Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The above list shows 100 more wins than losses. What are the other leagues that must have 100 more losses than wins?

Foxboro rested most of their starters yesterday.
    Bc 1-1 weymouth

Comment

Bc 1-1 weymouth
      I just read it was 0-0 on the BCH twitter page. Either way it's a tie.

Comment

The above list shows 100 more wins than losses. What are the other leagues that must have 100 more losses than wins?

Foxboro rested most of their starters yesterday.
        Other leagues are listed on Boston.com in their standings. Maybe there are other sites. The ones shown were those deemed most prominent, so small-school leagues are mostly omitted.

Comment

And in the tournament Foxboro plays in, many pick them to win it.

Bay State Conference tourney teams still undefeated in non-league play, 11-0-8. The streak may end with Weymouth vs BC today, but that's still pretty good.

Other leagues (using boston.com, so some results missing, but it gives an idea):
          Atlantic Coast 9-7-3
          Big Three 26-7-3
          Cape Ann 4-4-0
          Catholic Conference 20-4-4
          Dual County 18-1-1
          Greater Boston 27-4-2
          Hockomock 8-1-3
          Merrimack 1-4-2
          Middlesex 22-9-5
          Northeastern 6-2-0
          Old Colony 12-8-2
          Patriot 9-5-3
          Tri-Valley 0-2-0
          So BSC playoff teams went the whole season undefeated in non-league play. Yeah, 9 ties, but still that's a notable achievement. What will break the streak?

Comment

So BSC playoff teams went the whole season undefeated in non-league play. Yeah, 9 ties, but still that's a notable achievement. What will break the streak?
            BC High will crush Weymouth.

Comment

BC High will crush Weymouth.
              Crush Weymouth? Really they just played a pretty even 0-0 tie a few days ago. If I'm BC high Id be a little worried that Weymouth is riding high in confidence after beating marshfield, braintree, and then tying BC there past 3 games.

Comment

Crush Weymouth? Really they just played a pretty even 0-0 tie a few days ago. If I'm BC high Id be a little worried that Weymouth is riding high in confidence after beating marshfield, braintree, and then tying BC there past 3 games.
                Braintree and Marshfield? Thats the real power of the south I guess.

Comment

First round playoff results?

Comment

First round playoff results?
                    Wellesley 1, Natick 0 in a pretty even game with Needham's team watching from the sideline. Goal came on a set piece from the corner, Wellesley getting a foot on it first. Natick had a couple chances in the first half snuffed out by Wellesley's keeper, who was man of the match.

Comment

Another year and another middling BSL squad makes the sectional finals. I just want to revisit the discussion regarding these middling BSL teams performances in the tournament. There was a whole lot of data suggesting that they had a 50/50 chance of winning at least a game in the tournament. However, I don't think this was put in the proper perspective. Often times they are playing top seeds because their records are so average. For example, this year Weymouth and Braintree played the 3 and 4 seeds in the first round. I don't think there is another league in the state that could have their bottom 2-3 teams that qualify for the tournament go .500 against the top seeds in the tournament. But that's essentially whats happened over the years.

And congrats to Brookline and Needham for representing the league well.

Comment

Another year and another middling BSL squad makes the sectional finals. I just want to revisit the discussion regarding these middling BSL teams performances in the tournament. There was a whole lot of data suggesting that they had a 50/50 chance of winning at least a game in the tournament. However, I don't think this was put in the proper perspective. Often times they are playing top seeds because their records are so average. For example, this year Weymouth and Braintree played the 3 and 4 seeds in the first round. I don't think there is another league in the state that could have their bottom 2-3 teams that qualify for the tournament go .500 against the top seeds in the tournament. But that's essentially whats happened over the years.

And congrats to Brookline and Needham for representing the league well.
                        Couldn't agree more. Great post

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X