Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those look like Thornz Asylum stats. Good show!
    No those stats were literally taken from crossfire Oregon Ecnl. You can throw fc Portland in with them for all but the -75 goal differential. Theirs is -13

Comment

All of these tournament promote negative development.
      Playing 4-6 games in 48 hours is a terrible idea.

The first tournament that changes their structure by shortening the length of the games will be the true club that is for the kids
      What tournament has teams playing 4 to 6 games in 48 hours?
      You obviously know absolutely nothing about these tournaments, let alone anything about games, kids and clubs.

Dolt.

Comment

What tournament has teams playing 4 to 6 games in 48 hours?
        not the person who posted that first "4-6 games in 48 hours", but here's just the first schedule i looked at for beaverton cup.

Fri 7/14/2017 1:40 pm
        Fri 7/14/2017 6:20 pm
        Sat 7/15/2017 11:20 am
        Sat 7/15/2017 4:00 pm
        Sun 7/16/2017 12:30 pm

that's 5 games in 47 hours.

Comment

Sounds like fun.

Comment

not the person who posted that first "4-6 games in 48 hours", but here's just the first schedule i looked at for beaverton cup.

That is pure stupidity

Comment

what age group?

Comment

Did the same thing at the Clash at the Border. Our team had fun. Even bench players got to play a lot. My kids prefer that to the one game/day limited 35min halves showcase tournaments where there isn't much playing time per player.

Comment

5) 25-minute halves for U10 games, Fri/Sat/Sun. 5 players on the field, 14 on game rosters. That's a lot of subs for a game should the wee one be worn out.

Active kids are just that in the summer- active. Sports, swimming, skateboarding, playing. Hard to believe this would e too intense for U10s. Our family did it with 4 kids and we all loved every minute.

Comment

Did the same thing at the Clash at the Border. Our team had fun. Even bench players got to play a lot. My kids prefer that to the one game/day limited 35min halves showcase tournaments where there isn't much playing time per player.
                    Plus coaches don't want them exhausted in between by outdoor activities (swimming, other sports) or going to the movies...always something. LOL Enjoy the games!

Comment

what age group?
                      that was u10 (like i said first thing that came up). i then looked at another group, which happened to be the "u20" high school boys. there's was the same but in less time. it's true, i didn't see anyone playing a 6th game.

and to answer the other poster. i didn't see any teams, even u10s, out there with almost as many players on the bench as on the field.

i'm sure the "they're too young too know better" for youngsters, or "they're old enough, they know themselves" will come up, for the old guys. I largely agree, but there COULD be a better way to do tournaments. i prefer multiple weekends like state cup, but i know that costs more money and more fields over different weekends. there could also be something like high school jamborees, idk.

Comment

Plus coaches don't want them exhausted in between by outdoor activities (swimming, other sports) or going to the movies...always something. LOL Enjoy the games!
                        the swimming pool is for regeneration. even my coaches told us that in the 90s, so encouraged that. movies is also a great idea, to get out of the heat. mostly it's junk food to steer clear of, which, good luck getting a kid not to eat fast food.

Comment

and to answer the other poster. i didn't see any teams, even u10s, out there with almost as many players on the bench as on the field.
                          Generally, that's true, except for the host club of a given tournament--generally host clubs expect all their teams to play for the club's own tourney, which means guest players from other teams in the club are generally not available to cover for players who go on vacation.

Comment

It's a pretty good tournament, on the boys side that is. I don't give a crap about the girls side as girls parents are idiots.

The boys side draws teams from Cali and Washington and some of the better area boys teams. Good competition, playing teams from out of state, and if the weather is mild, it's an awesome experience.

Now you girls parents go back to your slap fighting. It's a good thing you have that to do when you aren't coaching from the sidelines or reading her the riot act on the way home from the game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X