Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of ODP and Leagues in Oregon

I am hearing that Timbers are trying to pull out of ODP in Oregon entirely; also hearing that OYSA wants the leagues back.

Is ODP continuing this year?
    Are Timbers' still running leagues?

No way in hell Timbers are giving up leagues/state cup without a fight - too much $$.

ODP is a dinosaur and a money loser (other than RTC) - not sure why Timbers or OYSA want to run, unless it is part of the package with RTC and leagues/cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No way in hell Timbers are giving up leagues/state cup without a fight - too much $$.

ODP is a dinosaur and a money loser (other than RTC) - not sure why Timbers or OYSA want to run, unless it is part of the package with RTC and leagues/cup.
      ODP probably should go away, but not RTC if they actually did scouting. There's already the academy teams and the academy league. ODP would have to remain in states where there aren't MLS teams or Indy DA teams. Those ODP teams should then be put in the DA league.

The idea that has been going around to have more than one division in the DA League should also happen, and then likely the second div is probably where states like Alaska and MT would end up.

Comment

ODP probably should go away, but not RTC if they actually did scouting. There's already the academy teams and the academy league. ODP would have to remain in states where there aren't MLS teams or Indy DA teams. Those ODP teams should then be put in the DA league.

The idea that has been going around to have more than one division in the DA League should also happen, and then likely the second div is probably where states like Alaska and MT would end up.
        oh, forgot. that 2nd division is probably where PTFC DA should go too.

Comment

oh, forgot. that 2nd division is probably where PTFC DA should go too.
          You must enjoy putting down children other than your own. I'm sure you would not say the same things in a room full of their parents...

Comment

You must enjoy putting down children other than your own. I'm sure you would not say the same things in a room full of their parents...
            my guess is the parents would be the ones to tell me. 21 teams make are automatically in the playoffs, 11 go in as wildcards. PTFC 16s are 23rd in line to be the last team in.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...d=MTAwMg%3D%3D

Comment

my guess is the parents would be the ones to tell me. 21 teams make are automatically in the playoffs, 11 go in as wildcards. PTFC 16s are 23rd in line to be the last team in.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...d=MTAwMg%3D%3D
              the 18s are 9th in line to get in. that's quite a bit better.

Comment

Timbers need to get out leagues and cups - run your camps and academy. Honestly Timbers add nothing to the league/cup experience, except their tax on top.

Don't really follow local ODP, but heard more complaints from clubs about ODP than I have ever heard this year.

Comment

Do the math on running the leagues and cups. There is a huge amount of profit. No way anyone gives that up willingly.

Comment

Speaking only for the boys, ODP is great and it was a savior this year for my son as his club team was just terrible. ODP provided good coaching and exposure to some top boys players to practice with. And the regional tourny and the Friendship cup provided some games against good competition. Overall, it was a great experience for him. For boys, I highly recommend it.

I know, TS is only about girls soccer so carry on.

Comment

Do the math on running the leagues and cups. There is a huge amount of profit. No way anyone gives that up willingly.
                      There's a lot of hungry mouths to feed at Timbers so they will likely keep all those league and cup profits flowing in.

Odp has been a disappointment for years.

Comment

Oregon soccer would be nothing without the Timbers. Lazy, overpaid DOCs shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds them.

Comment

I would and have to many...

Comment

There's a lot of hungry mouths to feed at Timbers so they will likely keep all those league and cup profits flowing in.

Odp has been a disappointment for years.
                            Timbers making huge profits off youth sports it appears. League and cups are cash cows.

Comment

Oregon soccer would be nothing without the Timbers. Lazy, overpaid DOCs shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds them.
                              Swing and a miss - there is more criticism of the Timbers relationship from people who don't make $ off of the game (boards) than there is from those who do.

For the record, Oregon was able to operate leagues and cups for 40 years without the Timbers "help". The state can do so for another 40 years without their help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X