Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    See post #79 where you stated - And San Diego, Montana, washington, Oregon state, MSUB, Concordia, northwest nazerene, Hawaii, Cal Baptist, Colorado, Biola, just to name a few commitments out of Westside these last couple years. There are also the ones you mentioned. Not as good as ecnl, but not too bad of a recent list

Now I know why TA clubs are leading the state with 9 girls going to JCs because they aren't smart enough to get into 4 year school. 2018 USD commit needs to find another soccer home because grades weren't good enough for San Diego
    First off, I'm not the one you think wrote post 79. I read your post and simply stated that you mentioned USD but I didn't see USD mentioned in the post you were referencing. I wasn't sure if you made a typo or if the USD comment was from somewhere else.

Second of all, my daughter went to USD, so that is why I asked the question.

Here is something worth mentioning. No one has any business passing judgement on any student's college choice. I have been a college advisor and I can tell you that there are plenty of kids who choose to go the JUCO route first, not because of grades, but to earn their associate degree then transfer into a four-year program with two years eligibility. This translates to a college or university position without having to wait out the one-year transfer period, and fills in gaps on rosters. Recruiters do continue to follow players during their JUCO time.

If the player you mentioned doesn't have the grades, then it is possible that she and the former USD coach or new coach talked about options. She is a 2018 so a lot can happen for her in the upcoming year.

Another reason players go JUCO first is because of family finances. Your child can get an offer to play but full-rides are extremely rare and if you can't make out those big checks for tuition, room and board, books, meal plans, lab fees, student fees, parking, etc. (increasing every year), then those two-year programs save you a lot of money. (USD expenses ran about $48k by my daughter's senior year). Some parents even refuse to help their kids out financially. Ghost posters on this forum do not know what is discussed for these kids in their homes.

Comment

First off, I'm not the one you think wrote post 79. I read your post and simply stated that you mentioned USD but I didn't see USD mentioned in the post you were referencing. I wasn't sure if you made a typo or if the USD comment was from somewhere else.

Second of all, my daughter went to USD, so that is why I asked the question.

Here is something worth mentioning. No one has any business passing judgement on any student's college choice. I have been a college advisor and I can tell you that there are plenty of kids who choose to go the JUCO route first, not because of grades, but to earn their associate degree then transfer into a four-year program with two years eligibility. This translates to a college or university position without having to wait out the one-year transfer period, and fills in gaps on rosters. Recruiters do continue to follow players during their JUCO time.

If the player you mentioned doesn't have the grades, then it is possible that she and the former USD coach or new coach talked about options. She is a 2018 so a lot can happen for her in the upcoming year.

Another reason players go JUCO first is because of family finances. Your child can get an offer to play but full-rides are extremely rare and if you can't make out those big checks for tuition, room and board, books, meal plans, lab fees, student fees, parking, etc. (increasing every year), then those two-year programs save you a lot of money. (USD expenses ran about $48k by my daughter's senior year). Some parents even refuse to help their kids out financially. Ghost posters on this forum do not know what is discussed for these kids in their homes.
      Agree with most of what you stated. Look on college rosters and you will be hard pressed to find JUCO transfers. The rest I agree with, but the TA clubs across the state have about 34 kids going to school (D1, D2, D3, and JC) and every time they list off the schools they always leave out the d3 and the 9 JC players

Comment

"originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
        "I hear they are hosting Celebrity Rehab with Abby wamback, hope solo and Tanya Harding at practices. Authographs $25 plus photo $150.

Tanya Harding and Ronald McDonald will lead them onto the field before each Beaverton cup game."

Incredible development. Beaverton cup is fourth tier."

US Soccer has done an awful job on the boys side. This is a bad development they are getting involved with the girls side that has been great without them. Sad!
        Hope is that they don't muck up the girls side as bad.

