Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is North Shore United Merging? Leaving Maple?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid has played in Maple, NEP and NPL leagues.

Assessment of the Leagues in terms of most competitive games in rank order:

1. Maple: Each game was a war. But each year, less teams in the league.
    2. NEP: Most games are competitive, but too many lousy MPS teams
    3. NPL: Complete Joke. 2 good teams, rest are the same or worse than any team you could find in Massachusetts.

Sorry, it's a fact. I bought into the NPL thing at first, thinking more exposure, better competition, better opportunities to be "seen". The more I saw the games and the money I was spending traveling to CT, NY, NJ and PA every other weekend, the more I realized I had been duped. I felt like I bought a lemon at a used car dealership. Sorry, nobody is watching. Complete and utter scam. Kid back in the NEP and couldn't be happier. More time for friends, more time for family, games are just as good. If kid is good enough can be seen at top level tournaments.
    Recognize this. Give you all a little background info. This guys kid was once a U12 phenom. Aint no more. Lot of reasons for that, mainly the kid. Spends all his time criticizing every single coach (and player) his kids play for/with from high school on down to middle school. If you listen to him not one of them know a thing about soccer even though this guy never saw a soccer ball until he was in his 50's. He thinks there is a mythical level of soccer where everyone is a perfect player and that they are just dying to pass his kid the ball. What he is really saying is that if the competition and players were better his kid would be better. Get the picture, when his kid struggles it is everybody else's fault? His kid failed to develop so now everything is just a complete and utter scam.

Comment

Recognize this. Give you all a little background info. This guys kid was once a U12 phenom. Aint no more. Lot of reasons for that, mainly the kid. Spends all his time criticizing every single coach (and player) his kids play for/with from high school on down to middle school. If you listen to him not one of them know a thing about soccer even though this guy never saw a soccer ball until he was in his 50's. He thinks there is a mythical level of soccer where everyone is a perfect player and that they are just dying to pass his kid the ball. What he is really saying is that if the competition and players were better his kid would be better. Get the picture, when his kid struggles it is everybody else's fault? His kid failed to develop so now everything is just a complete and utter scam.
      What club/team did he play on?

Comment

OP here. Nope. Couldn't be more wrong. Kid has gotten better everywhere he played. Top third of team wherever he was. Maple, NPL, NEP, ODP, High School. Doesn't matter. No complaints about the coaching or the development. Of course some coaches were better than others, but in general steady improvement over time, especially as my kid grew into his body. Complaints were with the big SCAM that the league matters. It doesn't. Recognize this. This last post was written by a club official or coach who knows already that this is a big scam and is afraid everyone will figure it out. The multiple leagues only serve one purpose and its for the Clubs to keep the players and parents separate and exclusive so they can hide the fact that there is no difference. With all the different leagues the parents can claim their kid plays on the top team and that their kid is good enough to get a college scholarship, etc. etc. It's all bull. There are kids that will get scholarships, but they are few and far between. Maybe the top 2 players on the very top teams, and that's it.

Comment

Nope, this is a club posting this response. They hate guys like this. the last thing they want is a kid who has experienced multiple leagues. They sell the exclusivity of the league they are in and bash the other leagues so people are afraid to move or else miss out on something. The leagues are also in cahoots at the tournaments. Ever notice the big tournaments separate the ECNL teams in one bracket, the NPL teams in another bracket and the NEP teams in yet another, and so on. That is to perpetuate the scam and keep the teams separated so that people don't realize its all the same level of talent no matter what the league. God forbid an NPL team beats an ECNL team or a ever worse a Maple team beats an ECNL or NPL team!!

