• Show
Clear All

KU 1-0 over Holderness
    Great game by both teams.
    Well played all around the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hey PHD (Pink Hat dad)

careful, don't get snarkey with the trailer comment or this thread will dissolve into jabs and counter jabs, and nothing to do with soccer.
      get back to classy and ignore those that bait you.
      Good advice. Sorry I lost my head. My kids always played better for the positive coaches than for the a-holes, so I will try harder to stay positive and ignore the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Hat Dad View Post
        Tabor 7
        Wheeler 1

My compliments to the Wheeler girls. They played hard, played clean, showed class, and didn't give up, even down 6-0. Their goal was a thing of beauty. Some very good play in the midfield and the back, the breaks just didn't go their way today.
        One should just shut their mouths and leave a beat down alone. There is nothing positive to say about either side when you have a mismatch like this one. Your comments here come across as more than a little condescending.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Hat Dad View Post
          Tabor 7
          Wheeler 1

My compliments to the Wheeler girls. They played hard, played clean, showed class, and didn't give up, even down 6-0. Their goal was a thing of beauty. Some very good play in the midfield and the back, the breaks just didn't go their way today.
          OK, I'm all for politeness and generosity in estimations of others but let's not go so overboard as to be actively obscuring the truth. Breaks didn't go their way? 7-1? With the sole goal scored late in the game when, let me guess, Tabor was playing 9v11 with no starters in there...

7-1 is an old fashioned *** whooping and there is very little good to say about such a game other than its ending without injury. No need to be cruel but Wheeler is obviously a team that's barely treading water and shouldn't be playing opponents like Tabor. There's such a thing as a light touch but there's also such a thing as sugar coated condescension.

Comment

OK, I'm all for politeness and generosity in estimations of others but let's not go so overboard as to be actively obscuring the truth. Breaks didn't go their way? 7-1? With the sole goal scored late in the game when, let me guess, Tabor was playing 9v11 with no starters in there...

7-1 is an old fashioned *** whooping and there is very little good to say about such a game other than its ending without injury. No need to be cruel but Wheeler is obviously a team that's barely treading water and shouldn't be playing opponents like Tabor. There's such a thing as a light touch but there's also such a thing as sugar coated condescension.
            Tabor seems to have put a lot of these games on their schedule. That is one of the advantages of not being in a league, you can load up your schedule with a bunch of weak teams and use the sure victories to puff up your standing. The fact is a little less than half of Tabors schedule is filled with teams with losing records. Several look like they might go winless this year. The rest of their schedule is against teams that are well down in the pack in their respective races. Hard to give them much respect at this point. It also says something about the character you are dealing with when one starts talking trash and calling out other teams after beating up what are basically perennial patsies.

Comment

From the Winsor website:

"College Placements 2009-2013
              In the last five years, Winsor graduates have most often entered the following colleges and universities:

Harvard College – 31
              tie Boston College – 13
              Yale University – 13
              Massachusetts Institute of Technology – 12
              University of Pennsylvania – 11
              tie Wesleyan University – 10
              Georgetown University – 10
              The George Washington University – 10
              tie Vanderbilt University – 9
              Stanford University – 9
              tie Columbia University – 8
              Brown University – 8
              Dartmouth College – 8
              New York University– 7
              Williams College – 7
              Northwestern University – 6
              Princeton University– 6
              University of Southern California – 6
              Johns Hopkins University – 6
              Washington University in St. Louis– 6

5 each to: Swarthmore College, Wellesley College, Duke University, Carleton College

4 each to: Colgate University, Cornell University, Amherst College, Bates College, Tulane University

3 each to: Oberlin College, University of Chicago, Barnard College, Carnegie Mellon University, Boston University, Bowdoin College, Trinity College, Davidson College, Spelman College "

IIRC, there are usually about 58 girls in each graduating class, so about half the class goes Ivy or similar (MIT, Stanford, Williams)

All great schools. Interesting that the NESCACS are not all that well represented on the list. Only roughly 10% of their graduates chose a NESCAC school. Considering all the trash talking that crowd of parents does, it is rather refreshing to see a real world example that shows their true significance to the at large student population.

