Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If NYCFC leaves the GDA, where do they go? Does the whole team disband and the players go back to other local clubs like Manhattan, WC or NYSC? Would World Class be like PDA and field two ECNL teams?
    Time will tell....

Comment

If NYCFC leaves the GDA, where do they go? Does the whole team disband and the players go back to other local clubs like Manhattan, WC or NYSC? Would World Class be like PDA and field two ECNL teams?
      I doubt that WC will get two teams in the ECNL. It would be shame if NYCFC folded/disbanded. Its only two years old give it a shot

Comment

Time will tell....
        Also, since the world is probably going to end soon, I will answer any questions about the NYCFC GDA, just be polite and I will offer honest pines...

-NYCFCDA10

Comment

Good one! I am the famous NYCFC Dad that has been thrashed here, and on BOTN, same guy probably, he hates that my kid is better than his, actually he simply refuses to believe it, even though every time we play NYSC they lose, this toll always jumps on me as gloating. Here is my inside track to this, and I would know as well as anyone, or better.

WCFC as a club, their coaches and families, cannot stand the GDA coaches and families. Strange, but over 50% are former WCFC players, so you would think there would be some commonality, some basic empathy, nope. They hate us, and we hate them, that’s about it, as I will not detail the occurrences of between the two. If NYCFC does disband, or rebrand to WCFC2, pretty sure that neither side wants to merge the players, because none of the families respect the other, even if they do say hello, and way to each other at practices.
          Gimme a break. That is probably two toxic families feeling that way and rest are normal. Every team has a few over involved crazies.

Comment

Gimme a break. That is probably two toxic families feeling that way and rest are normal. Every team has a few over involved crazies.
            Nope. Next.

NYCFCDA10

Comment

Nope. Next.

NYCFCDA10
              Seen It many times. Toxicity relocates and life goes on

Comment

Seen It many times. Toxicity relocates and life goes on
                Normally I would agree, but the environment is fractured, its more of a political battle, both sides are digging in....

-NYCFCDA10

Comment

What a mess this whole thing is. We could easily have a great league in the general area if only ECNL & DA were one entity.

For me, I hope NYCFC sticks around and it would be a pretty bad look on the part of the team and the City Football Group to drop the girls program after 2 years. We consider NYCFC the target for when my daughter reaches the U14 age group. We know it won't be easy but you gotta have a goal.

Comment

Normally I would agree, but the environment is fractured, its more of a political battle, both sides are digging in....

-NYCFCDA10
                    It will work out. This is just business. When you realize that, all is in perspective. The various clubs that are in business next year will hang out their shingles, form teams and play. It is never ever pretty or perfect or about kids and soccer. It is business.

Comment

What a mess this whole thing is. We could easily have a great league in the general area if only ECNL & DA were one entity.

For me, I hope NYCFC sticks around and it would be a pretty bad look on the part of the team and the City Football Group to drop the girls program after 2 years. We consider NYCFC the target for when my daughter reaches the U14 age group. We know it won't be easy but you gotta have a goal.
                      They can have a girls program if they want. Maybe the gda is not the smartest league for them but they will sort it out.

Comment

Put yourself in the shoes of the WC ECNL families, their daughters play in a very competitive league, they fight for their minutes, they have paid their money, and they expect their kid, if rostered, to play in the games, to improve, and hopefully are offered a scholarship of some type. I would say that there are 14-28 ECNL girls who will retain their spots if NYCFC and WC try to merge the best players, out of 72 spots.

Comment

It will work out. This is just business. When you realize that, all is in perspective. The various clubs that are in business next year will hang out their shingles, form teams and play. It is never ever pretty or perfect or about kids and soccer. It is business.
                          I agree, why fracture an 180K Egg?? But its bigger than that, ECNL cannot stand the fact that we train feet away from their teams, how could they?

-NYCFCDA10

Comment

I agree, why fracture an 180K Egg?? But its bigger than that, ECNL cannot stand the fact that we train feet away from their teams, how could they?

-NYCFCDA10
                            Why is the senior team center across the street considered off limits? Could the girls teams not practice there, considering they'd be using the fields in the afternoon/evenings and not really competing with the mens team who train during the day?

Comment

-NYCFCDA10
                              Again. There are not a lot of satisfied cutomers in high end kid soccer. It is way over sold as a product from nycfc on down with the exception of boys funded academy and some we'll run volunteer town clubs where the cost is so low, no one complains.

At the end of the day, the kids want to play, you hold your nose and choose, the kids love it, mostly, the parents complain.

Comment

Why is the senior team center across the street considered off limits? Could the girls teams not practice there, considering they'd be using the fields in the afternoon/evenings and not really competing with the mens team who train during the day?
                                Oh brother. No way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X