Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide to the NESCACs (or I gotta fever for more NESCAC)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice thing about Midd and other NESCACs is they have healthy endowments, so a high percentage of their student population is not paying full tuition--in fact, far from it. Since you're talking about Midd at the moment, this is info from the school's website: "Middlebury will provide grant aid to 48 percent of the incoming freshman class. For the Class of 2018, the average grant was $41,046."
    So 52% do not get grant aid and pay full freight. This is about the same breakdown of those who pay taxes in this country and those that do not.

Either need to be poor(ish) or rich. Those in the middle are insane if they pay full freight for a LA degree.

Comment

Btdt, stfu.

Comment

So 52% do not get grant aid and pay full freight. This is about the same breakdown of those who pay taxes in this country and those that do not.

Either need to be poor(ish) or rich. Those in the middle are insane if they pay full freight for a LA degree.
        The glass is always half empty in BTNT's world.

Comment

He's a better question English Lit at Middlebury or Biology at UMass Amherst? Middlebury $61K. UMass $27K. Option to play soccer at both. UMass comes with a $7K athletic scholarship and an Adams Scholarship.
          And the Midd vs UMass example made a lot more sense than Duke vs Ole Miss??? The ratio of double admits to Midd vs UMass, regardless of affordability, has got to be 20 to 1 in Midd's favor.

Comment

Is sort of amusing when you are playing the game with other people's money isn't it?

Comment

Is sort of amusing when you are playing the game with other people's money isn't it?
              Of course you mean BOTH financial aid AND athletic aid.

Comment

I have been listening to the NESCAC hype for 10 years. I assumed it was a dominant conference. People claimed it was on par with certain D1 programs, that it was a premier soccer conference, that it was the best D3 soccer in the country. This thread is a perfect example of the hype. I know many kids that play I the NESCAC so I do have a passing interest. I was very surprised when I looked into the actual results.

The NESCAC PR is outstanding. The results are pretty pedestrian.

What is in it for me? I can't stand when people make emphatic claims that are fictional.

Why is it so important for you to blindly support the faux supremacy of the NESCAC? Does it make you feel better about your kids soccer ability?
                Looks like NESCAC has exactly one team for the men and one for the women in the most recent top 25. So much for NESCAC dominance.

Comment

Looks like NESCAC has exactly one team for the men and one for the women in the most recent top 25. So much for NESCAC dominance.
                  This depends on the ranking you look at. The one in which humans are polled has few. Another, which may use a computer, has a lot of NESCACs up there.

Comment

Federal income tax, that is.

About 43% don't pay any federal income tax, and that includes thousands of people making more than $200,000 a year.

Most people can't avoid paying payroll taxes; federal excise taxes; and state and local income, sales, and property taxes.

Comment

Congrats to Tufts on today's win!

Comment

Congrats to Tufts on today's win!
                        I will take the bait. What did Tufts win today?

Comment

I will take the bait. What did Tufts win today?
                          They beat #1 ranked Messiah to advance to the Final Four!

Comment

They beat #1 ranked Messiah to advance to the Final Four!
                            Congratulations to both Tufts Men and Williams Women soccer teams as they both advance to D3 Final Four!

Comment

So with two teams (Tufts for men, Williams for women) in the NCAA Final Four for the second straight year, I guess we can't dismiss the idea of NESCAC as a dominant league--once again. Rumors of the NESCAC's demise has been greatly exaggerrated!

Comment

So with two teams (Tufts for men, Williams for women) in the NCAA Final Four for the second straight year, I guess we can't dismiss the idea of NESCAC as a dominant league--once again. Rumors of the NESCAC's demise has been greatly exaggerrated!
                                Yup. Sorry, NESCAC baskets.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X