Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Women’s Soccer

Since we have a dedicated thread to a struggling D1 women’s college program, figured we should have one about a successful local program. PC seems to have rebuilt it self into a strong New England D1 program. It’s definitely on my daughters short list of local schools, but it will be interesting to see if SL can keep up the momentum. His recruiting class for next year looks strong, but not sure who he is losing on the back end.

Providence woman’s soccer

We will miss one great defender, the rest we will not miss!hope he recruits another forward.. a faster one than what we currently have.

Comment

Top 30 Women's D1 College Soccer Rankings:
      1 Stanford
      2 Santa Clara
      3 Mississippi St.
      4 Georgetown
      5 North Carolina
      6 Florida St.
      7 Texas A&M
      8 NC State
      9 South Carolina
      10 Texas
      11 Tennessee
      12 Oklahoma St.
      13 Memphis
      14 Oregon
      15 Baylor
      16 Southern California
      17 Kansas
      18 Nebraska
      19 Auburn
      20 Boston College
      21 Princeton
      22 Virginia
      23 West Virginia
      24 Wake Forest
      25 Duke
      26 South Fla.
      27 Washington St.
      28 Providence
      29 TCU
      30 Wisconsin

Comment

Not sure how a ranking of #28 is considered "strong."

UNC, Notre Dame, Stanford...those are strong programs

Comment

Notre Dame is ranked #45, so that is not exactly strong this year. OP was trying to get excited for New England soccer, which I agree is not exactly the equivalent of Stanford, but at least it's something.

There isn't a school in New England that can compete with Stanford's athletics, academics, weather, etc. In fact, I'm not sure any school can - the NCAA Director's cup, which is given to the best D1 athletic program, has been won by Stanford for each of the last 25 years.

That's insane!!!

Comment

Providence woman’s soccer

Nothing to say except good coaching, good team and great girls!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Not sure how a ranking of #28 is considered "strong."

UNC, Notre Dame, Stanford...those are strong programs
              There are 335 D1 womens soccer programs so being in the top 10% is not too shabby..yeah maybe the gap is big between the "elite" programs (often more true in womans side than the mens), but you have BC (at 20) knocking off FSU (at 6)..

It's nice to see RI players making contributions at various D1 programs, both strong and not as strong..and I'm sure more at D2/D3 schools as well..

Comment

Providence Womens Soccer

Says the Bayside FC shill

Comment

Says the Bayside FC shill
                  Who is the Bayside shill? I’m the OP and my kid most definitely does NOT play for Bayside. We live in RI but my daughter plays for one of a MA club’s top teams. Just been following PC for several years and my kid is interested in the program.

Comment

PC woman’s soccer

If she’s interested she should inquire. It’s a top-tier program.

Comment

If she’s interested she should inquire. It’s a top-tier program.
                      She has attended some ID clinics. But it’s early. She has a few years. Still narrowing down her top options.

Comment

PC coach is a tool buyer beware

Comment

Seriously?? Why??

Comment

He is BS artist smoke and mirrors , used car salesman and obviously cant figure out how to win game in Big East . Team look better in ooc play . Since tail end of ooc he changed roster , and how he subs and team has been going down hill

Comment

Talking soccer

SL does like to play favorites whether they are good players or not. He doesn’t sub very often and his starters are very disrespectful to others players.way of running practices also not right. So think twice before u commit to him!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X