Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not going to mention names but some of the town premiere teams have had success.
    That's code for no team had success in premier past u13

Comment

Town premier is born from a successful town travel team that has won a state cup and brought in a few outsiders from other towns to play. Once crowned state cup winner, the coach (dad of course) sells to the parents that he wants to enter the same town travel team into a premier league, of course they need backing of the coordinator of the town. The coach sells the parents on paying more for nicer uniforms, team training from some former college player and that the team is so good, they need to be challenged by playing better teams. Seen this a million times. Always set up for failure when they either get pounded on in the premier league or the better kids start leaving for one of the big clubs
      Not in our town. Never won one state cup. I don't even think they won green division (if they did not more than once). They beat up on a bunch of ragamuffins and then went to premier. When they did, many of the premier kids they counted on to stay with them stayed with their premier clubs and then stayed and played on the B team. I bet our town's B team could beat them or at least give them a game and they have quite a myriad of abilities on that team.

Comment

I'm not going to mention names but some of the town premiere teams have had success.
        Please stop putting an e at the end of premier. It's hurting my eyes every time I read it. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Not in our town. Never won one state cup. I don't even think they won green division (if they did not more than once). They beat up on a bunch of ragamuffins and then went to premier. When they did, many of the premier kids they counted on to stay with them stayed with their premier clubs and then stayed and played on the B team. I bet our town's B team could beat them or at least give them a game and they have quite a myriad of abilities on that team.
          Double roster premier and B???????

Comment

My kid is on a u11 travel team and he is by for the best player on the team, we were offered a spot on a big premiere club team but not sure I want him to make a move. I figure he would get more looks from colleges scouts by being the team stud on his town team rather than number 4 or 5 on a premiere team

Comment

Please stop putting an e at the end of premier. It's hurting my eyes every time I read it. Thank you in advance.
              Agreed. It's not a movie

It also invalidates any point made before it

Comment

My kid is on a u11 travel team and he is by for the best player on the team, we were offered a spot on a big premiere club team but not sure I want him to make a move. I figure he would get more looks from colleges scouts by being the team stud on his town team rather than number 4 or 5 on a premiere team
                Maybe he will be a big fish in a small pond but he will play tougher competition and probably get much better coaching and experience at premier. College is a long way off.

Comment

Dude, you have major issues.

Comment

Yes they've had success in the garbage dump that is CJSA now

Comment

Yes they've had success in the garbage dump that is CJSA now
                      Start with Thom M. several years back. The guy did nothing to help stem the tide. He was so concerned about disciplinary action and good manners... but he WAS not a soccer guy. His regime did nothing. Now we still have none soccer guys running CJSA with screwball ideas. Until CJSA has proper leadership, they will bleed out.

Comment

Start with Thom M. several years back. The guy did nothing to help stem the tide. He was so concerned about disciplinary action and good manners... but he WAS not a soccer guy. His regime did nothing. Now we still have none soccer guys running CJSA with screwball ideas. Until CJSA has proper leadership, they will bleed out.
                        The patient is already on the operating table and has flatlined. Resuscitation might not be possible

Comment

Double roster premier and B???????
                          When the A team went premier it was the only way they could continue to play travel (and there were several kids that wanted to keep playing premier and in town).

Comment

Good thinking. Put him down to rec and he will be a good destined for any D1 full ride he wants.

Comment

sarcasm right?

Comment

sarcasm right?
                                Duh ... congrats you win a free Kia

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X