Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    DA parents already squirming at the lack of a summer progression schedule. Missed opportunity to bring the players up to anywhere near a GPS or Eastside level even with what they have lost. GPS is not in a ton of tournaments but all strategic building on their predecessors.
    Why would anyone want to be at GPS or Eastside levels? Those clubs are basically rec clubs that charge premier fees.

Comment

Only tournament around where the top division is " Super Gold/Silver".
      And the bottom is "gold/silver", without the super.

Actually, I think silver means third place

Comment

Truth! It's really just Clash & Beav Cup.
        What's the third?
        No decent teams waste their time with Oregon tourneys. A summer of Crossfire Challenge and Mustang Stampede give you all the competition you need.

Comment

350 teams is a top tournament. I've run tournaments before so I'm confident that they pull in $175,000 from this event. The Vantucky clan has become very organized in the past three years and I would say is one of the top clubs in the area if not THE top club. They have their own facilities that they can control. They are able to raise massive amounts of money, they work with organizations around the world to help grow the game here locally and they service EVERY level of soccer player.

There is no club doing that as good as them

Oh, and they run 4-5 tournaments a year

Comment

Whats funny is people love to bash tournaments like this, but over the last few years Oregon (mainly portland) has slacked off so much with tournaments that the clash is now one of the top 2-3 tournaments in the area.
            They pay a professional team that buys team contacts and inundate us with promotion after promotion for these tournaments. I am sick of receiving emails that sometimes say, "What are you waiting for?"

It's so annoying, even when it happens years after a team has graduated from high school and I have repeatedly requested to be removed from the email spam list. It's not a top tournament. It's an Oregon tournament.

The important thing to remember is that all tournaments here are fundraisers for the clubs. Support all of the tournaments as they keep travel clubs interested in Oregon competition.

Comment

Summer tournaments are not for player development.

Comment

Only tournament around where the top division is " Super Gold/Silver".
                LOL

It means it's a tournament that allows teams to tell them where to place them in the tournament.

Comment

350 teams is a top tournament. I've run tournaments before so I'm confident that they pull in $175,000 from this event. The Vantucky clan has become very organized in the past three years and I would say is one of the top clubs in the area if not THE top club. They have their own facilities that they can control. They are able to raise massive amounts of money, they work with organizations around the world to help grow the game here locally and they service EVERY level of soccer player.

Comment

Yes, and there are others of us who have also been involved in running tournaments as fundraisers.

I hate it when people use derogatory names when making comments about a club. So disrespectful and not something to be teaching young people.

Comment

Oh, and the guy that organized all this just left the club. Time for the usual downward spiral that WashT has always been.

And 350 teams that are all rec level doesn't make this a top tournament. It's just a big rec tourney, nothing more.

Comment

Clash at the Border - where club teams go to hammer on Rec teams.

Comment

What does the Silver Medal equate to in the top brackets? Fifth place? Why give a medal for that?

Comment

Clash at the Border - where club teams go to hammer on Rec teams.
                            You mean where W T F C runs a tournament that makes enough money to build fields and make the game cheaper for many.

I bet you wish your club was as organized

Comment

You mean where W T F C runs a tournament that makes enough money to build fields and make the game cheaper for many.

Bingo.

Comment

Like other clubs, is it more like they're fundraising to help get enough money to get preferred access to new build facilities? Or to buy their own land, build their own fields without anyone else's money, pay for their own field(s) maintenance? Lights? Liability insurance? Parking lot(s)?

What is the "cheaper" amount of money?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X