Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are happy at scp. Why don't we all be happy for any kid playing the game. We drive an older car. Imagine everyone talking about cars the way you all carry on about clubs
    I think the question was where are the SCP seniors playing in college ? Wasn't an indictment on the club or bashing. They spend money on showcases so presumably there's an interest from at least some of the players to play at the next level.

Hope it's a decent older car like a certified pre-owned.

Comment

I agree, I would be interested in seeing where SCP graduates are playing in college. Not looking to bash but it would be interesting to see where they are going. Especially considering this group has largely been at SCP since age 12. Don? You got a list for us?

Comment

That 2001 SCP team has carved out a nice little niche. They play in CJSA and have won a couple of state cups (played their B team in the finals because there is no other teams left) and they compete at some lower level showcase events. They will most likely have 4-5 DIII Players from this group.

Comment

That 2001 SCP team has carved out a nice little niche. They play in CJSA and have won a couple of state cups (played their B team in the finals because there is no other teams left) and they compete at some lower level showcase events. They will most likely have 4-5 DIII Players from this group.
          Great experience for them and great them many of them look to continue to play during college

Comment

Great experience for them and great them many of them look to continue to play during college
            I agree, nice experience for them. Where are these girls going? What insight can you provide? Where are their best players going?

Comment

I agree, nice experience for them. Where are these girls going? What insight can you provide? Where are their best players going?
              SCP will likely post it on their website. It's helpful for parents of younger players to see that there is a path.

There isn't going to be Division 1 recruiting of any level but kids playing at these clubs aren't chasing that anyhow.

Comment

I see they have one player posted on website. GK, going to Post in Waterbury. That’s promising, right?

Comment

SCP has been around for at least 25 years. I hope they have more than one player playing in college. Wasn’t the name Teikyo Post for awhile? Small DII.

Comment

Whomever is answering for the SCP should check themselves before they answer for an entire team. I know of at least one player that has been offered a spot on a Division 1 team.
                    What people don't realize is that behind a computer it seems irrational for players not to be on ECNL, but as many articles have spoken to, not all families can or want to drink the expensive kool-aid designed for rich, white America.

Comment

Whomever is answering for the SCP should check themselves before they answer for an entire team. I know of at least one player that has been offered a spot on a Division 1 team.
                      What people don't realize is that behind a computer it seems irrational for players not to be on ECNL, but as many articles have spoken to, not all families can or want to drink the expensive kool-aid designed for rich, white America.
                      I am very interested in seeing how this group ends up. They have been together since U12 with the same coach. It will be enlightening as to what DD and SCP are capable of. I know a few players on this team and they are decent players. I really don’t see any being able to compete at the DI level. Solid DIII though which is respectable.

Comment

I am not really sure what DD’s background is. Was he a player himself? What did he do before SCP? I know he is the video guy for Quinnipiac Women’s program. Think he hangs around as an unpaid assistant.

Comment

I think the question was where are the SCP seniors playing in college ? Wasn't an indictment on the club or bashing. They spend money on showcases so presumably there's an interest from at least some of the players to play at the next level.

Hope it's a decent older car like a certified pre-owned.
                          Here's a better question.

Why does it even matter to you what colleges these kids decide to attend?

Comment

Who cares?

Why does it matter?

Comment

SCP will likely post it on their website. It's helpful for parents of younger players to see that there is a path.

There isn't going to be Division 1 recruiting of any level but kids playing at these clubs aren't chasing that anyhow.

What path are you talking about here?

Who created the path? Who keeps it going?

Do you understand how this all really works?

Comment

Here's a better question.

Why does it even matter to you what colleges these kids decide to attend?
                                Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X