Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinnipiac U

Great article on Dave Clarke’s 20 years at Quinnipiac. Www.quinnipiacbobcats.com

I know a lot of the players from the CFCU 01/02 teams that learned an awful lot from him.

Comment

If he could only coach games well. QUis nearly over .500 I hid 20 years and have only won the league tourney 1 time. That is poor

Comment

Sounds like a good man but his program is incredibly average. 20 years and the highlight is from his second year? We’re those his players or previous coaches.

Comment

He is a great man. Great father. Great husband. But not great at his job. Mediocre at best and only win with a group on D2 players recruited by the former coach. Good thing he is not the basketball or hockey coach at QU. He would be long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Great article on Dave Clarke’s 20 years at Quinnipiac. Www.quinnipiacbobcats.com
            Thanks Dave, I will read it on the pot this morning

Comment

Quinnipiac is the only fully funded women’s soccer program in the MAAC. How in the world can they not be winning it every year. Or at least more than 1 year.

Comment

And after soccer??

Quinnipiac University has received a new ranking, and it's not necessarily one to brag about.

The private university landed on U.S. News & World Report's list of colleges that leave graduates with the most student loan debt.

Quinnipiac claimed the No. 6 spot, with an average debt load of $44,552 for 2013 graduates and 71 percent of its students borrowing, according to the list.
                https://www.courant.com/education/hc...220-story.html

Comment

Quinnipiac University has received a new ranking, and it's not necessarily one to brag about.

The private university landed on U.S. News & World Report's list of colleges that leave graduates with the most student loan debt.

Quinnipiac claimed the No. 6 spot, with an average debt load of $44,552 for 2013 graduates and 71 percent of its students borrowing, according to the list.
                  https://www.courant.com/education/hc...220-story.html
                  Personally I think it is absurdly expensive for the level of academics it offers. I don't know how good they are with merit$. Some privates are very generous others much less so. But they do give good athletic$. It isn't a campus for everyone - I know a few who left because it was too quiet there, little to do on the weekends.

Comment

Quinnipiac is the only fully funded women’s soccer program in the MAAC. How in the world can they not be winning it every year. Or at least more than 1 year.
                    They are not the only fully funded program. Monmouth and, I believe, Fairfield are also fully funded at 14. Dave and Steve are there for one reason only, to promote CFC. They play up the fact that they are D1 coaches and will get CFC players into QU or into schools with their connections. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but just stating the obvious. However, you would think QU would be looking at his recruiting model. Loading up on Irish and CT kids does not seem to be working very well for them. Why not recruit more of their ECNL opponents???

Comment

They are not the only fully funded program. Monmouth and, I believe, Fairfield are also fully funded at 14. Dave and Steve are there for one reason only, to promote CFC. They play up the fact that they are D1 coaches and will get CFC players into QU or into schools with their connections. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but just stating the obvious. However, you would think QU would be looking at his recruiting model. Loading up on Irish and CT kids does not seem to be working very well for them. Why not recruit more of their ECNL opponents???
                      Of the current juniors and seniors at CFCU, I believe there is one player headed to QU.

They've made a heavy bet on Canada over the past few years so we'll see how that plays out. The school might be generous with them on merit as a means to diversify. QU has traditionally been an extension of high school for Long Island kids.

The MAAC is a great fit for tons of kids in the Northeast. Decent schools, Division 1 and money to be had both athletic and academic. Pulling more kids from Mass, NJ, PA would seem to make sense.

Comment

Monmouth nor Fairfield are FULLY funded. Neither have 14 scholarships, neither have 2 full time asst coaches. Facts are facts

Comment

Monmouth nor Fairfield are FULLY funded. Neither have 14 scholarships, neither have 2 full time asst coaches. Facts are facts
                          Can’t speak about Fairfield but Monmouth is fully funded with 14. Fact.

Comment

Monmouth has 12.5 scholarships and 1 full time asst. So they are not FULLY funded. That is a fact. QU has 14 and 2 full time assts

Comment

Monmouth has 12.5 scholarships and 1 full time asst. So they are not FULLY funded. That is a fact. QU has 14 and 2 full time assts
                              Yeah that 1.5 is a real difference maker.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X