Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #681  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Another jerk. I never dissed anything. I am actually trying to figure this mess out. Nor am I defining my middle school kid. Already said my kid doesn't care about high school. You cannot compare ECNL and NPL - particularly in light of this mess. But I do think you are crazy if you truly believe what happens in reality will accurately reflect what has been put down on paper. It is already changing by the day. If go into any program with blinders on you truly are an idiot.
Absolutely can compare. Not much different actually only the ECNL makes you travel a lot more.
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL. And you are just our familiar troll pushing out one of your latest fictions.
This is how you know it is our familiar troll. Don't see where there was any suggestion that the guys kid wasn't a D1 prospect, just not a terribly high level one. Does that level of player really need to be in the ECNL? After all it would seem that the OP (our troll) has basically been all over this site the past saying that the DA is too much for his daughter. Well if the DA is too much for her, asking what the ECNL is going to do for her is pretty much a no brainer question. It's pretty clear who the responder is with their rapid fire response and their hateful responses are all too transparent.

Quote:
Quote:
Or maybe they should take a big step backwards and take the opportunity to rethink what they are doing with soccer and where it potentially is heading for their child. Not to be snarky, but they are not describing a terribly high level player that at this point in time (middle school) would appear to have high level scholarship options in their future. Unless they are willing to fully sell out and commit to chasing that option it would seem that their child is a middle of the road player so even the ECNL might be a little aggressive for that path never mind the DA. There is nothing wrong with switching to a good team with more of a local focus. Might even increase the minutes and prestige of the player, both of which are always good for a developing psyche because fighting the battle to stay relevant on a top tier team can be particularly frustrating especially come the recruiting years when the realities of recruiting interest can be like a cold shower to everyone's ego.
I would think a middle of the pack ECNL player (on Breakers or Stars) is headed D1?? Maybe not Duke or Penn State, but just about every player on the current Breakers ECNL team (98/99) is committed to a D1 school. Are you suggesting that player drop down to play on an NPL team?? I know not EVERY player is headed to the NT, but I would think a D1 commit should be pushing themselves to play at the highest level possible.
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Another jerk. I never dissed anything. I am actually trying to figure this mess out. Nor am I defining my middle school kid. Already said my kid doesn't care about high school. You cannot compare ECNL and NPL - particularly in light of this mess. But I do think you are crazy if you truly believe what happens in reality will accurately reflect what has been put down on paper. It is already changing by the day. If go into any program with blinders on you truly are an idiot.
Do not keep responding to BTNT. You are falling into his bottomless pathological web. As you can see, when confronted he then tries to further discredit you by suggesting you are someone else creating fictions. The irony of course is that he is the only person on TS who fictionalizes over and over and over.
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is how you know it is our familiar troll. Don't see where there was any suggestion that the guys kid wasn't a D1 prospect, just not a terribly high level one. Does that level of player really need to be in the ECNL? After all it would seem that the OP (our troll) has basically been all over this site the past saying that the DA is too much for his daughter. Well if the DA is too much for her, asking what the ECNL is going to do for her is pretty much a no brainer question. It's pretty clear who the responder is with their rapid fire response and their hateful responses are all too transparent.
You are so sick, BTNT. How come you justify every possible placement except for ECNL? Why don't you just get everything off your chest and admit why you hate Stars so much.
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are so sick, BTNT. How come you justify every possible placement except for ECNL? Why don't you just get everything off your chest and admit why you hate Stars so much.
This is actually humorous. I wrote original post and not even sure I can follow.
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Absolutely can compare. Not much different actually only the ECNL makes you travel a lot more.
Third tier next year. No denying that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just remember we are talking about the adult son (50-something) of one of Boston's all-time sports legends. Went to Duke to play football but couldn't cut it even at a weak football program, and now miserable and hateful to his core and we have to pay for it every day here.
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 03-03-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just remember we are talking about the adult son (50-something) of one of Boston's all-time sports legends. Went to Duke to play football but couldn't cut it even at a weak football program, and now miserable and hateful to his core and we have to pay for it every day here.
Imagine what his family goes through
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.