Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Fonz is playing the leather jacket target for Shoreline FC? Surely this is good news. Hot days and leather jackets don't mix but we should applaud Shoreline FC for their new front line of #7 Potsie, #9 Fonz and the very clever footed Ralph Mouth painting the left side of the field as the 11. Big kudos to the Shoreline Boyz
    I've heard that Chachi is a stellar defender!

Comment

I've heard that Chachi is a stellar defender!
      Any truth to Shoreline FC in NB imploding??

Comment

Any truth to Shoreline FC in NB imploding??
        Who knows? I'm guessing no since the OP didn't elaborate at all. Typical...

Comment

I'm not sure if there is some specific reason to say they are imploding. What I can add, which is not a revelation, is that Shoreline has filled their rosters with town level players. It's a disservice to their own club and Premier in general. Unless they get their act together it would be to everyone's benefit for them to disappear. The club is poorly run and it's very apparent that it's a club designed to generate income. If they were to go away it would make the remaining clubs in the area slightly stronger because they do have some good players on the boys side. The girls teams they have are very poor.

Comment

I'm not sure if there is some specific reason to say they are imploding. What I can add, which is not a revelation, is that Shoreline has filled their rosters with town level players. It's a disservice to their own club and Premier in general. Unless they get their act together it would be to everyone's benefit for them to disappear. The club is poorly run and it's very apparent that it's a club designed to generate income. If they were to go away it would make the remaining clubs in the area slightly stronger because they do have some good players on the boys side. The girls teams they have are very poor.
            Thanks mr Cunningham. Btw. Mrs Cunningham makes one heck of a team manager.

Comment

I don't see why you think Shoreline is poorly run. Of course the club is here to generate income for its directors and coaches. They are also fulfilling a need for this area. I would have thought one of the "shoreline" clubs would have folded already. You would think that the customers would have figure out which was the better club and all the best players would have migrated there. However, the customers can not seem to decide which club is better.

I think the age change provide all these clubs with some extra time and perhaps next year we will see some clear trends with regard to hierarchy in shoreline soccer.

Comment

I don't see why you think Shoreline is poorly run. Of course the club is here to generate income for its directors and coaches. They are also fulfilling a need for this area. I would have thought one of the "shoreline" clubs would have folded already. You would think that the customers would have figure out which was the better club and all the best players would have migrated there. However, the customers can not seem to decide which club is better.

I think the age change provide all these clubs with some extra time and perhaps next year we will see some clear trends with regard to hierarchy in shoreline soccer.
                Shoreline FC lost some good players in the younger age groups. Their 2004 and 2005 Boys have gone down the toilet. They have a decent 2003 team which is probably the only decent team they have left. Their HS Boys and Girls have all dispersed. The best I can tell very few ended up at SCP. In fact, SCP is now creating mixed age group teams because they can't field teams at each age group. I am guessing players left to Ginga or Rush???

Comment

Lots of innuendo about Shoreline's demise. Can anyone confirm or is this just greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I can shed some light on Shoreline's (North Branford) plight. BJ started this branch about 4 years ago. There was a little controversy because he split with Everson and there was a question about who had ownership of the email lists which BJ used to publicize his launch. They started with a small group of boys mostly from his contacts in Madison and some nearby towns running clinics and indoor training. He tried bringing in NP from CFC to get a girls side going but they had a falling out over money and he was gone within a year. In the last year or two their numbers grew but it was a classic "bubble". BJ would add anyone to a roster that could write a check. This started to alienate the families who were trying to find competitive teams. They added some girls teams last year but completely mismanaged the teams and it blew up in their faces. If you ask most people in soccer circles about Shoreline FC the response would be, "some good coaches with good training. Large rosters with a wide range of abilities. Too expensive for what is offered". They currently have no girls program to speak of and on the boys side many of the better players left their respective teams. They have 2 Boys teams at the high school level that are decent and will come together after the high school season (although there is some indications that some of those players may bail). At the younger levels they have a couple of very average teams but nothing that stands out. The pricing will likely end up forcing any talent to leave those teams when the parents realize what they have been brought into. In my opinion this club will limp along one more year and then shutter the windows.

Comment

I can shed some light on Shoreline's (North Branford) plight. BJ started this branch about 4 years ago. There was a little controversy because he split with Everson and there was a question about who had ownership of the email lists which BJ used to publicize his launch. They started with a small group of boys mostly from his contacts in Madison and some nearby towns running clinics and indoor training. He tried bringing in NP from CFC to get a girls side going but they had a falling out over money and he was gone within a year. In the last year or two their numbers grew but it was a classic "bubble". BJ would add anyone to a roster that could write a check. This started to alienate the families who were trying to find competitive teams. They added some girls teams last year but completely mismanaged the teams and it blew up in their faces. If you ask most people in soccer circles about Shoreline FC the response would be, "some good coaches with good training. Large rosters with a wide range of abilities. Too expensive for what is offered". They currently have no girls program to speak of and on the boys side many of the better players left their respective teams. They have 2 Boys teams at the high school level that are decent and will come together after the high school season (although there is some indications that some of those players may bail). At the younger levels they have a couple of very average teams but nothing that stands out. The pricing will likely end up forcing any talent to leave those teams when the parents realize what they have been brought into. In my opinion this club will limp along one more year and then shutter the windows.
                      Thanks for rehashing this whole discussion. Your insights are astonishing. to bad we can short the shoreline club based on your "facts".

Comment

what happened to NP going to Beachside Girls?

Comment

Thanks for rehashing this whole discussion. Your insights are astonishing. to bad we can short the shoreline club based on your "facts".
                          Both have issues with the devils brew. Don't expect much out of either.

Comment

What are you even trying to say? It's gibberish.

Comment

That is a pretty thorough and accurate account of the rise and fall of Shoreline FC in North Branford. Yes, a lot of it has already been documented here on TS. They are a boys only club and a weak one at that.

Comment

what happened to NP going to Beachside Girls?
                                Who is NP? What club is he at now?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X