Comment

Agree with most of what you stated. Look on college rosters and you will be hard pressed to find JUCO transfers. The rest I agree with, but the TA clubs across the state have about 34 kids going to school (D1, D2, D3, and JC) and every time they list off the schools they always leave out the d3 and the 9 JC players
          Interesting discussions going on.
          Every time? What "every time" stuff are you talking about? On this forum? If I'm not mistaken, people have listed schools of players that committed on various threads, including CCs.

How much time do you have to spend looking for CC transfer players for all the D1, 2,3, NAIA schools? Where do you get your information from.

Comment

Interesting discussions going on.
            Every time? What "every time" stuff are you talking about? On this forum? If I'm not mistaken, people have listed schools of players that committed on various threads, including CCs.

How much time do you have to spend looking for CC transfer players for all the D1, 2,3, NAIA schools? Where do you get your information from.
            Again go back to post #78. Every time someone from Westside this is what they type:

"And San Diego, Montana, washington, Oregon state, MSUB, Concordia, northwest nazerene, Hawaii, Cal Baptist, Colorado, Biola, just to name a few commitments out of Westside these last couple years." I find it humorous they type this list, but fail to mention most of their players are going JUCO or George Fox

In regards to looking up JCs you are right I don't have time for that, but I am always curious of how the rosters are composed from the girls from our club and out of the 21 kids the only school with a few incoming JUCO players is PSU. I am certain there are exceptions, but most programs build from their own recruiting and development

Comment

And they can never name the kids going to the D1 or D2 schools.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                "originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                "I hear they are hosting Celebrity Rehab with Abby wamback, hope solo and Tanya Harding at practices. Authographs $25 plus photo $150.

Tanya Harding and Ronald McDonald will lead them onto the field before each Beaverton cup game."

Incredible development. Beaverton cup is fourth tier."

US Soccer has done an awful job on the boys side. This is a bad development they are getting involved with the girls side that has been great without them. Sad!

Hope is that they don't muck up the girls side as bad.

History is not on favorable.

Comment

Again go back to post #78. Every time someone from Westside this is what they type:

"And San Diego, Montana, washington, Oregon state, MSUB, Concordia, northwest nazerene, Hawaii, Cal Baptist, Colorado, Biola, just to name a few commitments out of Westside these last couple years." I find it humorous they type this list, but fail to mention most of their players are going JUCO or George Fox

In regards to looking up JCs you are right I don't have time for that, but I am always curious of how the rosters are composed from the girls from our club and out of the 21 kids the only school with a few incoming JUCO players is PSU. I am certain there are exceptions, but most programs build from their own recruiting and development
                  Thanks for your response. Wasn't it one person that made the post? Again, I've seen others who have shared schools and links. I just hate to see people make generalizations. None of us know how players make their choices. Even coaches don't know. I've known players torn between offers and sometimes the pressure becomes so much, they opt not to play college ball altogether.

Comment

That is an ignorant comment considering the Thorns Academy DA program just started.
                    I agree. Plus, if being part of the USWNT is the qualifier for success then very few DA programs or ECNL programs are successful.

Comment

"US Soccer has done an awful job on the boys side. This is a bad development they are getting involved with the girls side that has been great without them. Sad!"

Who's brilliant idea was it to let them get involve on the girls side?

Comment

"US Soccer has done an awful job on the boys side. This is a bad development they are getting involved with the girls side that has been great without them. Sad!"

Who's brilliant idea was it to let them get involved on the girls side?

Since when was it bad to be a profitable business? Smart businesses go after the right markets.

Comment

Since when was it bad to be a profitable business? Smart businesses go after the right markets.
                          US Soccer isn't supposed to be a profitable business. It's supposed to advance the game of soccer in the country. If anything it's set the game back 50 years.

Comment

US Soccer isn't supposed to be a profitable business. It's supposed to advance the game of soccer in the country. If anything it's set the game back 50 years.
                            Nobody cares about advancing the quality of soccer. This is about finding profit while working a job in sweatpants.

Comment

Nobody cares about advancing the quality of soccer. This is about finding profit while working a job in sweatpants.
                              Sad but true

Comment

Making minimum wage in a Timbers tracksuit is GOALS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X