Comment

Nope, this is a club posting this response. They hate guys like this. the last thing they want is a kid who has experienced multiple leagues. They sell the exclusivity of the league they are in and bash the other leagues so people are afraid to move or else miss out on something. The leagues are also in cahoots at the tournaments. Ever notice the big tournaments separate the ECNL teams in one bracket, the NPL teams in another bracket and the NEP teams in yet another, and so on. That is to perpetuate the scam and keep the teams separated so that people don't realize its all the same level of talent no matter what the league. God forbid an NPL team beats an ECNL team or a ever worse a Maple team beats an ECNL or NPL team!!
            You are correct every club in America despises this kind of guy because they are the true cancers of youth sports. The truth is they aren't the only ones. The teams hate them as well. My daughter's team had a family like that on it for years. The dad had everyone on the team at each other's throats half the time because he demanded everyone focus on him and his daughter. You couldn't even have a team dinner where he didn't spend 95% of it talking about his daughter and her greatness. It resulted in total team dysfunction. No one was sad to seem them leave. The thing is for all of his talk the guy couldn't even remember the names of the other clubs never mind the good players on their teams and yet he was the type who felt his daughter wasn't playing at a high enough level to reach her goals. He literally sent an email out to the team and told us that.

Comment

My kid has played in Maple, NEP and NPL leagues.

Assessment of the Leagues in terms of most competitive games in rank order:

1. Maple: Each game was a war. But each year, less teams in the league.
              2. NEP: Most games are competitive, but too many lousy MPS teams
              3. NPL: Complete Joke. 2 good teams, rest are the same or worse than any team you could find in Massachusetts.

Sorry, it's a fact. I bought into the NPL thing at first, thinking more exposure, better competition, better opportunities to be "seen". The more I saw the games and the money I was spending traveling to CT, NY, NJ and PA every other weekend, the more I realized I had been duped. I felt like I bought a lemon at a used car dealership. Sorry, nobody is watching. Complete and utter scam. Kid back in the NEP and couldn't be happier. More time for friends, more time for family, games are just as good. If kid is good enough can be seen at top level tournaments.
              I dont know what club your kid plays for, and maybe its different if you have a son but my daughter also played in all 3 leagues and i'd rank them the exact opposite
              1)NPL- very competitive games, high quality passing and footwork, and daughter was recommended and attended several pdp programs and were fabulous experiences
              2) nep- mix of competive and non competive games, teams tried to play the right way but wernt as skilled
              3) maple- kick ball, cheap play, terrible fields. Yes games were sometimes close but it was because both teams lacked significant skill

Comment

heard it's a Seacoast merger or partnership - anyone hearing that? Seacoast parents?

Comment

heard it's a Seacoast merger or partnership - anyone hearing that? Seacoast parents?
                  Seacoast is dying to get into the northshore and SF is desperate. A ticket out of MAPLE and a lifeline for SF but the northshore does not need or want this. The whole concept of Northshore United never panned out and now SF is selling out. Off to Europe again while the club wastes away!

Comment

Think SF is still coaching team in ASL and NSU and Mass United (Lynn) have teams in a couple of adult leagues - youth soccer is not all there is to NSU

Do think departure of NJ might have caused some problems on youth side, as things transitioned....

Just 2 cents

Comment

NSU merger with Seacoast and getting into NEP is not good news for Aztecs

Comment

NSU merger with Seacoast and getting into NEP is not good news for Aztecs
                        Just more mediocrity in NEP if this merger is true.You NEP snobs love to hammer away at Maple, but sure do a good job of adding any Maple team willing to "merge" with mediocre NEP clubs. What a crock.

Comment

Thought Seacoast's partnership with Benfica USA was supposed to be their entry into the north shore?

Comment

Just more mediocrity in NEP if this merger is true.You NEP snobs love to hammer away at Maple, but sure do a good job of adding any Maple team willing to "merge" with mediocre NEP clubs. What a crock.
                            I have 3 words for you:

Dorchester
                            Youth
                            Soccer

Comment

Most club mergers result in more players for the coaches to pick teams from not necessarily more teams. Don't assume that teams will be kept intact and don't assume that they will double up teams at levels.

Comment

Most club mergers result in more players for the coaches to pick teams from not necessarily more teams. Don't assume that teams will be kept intact and don't assume that they will double up teams at levels.
                                Good point - and it still all comes down to good coaching in the end. If this merger happens, it also doesn't necessarily mean that nsu players will have any better access to better coaches....or am I mistaken and did things improve with Benfica after the Seacoast Merger?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X