Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Might want to check again. That was Durano's 03 Navy team playing on age.
    Hey, Ok its a start for the FC Portland ECNL team. We ae, developing mostly behind the scenes but its been super intense and rewarding for the players I know. Not a single complaint. We certainly could have scored more and made those games truly reflective of our team but we got the job done and took our first medals with much more to follow! Go FCP!

Comment

Speaks volumes that a team that was said to do a league that makes you elite actually is worse then the situation prior.

It's a joke and near a scam.

Comment

And now ECNL is not anywhere what it used to be. There has been significant dilution due to the addition of so many clubs and many have put their top teams into DA, so their ECNL teams are their second teamers. No one should be surprised that Portland got invited to the ECNL party when there was only a year or two left of the ECNL party. It's like showing up to Prom at 1100 and everyone starts to leave at 1115. Portland is still at the prom, but the music is fading, there is trash everywhere and only the ugly kids are still at the dance. All of the popular and pretty people are off to the after parties having fun.

Comment

They played 1 year older so U15's
          Lol. Put the pipe down, you've had too much green. As another poster stated, there were no FC ECNL teams at Mt. Hood. They've been on break and are now getting ready for HS season.

Comment

Lol. Put the pipe down, you've had too much green. As another poster stated, there were no FC ECNL teams at Mt. Hood. They've been on break and are now getting ready for HS season.
            Because high school season is so amazing!!

Comment

Because high school season is so amazing!!
              I didn't say it was. It is what it is. My DD enjoys playing on her ECNL team, but also enjoys HS for what it is. Sad you seem so sour on HS soccer. Perhaps you need to adjust your expectations of what it is.

Comment

I didn't say it was. It is what it is. My DD enjoys playing on her ECNL team, but also enjoys HS for what it is. Sad you seem so sour on HS soccer. Perhaps you need to adjust your expectations of what it is.
                No need. She saw what it was last year and now has chosen to just play DA. It's great the girls have so many choices.

Comment

No need. She saw what it was last year and now has chosen to just play DA. It's great the girls have so many choices.
                  I don't think I will ever understand the no HS sports. I know I sound like an old man and maybe behind the times, but I played football and baseball in college and during HS I played football, basketball and baseball. My HS team sucked, but i loved the game/sport and it was fun.

Now parents feel their kid will be left behind if they don't specialize in 1 sport 24/7. Every now and then a player comes along that may be of national caliber but you are talking about 1/10th of 1%. This is not an ECNL vs DA; parents need to be more honest and realistic and let them play for the love of the game

Comment

I don't think I will ever understand the no HS sports. I know I sound like an old man and maybe behind the times, but I played football and baseball in college and during HS I played football, basketball and baseball. My HS team sucked, but i loved the game/sport and it was fun.

Now parents feel their kid will be left behind if they don't specialize in 1 sport 24/7. Every now and then a player comes along that may be of national caliber but you are talking about 1/10th of 1%. This is not an ECNL vs DA; parents need to be more honest and realistic and let them play for the love of the game
                    It's niave to assume that a player who is giving up high school soccer to play DA doesn't love the game. Most love it so much that they don't want to do anything else, despite efforts to play multiple sports. Most of these players fit the standard high school level of mediocrity at every other sport, but they are more than mediocre at soccer. I applaude the kids that are trying to be their very best at something rather than settle for being average at many things. You only live once so do what makes you happy.

Comment

It's niave to assume that a player who is giving up high school soccer to play DA doesn't love the game. Most love it so much that they don't want to do anything else, despite efforts to play multiple sports. Most of these players fit the standard high school level of mediocrity at every other sport, but they are more than mediocre at soccer. I applaude the kids that are trying to be their very best at something rather than settle for being average at many things. You only live once so do what makes you happy.
                      I think a 16, 17 or 18 year old can make that decision, but a 13 or 14 year old is making that decision because their parents think their daughter is the 2nd coming of Mia Hamm

Comment

I think a 16, 17 or 18 year old can make that decision, but a 13 or 14 year old is making that decision because their parents think their daughter is the 2nd coming of Mia Hamm
                        Odd post. Most 13 and 14 year olds I know have a good idea of what they want and most parents I know wouldn't deny them opportunities for the sake of forcing them to play other sports if they don't want to. You realize kids can enjoy other kinds of athletics without having to participate on a high school team mommy and daddy can cheer for?

Comment

You really have no clue what it's like to have a kid who is really good in multiple sports, do you? I didn't want my dd to give up anything. She was doing ballet at a very high level and track and was on a top soccer team (and doing ODP in addition). Plus was getting a 4.0 in HS. Late in her freshman year, she told us that she had to quit ballet because everything was too much. The next year, she tried to do track but decided that was too much to take on in addition to her soccer club and ODP and her school work. She was the one who made the decision to drop things, not us. Personally I wish she would have played some rec volleyball or done some swimming but she would have never done rec sports. It was ultra competitive or nothing.

Comment

You really have no clue what it's like to have a kid who is really good in multiple sports, do you? I didn't want my dd to give up anything. She was doing ballet at a very high level and track and was on a top soccer team (and doing ODP in addition). Plus was getting a 4.0 in HS. Late in her freshman year, she told us that she had to quit ballet because everything was too much. The next year, she tried to do track but decided that was too much to take on in addition to her soccer club and ODP and her school work. She was the one who made the decision to drop things, not us. Personally I wish she would have played some rec volleyball or done some swimming but she would have never done rec sports. It was ultra competitive or nothing.
                            The fact she did ODP tells me she is not super competitive

Comment

Did you just really say the other poster didn't have a clue about having a kid who's really good in multiple sports? I mean, after all, the poster played multiple sports in HS, well enough to play football and baseball in college.

Comment

Did you just really say the other poster didn't have a clue about having a kid who's really good in multiple sports? I mean, after all, the poster played multiple sports in HS, well enough to play football and baseball in college.
                                The bar isn't very high in D3.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X