Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not true at all. I know of many players that made the national squad that had no relationship with the staff.
    there is only one way to find out. Im signing mine up

Comment

there is only one way to find out. Im signing mine up
      anyone have experience with U12 National team? It's a bit different than the rest as they only compete with each other, and not other nations. Still worth it?

Comment

If your son's coach is one of the guys running the ID camp and making the evaluations, then your son probably has a good shot at moving on, as those guys all take care of each other. And if he isn't? Then your son has no chance.
        Not true at all. I know of many players that made the national squad that had no relationship with the staff.
        Really ? How are you so aware of what goes on behind the scenes?

Comment

A total scam and waste of time. Not futsal, but this "ID" camp.
          I would like to bring to everyone's attention that futsal (c) is a copyrighted name and cannot be used with the express consent of the National Futsal League. So everyone in here who has used the word futsal (c) please send us a check for $1 per usage. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Guy who brought this game to the masses.

PS We also sell futsal (c) brand whistles. Guaranteed never to wear out no matter how much they get used.

Comment

Special delivery.

I would like to bring to everyone's attention that futsal (c) is a copyrighted name and cannot be used with the express consent of the National Futsal League. So everyone in here who has used the word futsal (c) please send us a check for $1 per usage. Thank you.

Sincerely,

PS We also sell futsal (c) brand whistles. Guaranteed never to wear out no matter how much they get used.
            Yes. Just write your name and address and we will all send you things right away.

Comment

LOL because we don't produce nearly enough players who are terrible on the ball and pass the ball in a panic the second they're under pressure. We need more of these selfless studs (or is that duds?).
              That is so far off base in relation to the comment that initiated it, it isn't funny. There isn’t anything more painful to watch than a selfish forward that refuses to pass or even look up. You coaches that reward these players are just bad. The forward draws in the defenders and has wide open teammates but instead repeatedly tries to dribble through the defenders, this inevitably draws their own outside players in and we have a large tea party. Painful. The selfish forward need to realize, or have it explained by the coach, that passing will open up their game as the defenders will not be sure what they are going to do. Doing the same thing over and over with the same result, a turnover, is insanity.

Comment

My kid did it last year, not doing it this year.

The sessions were well-run and the overall level of play/players was good. They alternate training sessions and then games over the course of the weekend.

If your kid is interested in spending most of a weekend working on futsal skills and getting game touches ahead of the winter futsal season, I think it's worthwhile. If your intent is to have your kid attend to have a shot at making either the regional or national teams at some point, be aware that there are some politics involved.

One comment on the prior discussion re: what kind of players get selected: My major complaint was that the USYF staff running the camp are/were the same coaches who run the academies (businesses) in the various regions (NH, MA, NY specifically): and as such, have a vested interest in team selection - and more specifically: the types of players they select that they can then hold up as shining examples when attracting prospective players.

Comment

You don't know soccer. Some of the best goals in the world were scored by the selfish players. Some of the most selfish players happen to be the best players.

Being selfish alone is never rewarded by anyone.

That is so far off base in relation to the comment that initiated it, it isn't funny. There isn’t anything more painful to watch than a selfish forward that refuses to pass or even look up. You coaches that reward these players are just bad. The forward draws in the defenders and has wide open teammates but instead repeatedly tries to dribble through the defenders, this inevitably draws their own outside players in and we have a large tea party. Painful. The selfish forward need to realize, or have it explained by the coach, that passing will open up their game as the defenders will not be sure what they are going to do. Doing the same thing over and over with the same result, a turnover, is insanity.

Comment

You don't know soccer. Some of the best goals in the world were scored by the selfish players. Some of the most selfish players happen to be the best players.

I would say the best soccer is played by players who can see the space and make good use of their teammates and can finish the job, if that's what their position is. A ball hog who continually gets pushed in the corner while 4 of his teammates are open is just that, or the coaches son waiting to get scouted.

Comment

Sincerely,

I have never use that word. No, honestly! Have always called it "Fuzzal".

Comment

That is exactly why U.S. never produced any world class strikers.

I would say the best soccer is played by players who can see the space and make good use of their teammates and can finish the job, if that's what their position is. A ball hog who continually gets pushed in the corner while 4 of his teammates are open is just that, or the coaches son waiting to get scouted.

Comment

Please let us know what club you are affiliated with. My son and I need to stay far away!

Comment

It doesn't matter. You are wasting your money on club soccer anyway.

Please let us know what club you are affiliated with. My son and I need to stay far away!

Comment

You don't know sports in general. If I am not mistaken most all team sports involve making plays. I see teams working on passing and give and go, overlaps etc. I don't see any teams practicing dribbling into two or three defenders taking a flop and losing the ball. I would suggest those kids try tennis or golf and then they won't have to make passes and plays except with themselves. It's called the beautiful game for a reason and i would venture to say selfishness isn't it.

Comment

What you described is being stupid, it is not being selfish. There is a huge difference.

Go to youtube and checkout the best goals by Messi and Maradona. Both goals involved dribbling past 6 defenders. You would think they would get benched by the coach afterwards, huh?

I remember there was an interview with ibrahimovic, one of the best strikers now. He said when he was young. All the coaches were so mad at him not passing the ball. He never gave them a f***. And he still doesn't. You would think he should not be rewarded, right?
                                He is now one of the highest paid soccer players in the world.

You don't know sports in general. If I am not mistaken most all team sports involve making plays. I see teams working on passing and give and go, overlaps etc. I don't see any teams practicing dribbling into two or three defenders taking a flop and losing the ball. I would suggest those kids try tennis or golf and then they won't have to make passes and plays except with themselves. It's called the beautiful game for a reason and i would venture to say selfishness isn't it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X