Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winter

My sons friend is at GPS and they continue straight through with trainings into December. My sons club does not. How many clubs do this?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My sons friend is at GPS and they continue straight through with trainings into December. My sons club does not. How many clubs do this?
    Nearly all(bigger clubs) have a year round calendar now, with mini breaks(3-4 breaks w/ 2-3 weeks off)built into the schedule. It used to be that clubs would take a 4-6 week break from mid/late November - Christmas, and then again mid/late June-middle of August. MPS and Stars changed to the year long training model, as they employed more full time coaches/directors. The only complaint I have had with training 2x a week Thanksgiving - New Years, was my sons coaches traveling home for the holidays, and to get their new Visa. Most times the coach was away for 4-8 weeks, and the numbers would be low or cancelled that day. The continuation of Fall training, with little interruption, looks good on paper, but can get frustrating when you pay 3 Large to be trained by a 19 yr old American college player. It wasn't a huge issue, but it definitely had us questioning why they didn't just give the time off between the holidays, and shave a couple hundred off the cost for the year. Lastly, I do think that clubs/teams should train/play till thanksgiving -1st week in December, and take December off. IMO, I think the Majority of parents/players/coaches/directors would like to take December off, and then late June - early August.

Comment

I was talking to some parents at a tournament several years ago. They said one of the reason that their team played through the winter was to stop other teams from poaching their kids

Comment

We scale back from 3x/week to 2 (all indoor) with a 3rd if the turf is clear of snow (yes it's friggin' cold).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X