GPS Thanksgiving Schedules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are forgetting to mention that you have lost many key players to your NPL team and one of your top forwards to Breakers ECNL. I could say more but I will leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You are forgetting to mention that you have lost many key players to your NPL team and one of your top forwards to Breakers ECNL. I could say more but I will leave it at that.
      Please say more? I'm really keen to hear what more you have to say? Premier lost two players to the NPL team and one player to Breakers. Four of the NPL team moved down to the Premier team and several top players joined from other clubs as well as the top two players moving up from the team below. IMO - I think the team from top to bottom is better than last years version. They also have a very good coach who has a proven track record. I guess we won't know how they'll do against your team, but perhaps you can convince your coach to scrimmage them.

Comment

Is this correct? If so, did GPS create these brackets from Gotsoccer standings?

Girls U15 U15 Girls Super Group
        AZTEC SOCCER GIRLS 99 BLACK (MA) FSA FC U15 GIRLS ECNL 99 (CT) NEFC ELITE U15 GIRLS (MA) NEFC PREMIER U15 GIRLS (MA)
        Girls U15 U15 Girls Elite
        Bracket A
        FC STARS OF MASSACHUSETTS ECNL 99/00 (MA) GPS-MA NPL ELITE (MA) ROCKY HILL CFC WOLVES (CT) SEACOAST UNITED ELITE- MW- 99/00 (NH)

Bracket B
        BAYSIDE FC BOLTS NPL 99/00 (RI) BOSTON BREAKERS ACADEMY GU15 ECNL (MA) CSU U15G ELITE (MA) FC STARS OF MASSACHUSETTS NPL (MA)

Comment

The more was that this team has changed a lot since last year. You cannot go by last yeas performace. Sound like your team has changed a lot more than I thought. Added at least 8 new players and the third coach in 3 years. This is not good for chemistry and team building. It is going to take NEFC Premier sometime to figure out a new identity. When you have large turnover, good or bad, it is difficult for a team to play as a team. What top clubs did you pick up new players from.

Yes, they used gotsoccer to make these brackets and all other brackets.

Comment

Is this correct? If so, did GPS create these brackets from Gotsoccer standings?

Girls U15 U15 Girls Super Group
            AZTEC SOCCER GIRLS 99 BLACK (MA) FSA FC U15 GIRLS ECNL 99 (CT) NEFC ELITE U15 GIRLS (MA) NEFC PREMIER U15 GIRLS (MA)
            Girls U15 U15 Girls Elite
            Bracket A
            FC STARS OF MASSACHUSETTS ECNL 99/00 (MA) GPS-MA NPL ELITE (MA) ROCKY HILL CFC WOLVES (CT) SEACOAST UNITED ELITE- MW- 99/00 (NH)

Bracket B
            BAYSIDE FC BOLTS NPL 99/00 (RI) BOSTON BREAKERS ACADEMY GU15 ECNL (MA) CSU U15G ELITE (MA) FC STARS OF MASSACHUSETTS NPL (MA)
            I'm with the other poster, put them all in the same bracket. A lot of this teams don't play each other because of the many leagues.

Comment

I'm with the other poster, put them all in the same bracket. A lot of this teams don't play each other because of the many leagues.
              Schedule's down

Comment

Coaches complained.

Comment

Stars ECNL not in Super Group, ha ha ha

Comment

I wonder is it because ECNL clubs tend to put only ECNL teams in their top brackets?

Comment

Why wouldn't they complain? You know they belong in it no matter what your agenda is so of course they would complain. That is a great team whether you like the club or not. Same could be said for the NEFC U15's. At least be objective.

Comment

The more was that this team has changed a lot since last year. You cannot go by last yeas performace. Sound like your team has changed a lot more than I thought. Added at least 8 new players and the third coach in 3 years. This is not good for chemistry and team building. It is going to take NEFC Premier sometime to figure out a new identity. When you have large turnover, good or bad, it is difficult for a team to play as a team. What top clubs did you pick up new players from.

Yes, they used gotsoccer to make these brackets and all other brackets.
                        The same thing was said last year that, when the Premier team picked up several new players it would take time to find an identity and chemistry etc... They gelled pretty quick and had a good year in Region 1 and tournaments. I'm not sure what clubs some of the other players came from, but one of the top players came from GPS. It's still a good team with the core group still intact. As long as they are competitive and are having fun, that's all I really care. The third coach is a bit deceptive. NB had taken the team from U10 to U13 and cycled back to a younger team. Last years coach was hired to do speed and agility as well and GK training. The new coach has a very good track record, so we'll see how he gets on.

Comment

Why wouldn't they complain? You know they belong in it no matter what your agenda is so of course they would complain. That is a great team whether you like the club or not. Same could be said for the NEFC U15's. At least be objective.
                          See the previous post. My guess is it's either because of current rankings or because ECNL clubs tend to exclude non ECNL teams from their top brackets, even if the team is better than some of the ECNL teams. It is what it is. I think the Stars team is very good, but they haven't really played anyone locally in a while so it's hard to measure if other teams have caught up, or if Stars are continuing their growth.

Comment

Probably payback for some percieved snub during Stars Cup. If I was Stars I'd pull all my teams.

Comment

The same thing was said last year that, when the Premier team picked up several new players it would take time to find an identity and chemistry etc... They gelled pretty quick and had a good year in Region 1 and tournaments. I'm not sure what clubs some of the other players came from, but one of the top players came from GPS. It's still a good team with the core group still intact. As long as they are competitive and are having fun, that's all I really care. The third coach is a bit deceptive. NB had taken the team from U10 to U13 and cycled back to a younger team. Last years coach was hired to do speed and agility as well and GK training. The new coach has a very good track record, so we'll see how he gets on.
                              Why the need to keep defending the team? The team has AT LEAST 8 new players (maybe more), which is a lot different than a couple. In addition, last years coach's speciality was speed and agility, however, he was brought on to COACH the team. What happened to him? I can understand NB, but not last year's coach. If your team is good then they'll prove it on the field. GPS Showcase will be a good test, however, I have a hunch that if they don't do well, the excuses will start, it was just a showcase, it was cold, bad reffing, etc. All the things we heard last year from this group of parents.

Comment

Lets hope JD dsnt run away from playing nefc u15 Elite team again. That would be a great game between these 2 teams(stars ecnl u15 and nefc 15 elite). I believe NEFC beat last time they played.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X