Comment

Tabor seems to have put a lot of these games on their schedule. That is one of the advantages of not being in a league, you can load up your schedule with a bunch of weak teams and use the sure victories to puff up your standing. The fact is a little less than half of Tabors schedule is filled with teams with losing records. Several look like they might go winless this year. The rest of their schedule is against teams that are well down in the pack in their respective races. Hard to give them much respect at this point. It also says something about the character you are dealing with when one starts talking trash and calling out other teams after beating up what are basically perennial patsies.
                Not so fast. Tabor's schedule is not as bad as you are portraying it. they have already played Brooks , Andover, Milton, and WM. Andover and Wm are a bit down this year but that is not Tabor's fault. Wheeler had some very good teams as recently as as two years ago. Worcester is also on their schedule as is Exeter which coincidently is having a down year.

Comment

There you go, PHD. Welcome to the world of TS soccer. And you had the nerve to suggest your daughter's team might have a good run this year! Oh my, my. Your first mistake was posting in the ISL thread where any suggestion that your kid's team might have a successful season is interpreted by the ISL elitists as a threat to their kids. Now that you've had your comeupance, hopefully you, or anyone unwise enough to suggest in the future your kid's schools are competitive with the ISLs, will think twice before posting. The ISLs are more than willing to make sure you know your proper place in this world.

Regards, the WA Troll

Comment

All great schools. Interesting that the NESCACS are not all that well represented on the list. Only roughly 10% of their graduates chose a NESCAC school. Considering all the trash talking that crowd of parents does, it is rather refreshing to see a real world example that shows their true significance to the at large student population.
                    I think the actual number is 12.75%.

Although the top tier NESCACs schools are highly regarded, perhaps the Winsor girls think less of the bottom tier. Or perhaps they do not fancy spending 4 years in the lovely cities of Hartford, Waterville, or Lewiston.

Comment

I think the actual number is 12.75%.

Although the top tier NESCACs schools are highly regarded, perhaps the Winsor girls think less of the bottom tier. Or perhaps they do not fancy spending 4 years in the lovely cities of Hartford, Waterville, or Lewiston.
                      Winsor is a very competitive school. They should be proud of their graduates.

Comment

VERY impressive results. Think the poster was saying though that if you follow this forum you would think that after the Ivy League the NESCAC's are the only college choice out there and this list put them back into a healthy perspective. A good choice for some kids, but not the be all end all that they are often portrayed.

Comment

If it is so good why is not in the ISL?

Comment

There you go, PHD. Welcome to the world of TS soccer. And you had the nerve to suggest your daughter's team might have a good run this year! Oh my, my. Your first mistake was posting in the ISL thread where any suggestion that your kid's team might have a successful season is interpreted by the ISL elitists as a threat to their kids. Now that you've had your comeupance, hopefully you, or anyone unwise enough to suggest in the future your kid's schools are competitive with the ISLs, will think twice before posting. The ISLs are more than willing to make sure you know your proper place in this world.

Regards, the WA Troll
                            What a monumental chip you have on your shoulder. So the only appropriate response is to clap politely while some jerk like you spits in your face? Let's be real. You and PHD have your own agenda. We all get you don't like the schools our kids go to. That is OK. I wouldn't send my kids to either of your kid's schools. The truth is Tabor is starting to look more and more like a paper tiger than an actual contender. Beating up on the sisters of the poor doesn't earn much respect regardless of how many excuses the other Tabor parents want to throw out. The great thing about sports is they have an opportunity to prove themselves on the field. If they do win the class B title, their fans can crow all they want but until then don't expect anyone to just bow down for them.

Comment

What a monumental chip you have on your shoulder. So the only appropriate response is to clap politely while some jerk like you spits in your face? Let's be real. You and PHD have your own agenda. We all get you don't like the schools our kids go to. That is OK. I wouldn't send my kids to either of your kid's schools. The truth is Tabor is starting to look more and more like a paper tiger than an actual contender. Beating up on the sisters of the poor doesn't earn much respect regardless of how many excuses the other Tabor parents want to throw out. The great thing about sports is they have an opportunity to prove themselves on the field. If they do win the class B title, their fans can crow all they want but until then don't expect anyone to just bow down for them.
                              See, now he's reduced to popping off in girls prep school threads. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Like I said, not a bit of impact any longer.

Comment

If it is so good why is not in the ISL?
                                If a top tier school were in the ISL the question would be "why are they in the ISL?"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X