Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mean where W T F C runs a tournament that makes enough money to build fields and make the game cheaper for many.

I bet you wish your club was as organized
    WashT has been a clown show for years, and it's not changing any time soon.

Comment

WashT has been a clown show for years, and it's not changing any time soon.
      Yep. You can tell. Three new turf fields. One paid for in cash and the other two paid for in three years. Parking lot finishing in less than a year. New club house breaking ground spring of 2018. Let's not forget the 3800 players that have parents who could choose other clubs in the area. Of this 3800 there are almost 60 from Oregon. Second largest tourney in the area. They do more for the community in one fiscal year than most clubs have done in a lifetime

What a clown show

Comment

Yep. You can tell. Three new turf fields. One paid for in cash and the other two paid for in three years. Parking lot finishing in less than a year. New club house breaking ground spring of 2018. Let's not forget the 3800 players that have parents who could choose other clubs in the area. Of this 3800 there are almost 60 from Oregon. Second largest tourney in the area. They do more for the community in one fiscal year than most clubs have done in a lifetime

What a clown show
        Total clown show. Complete with small car and seltzer bottles.

Comment

What a clown show
          Who wrote out the big checks? 3800 players-how many from rec side? "Almost 60" means a guesstimate.

Glad about the fiscal year for a community...what is the "community" and whose fiscal year?
          Second largest tournament in what area?

"They do more for the community in one fiscal year than most clubs have done in a lifetime" is a ridiculous statement.

Comment

Who wrote out the big checks? 3800 players-how many from rec side? "Almost 60" means a guesstimate.

Glad about the fiscal year for a community...what is the "community" and whose fiscal year?
            Second largest tournament in what area?

"They do more for the community in one fiscal year than most clubs have done in a lifetime" is a ridiculous statement.
            Actually all of these statements that the OP posted are true. I would add that the Clash is the third largest tournament in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Utah.

The club is well connected with the community and they actually have a committee of 8 people that that is all they do.

Comment

Just Sayin'

They pay a professional team that buys team contacts and inundate us with promotion after promotion for these tournaments. I am sick of receiving emails that sometimes say, "What are you waiting for?"

It's so annoying, even when it happens years after a team has graduated from high school and I have repeatedly requested to be removed from the email spam list. It's not a top tournament. It's an Oregon tournament.

The important thing to remember is that all tournaments here are fundraisers for the clubs. Support all of the tournaments as they keep travel clubs interested in Oregon competition.
              Smart people use Filters....and don't rely don't the *webmaster*, so 90's.

F i l t e r s

In google speak labels, or in MS - rules, take your pick.

Comment

350 teams is a top tournament. I've run tournaments before so I'm confident that they pull in $175,000 from this event. The Vantucky clan has become very organized in the past three years and I would say is one of the top clubs in the area if not THE top club. They have their own facilities that they can control. They are able to raise massive amounts of money, they work with organizations around the world to help grow the game here locally and they service EVERY level of soccer player.

There is no club doing that as good as them

Oh, and they run 4-5 tournaments a year
                That's all fine and dandy, but no player development.

Comment

Why all the hate for WT FC? They are a good club, that produces good players, and is generally a good citizen.

Comment

Lol
                    31 players in the Timbers and Thorns DA

How many does your club have?

Comment

Lol

Comment

What a clown show
                        Don't forget the hundreds and hundreds of top players that have to leave the club each year for far better clubs because of the rec-level coaching and bootball thugball mentality.

Comment

Lol

So you put 31 players in a rec-level academy. Great!

Comment

Lol

So those 31 were developed into top tier blue chips? So which coaches get the credit in this case?

Comment

So you put 31 players in a rec-level academy. Great!
                              Sad to see all the hate ... we are talking about a fun, healthy sport for children to play that gets them off the couch and striving for excellence.

Regardless if that leads them into getting their education paid for, making their HS varsity teams, playing for the DA (or GDA), or coming back to the game as an adult to coach.

Who cares what level it's at?

What is wrong with all you haters? I feel so sorry for the people who have to put up with you! I just hope you aren't out there coaching and ruining the game for these young children ... now that would be a shame!

Comment

Sad to see all the hate ... we are talking about a fun, healthy sport for children to play that gets them off the couch and striving for excellence.

Regardless if that leads them into getting their education paid for, making their HS varsity teams, playing for the DA (or GDA), or coming back to the game as an adult to coach.

Who cares what level it's at?

What is wrong with all you haters? I feel so sorry for the people who have to put up with you! I just hope you aren't out there coaching and ruining the game for these young children ... now that would be a shame!
                                bingo. every time i visit this site it's the same talk...how terrible everyone is. funny though, since during events like friendship cup and regionals/nationals, this board is DEAD. so obviously none of these trolls' kids even play at a high level anyway.

loserville

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X