Girls 03 Rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if encl and gps are aren't good choices, what are the other options?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Certainly NOT Thorns Academy. That's a dumpster fire over there.

Honestly, ECNL is the best way to go to get consistent, top-level training and consistent, top-level competition. GPS may have one good team right now, but they have no one to play. You don't get better playing at half speed against a bunch of OYSA "B" teams.

Comment

Besides ECNL and GPS?
        Me personally, I would lay my money on
        1) FC Portland - Say what you want but generally peforms year to year and has developed some great players over the years..
        2) Southside - the club is a bit disorganized but has great coaches and development.
        3) BSC - Not a fan of some of their philosophies but a solid club.
        4) THUSC has developed some great players.

I know a lot of people disagree with me. Instead of bashing, make your own top 4 list

Comment

Certainly NOT Thorns Academy. That's a dumpster fire over there.

Honestly, ECNL is the best way to go to get consistent, top-level training and consistent, top-level competition. GPS may have one good team right now, but they have no one to play. You don't get better playing at half speed against a bunch of OYSA "B" teams.

ECNL for 7th & 8th graders is an obscene money grab. Totally ridiculous before high school. Period.

Comment

Besides ECNL and GPS?
            Me personally, I would lay my money on
            1) FC Portland - Say what you want but generally peforms year to year and has developed some great players over the years..
            2) Southside - the club is a bit disorganized but has great coaches and development.
            3) BSC - Not a fan of some of their philosophies but a solid club.
            4) THUSC has developed some great players.

I know a lot of people disagree with me. Instead of bashing, make your own top 4 list
            FC Portland is one of the two ECNL clubs. In most age groups their "B" teams are good enough to compete in OYSA Premier.

Comment

ECNL for 7th & 8th graders is an obscene money grab. Totally ridiculous before high school. Period.
              Then why do so many non-ECNL teams spend just as much or more travelling all over the western half of the US playing in tournaments? Honestly, moving from playing on a top U13 girls team to an ECNL U14 team last year cost us nothing more. Total costs for the year were almost identical. Believe it or not, but it's true.

Comment

FC Portland is one of the two ECNL clubs. In most age groups their "B" teams are good enough to compete in OYSA Premier.
                Then why aren't they?

Comment

Then why do so many non-ECNL teams spend just as much or more travelling all over the western half of the US playing in tournaments? Honestly, moving from playing on a top U13 girls team to an ECNL U14 team last year cost us nothing more. Total costs for the year were almost identical. Believe it or not, but it's true.
                  Still doesn't justify the expense.. The development gained doesn't justify it, especially when you consider the soccer drop-out rate of some of those high travel clubs.

Comment

The FC Portland 2001 ECNL team tried it's hand at OYSA Premier and finished a dismal fourth place and got bounced in state cup. Disappointing for sure.

Comment

Then why aren't they?
                      Take a look at all age groups U11 through U18. They are there and beating a lot of "A" teams from other clubs. The point is, FC is a great club for girls as they super committed can play ECNL and the less committed but still skilled can play OYSA Premier. Only CU can come close to offering the same thing.

Comment

Still doesn't justify the expense.. The development gained doesn't justify it, especially when you consider the soccer drop-out rate of some of those high travel clubs.
                        What expense is that? ECNL is NOT more expensive than the top OYSA Premier programs.

Comment

The FC Portland 2001 ECNL team tried it's hand at OYSA Premier and finished a dismal fourth place and got bounced in state cup. Disappointing for sure.
                          Wow. That is not very surprising.

Comment

Kinda odd since no FC Portland ECNL team has every played a single game in OYSA or Oregon state cup.

Comment

Would you quit bring this up. I appreciate you like to remind everyone but that was last year and the kids have moved on.

Comment

Take a look at all age groups U11 through U18. They are there and beating a lot of "A" teams from other clubs. The point is, FC is a great club for girls as they super committed can play ECNL and the less committed but still skilled can play OYSA Premier. Only CU can come close to offering the same thing.

It will be interesting to see how the 2004 Girls DA program set to launch next year will impact both clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X