teams and Champions League Teams all over Europe then sells them for staggering amounts. You can see their loaned out players on first teams all over Europe first division teams. Ake for example joined Chelsea Youth Academy at like 15 or 16 and was sold at 22 years of age for 20 Million - this year. He was loaned out before that to Bournemouth, Watford, and Reading to play first team minutes. Christensen is another one who joined Chelsea around age 14 or 15 and debuted for the Chelsea first team in 2014 at age of 18/19 - he is now on loan to the Bundesliga. So yeah, your are fully wrong.

How many players graduated from Liverpool FC - West Florida Academy are currently playing anywhere besides the local pickup games in whatever town/city they live in.
                              do your research and you'll see girls playing international youth teams from wff. you experts are pathetic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X