Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hear a lot on the sidelines of teams heading to the NEP, any news or any insider information as to who is trying/leaving Maple
    Our kid was asked to play on an NEP team that just got accepted into NEP Region 1. The team also plays in Maple1...not doing too good in Maple...maybe will end in 5th place. Will they be able to survive in NEP...is this league much harder than Maple?

Comment

Our kid was asked to play on an NEP team that just got accepted into NEP Region 1. The team also plays in Maple1...not doing too good in Maple...maybe will end in 5th place. Will they be able to survive in NEP...is this league much harder than Maple?
      This is why I don't stand next to you on the sidelines. Get some balance and perspective.

Comment

Don't get the CSU reference but I am a scorpions parent and I was there for that incident. It was very very bad and ugly. PT was still with crusaders and the altercation was with a former employee who left and went to scorpions. My son was on that scorpions team.

I am sorry PT apologists but that was the worst display I have seen on a soccer field!!

If you weren't there than you have no idea how ugly it got.
        I was actually there, know all parties involved, have a son who played on both teams at one point in time for the game where this happened and this really was nothing. Totally a mountain out of a dust mite, nothing noticeable unless you were looking and even then nothing you would get sent to the principal's office for. Everyone else has moved on, now your turn.

Comment

I was actually there, know all parties involved, have a son who played on both teams at one point in time for the game where this happened and this really was nothing. Totally a mountain out of a dust mite, nothing noticeable unless you were looking and even then nothing you would get sent to the principal's office for. Everyone else has moved on, now your turn.
          Nothing you wouldn't get sent for, damn tablet keyboard

Comment

This is why I don't stand next to you on the sidelines. Get some balance and perspective.
            What???? I have never seen a NEP game...I don't follow the league or the teams...just looking for alittle info. Jeez...not everyone knows all the ins and outs of premier soccer. My kid has only played in Maple.

Comment

a number of folks on here reply and are basically clueless when it comes to this stuff - I spoke to NEP - they are letting teams in if you meet the requirements: all coaches need a minimum of D licenses and they coaches must clean of yellow/reds cards for a whole season. So if your club is not getting in, it's your club not NEP - as to who is looking to get in - anyone looking for competition that is in Maple - NEP is good up to U12 - once U13 rolls around and you have ECNL and NPL, NEP is just a tiny step above Maple - in both, your playing the leftovers...B players at best...

Comment

a number of folks on here reply and are basically clueless when it comes to this stuff - I spoke to NEP - they are letting teams in if you meet the requirements: all coaches need a minimum of D licenses and they coaches must clean of yellow/reds cards for a whole season. So if your club is not getting in, it's your club not NEP - as to who is looking to get in - anyone looking for competition that is in Maple - NEP is good up to U12 - once U13 rolls around and you have ECNL and NPL, NEP is just a tiny step above Maple - in both, your playing the leftovers...B players at best...
                most kids don't really care if they play ecnl, npl or nep in which the competition is good at all levels. Why don't we just start a national ultra elite league and fly worldwide each weekend. It's the parents who are disillusioned by this so called separation of levels. All of these leagues are worthwhile but not defining anything more than who is willing to drive the furthest and spend the most. Feel free to actually conversate with some of these nut jobs who can't tell you the difference between MLS, EPL, LaLiga or the Champions league but know everything about club soccer. IMHO there are a very few kids that have the talent of a true elite status so don't suck the fun out of the sport & be sure your kid is really enjoying the sport.

Comment

There's NEP and there's Region I and they're different, so it's hard to answer your question without knowing where they'll play.

Comment

There's NEP and there's Region I and they're different, so it's hard to answer your question without knowing where they'll play.
                    Right, there is no nep region 1. I doubt they got in to region 1 unless the team won regionals, and no boys teams won regions this summer.

Comment

Right, there is no nep region 1. I doubt they got in to region 1 unless the team won regionals, and no boys teams won regions this summer.
                      Sounds like you mean NERP ...

Comment

most kids don't really care if they play ecnl, npl or nep in which the competition is good at all levels. Why don't we just start a national ultra elite league and fly worldwide each weekend. It's the parents who are disillusioned by this so called separation of levels. All of these leagues are worthwhile but not defining anything more than who is willing to drive the furthest and spend the most. Feel free to actually conversate with some of these nut jobs who can't tell you the difference between MLS, EPL, LaLiga or the Champions league but know everything about club soccer. IMHO there are a very few kids that have the talent of a true elite status so don't suck the fun out of the sport & be sure your kid is really enjoying the sport.
                        That is 100% correct!

Comment

What???? I have never seen a NEP game...I don't follow the league or the teams...just looking for alittle info. Jeez...not everyone knows all the ins and outs of premier soccer. My kid has only played in Maple.
                          The trolls are getting more transparent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X