Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WA state training affiliation

Some of the funniest things I hear from *accredited* coaches is that they're choosing to use SPANISH soccer pedagogy! In case you don't know this, the Spanish have only recently done anything on the world stage. They have a golden age of players, and it's especially evident that the people in charge haven't been around very long. It's because they have NO relationship or respect for history.

Or they think the Galaticos....which they wouldn't have a clue which team I'm talking about, are great because of their academy.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some of the funniest things I hear from *accredited* coaches is that they're choosing to use SPANISH soccer pedagogy! In case you don't know this, the Spanish have only recently done anything on the world stage. They have a golden age of players, and it's especially evident that the people in charge haven't been around very long. It's because they have NO relationship or respect for history.

Or they think the Galaticos....which they wouldn't have a clue which team I'm talking about, are great because of their academy.
    I don't understand what your saying about a club or a team but I will argue that the Spanish have done well for many years.
    Spain has been influenced by the Dutch. Johan Cruijff revolutionized the game in Barcelona back in the 80's.

The Spanish academies like La Masia are 40 years old.

Comment

Spain's national team was a chronic underachiever until 2008.

However, their club teams have been excellent since the dawn of the European Championships. Beyond the big 2, Valencia, Atletico, and Sevilla have all won a number of European trophies.

However, starting with the British; followed by the Dutch, Germans, and French; and now the Spanish; folks have been selling US on European soccer expertise for a couple of generations now.

While the expertise of their academies is without question, simply transplanting to the US has proved difficult.

Comment

Any and all above are producing better players than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Any and all above are producing better players than we are.
          Of course they do. those countries don't have :NFL, NBA, MLB or the NHL or a landscape of universities bringing in billions from TV advertising for American Football and Basketball that feeds the pro leagues.

We have pay to play clubs that attract middle class inferior athletes for what we call soccer.

We rock!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X