Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For sure, if there's spots for them - likely since ECNL would love to keep expanding and sticking it to USSF all at the same time.
    One big advantage GDA has is that most GDA clubs also have BDA. They are in a committed relationship with DA. Hard to leave GDA and stay in great standing with BDA. Some clubs can do it with no backlash, but many cannot afford to lose the boys side or have the possibility to lose it. Truth be told, boys still means more than girls and that’s just the way it is.

Comment

One big advantage GDA has is that most GDA clubs also have BDA. They are in a committed relationship with DA. Hard to leave GDA and stay in great standing with BDA. Some clubs can do it with no backlash, but many cannot afford to lose the boys side or have the possibility to lose it. Truth be told, boys still means more than girls and that’s just the way it is.
      What bda clubs have gda besides nycfc? Not red bulls, not dc, not Boston, not Philly.

Comment

What bda clubs have gda besides nycfc? Not red bulls, not dc, not Boston, not Philly.
        Look past MLS clubs to all the pay to play clubs....NYSC, Oakwood etc. Lots of them. But they did fine prior to GDA and can do fine without it.

Comment

College coaches fully understand GDA is very inconsistent, especially around here. As long as she can give a 30 second confident answer as to why she left and what she's doing now to prepare for college, she'll be fine. What she shows on the field is what matters more to them.
          Thanks for the hypothetical platitudes, but it's not quite that simple. First is having to explain that her team was so awful, they got booted from GDA (awkward). Then comes the fun of having to circle around the fact that by the time she learned her team would no longer be playing in GDA, the ECNL and only other remotely decent GDA teams were wrapping up tryouts and had pretty much set their teams...which of course opens the door to a slew of other equally cringe inducing replies to additional q's.

Funny though, your response sounds A LOT like the schpeal we've been getting from the powers that be at LISC. Throw in a "coaches don't care what league you play in" (complete BS BTW) and you'd literally be word for word.

Comment

What GDA clubs don’t have BDA?

Comment

You're missing big picture though. LISC already lost 2 GDA team slots and are in probationary standing. Calling the U15 team "solid" and "mid-pack" is questionable. They're barely holding onto a 6th place standing out of 8 teams in their conference, not even having played the top team in the group. Are the games more competitive than last year? Absolutely! But is that enough to make up for the U14s who have lost every single game, all but 1 being 5 goals or more? I doubt it. There's also no real feeder program to give them promise of a strong future and LISC doesn't have the luxury of the coach of the reigning NWSL Champions, out there stumping for GDA in every single interview he gives.

Now before you start crying that I'm a Fury parent, one love crap, I'd like you to know that my kid plays for LISC. She is in an older age group and we are ready to jump off the LISC roller coaster. Yes, my kid is still salty that she missed out on HS ball last year while many other LISC players got to play while still playing GDA. She feels awkward having to explain why she played in the GDA last year and is now playing EDP to college coaches and doesn't have an answer for a lot of their questions. The whole experience has been a real mess.
              Gosh you are very bitter. The team you were a part of last year was terrible anyway. This attitude is exactly what the DA side of the club doesn't have anymore. All of the parents in either age group are happy with their families' choices. So your living in the past is pretty sad. Your daughter, if at all any good, should already have her college options. Your constant disparagement because of what happened to you last year is a great sad story. We all know what happened, how it went down, blah blah...funny thing is as bitter as you are and seeing the eventuality of the team - you remained. Yet you want to come on here anonymously and bad mouth a team you aren't on - have no idea about and spend your days checking the DA website for the schedules, scores and standings. Move on. How does posting your disgruntled anonymous whining helping your daughter and her future? How is what of anything youre saying lead to changes at the club on your behalf? Do you want them to publicly apologize to you? Live in the present and pay attention to your options and not those of other families who have all happily moved on. Ill be happy to let the club know you're on your way out. Bye now.

Comment

Gosh you are very bitter. The team you were a part of last year was terrible anyway. This attitude is exactly what the DA side of the club doesn't have anymore. All of the parents in either age group are happy with their families' choices. So your living in the past is pretty sad. Your daughter, if at all any good, should already have her college options. Your constant disparagement because of what happened to you last year is a great sad story. We all know what happened, how it went down, blah blah...funny thing is as bitter as you are and seeing the eventuality of the team - you remained. Yet you want to come on here anonymously and bad mouth a team you aren't on - have no idea about and spend your days checking the DA website for the schedules, scores and standings. Move on. How does posting your disgruntled anonymous whining helping your daughter and her future? How is what of anything youre saying lead to changes at the club on your behalf? Do you want them to publicly apologize to you? Live in the present and pay attention to your options and not those of other families who have all happily moved on. Ill be happy to let the club know you're on your way out. Bye now.
                You should really take a step outside of your hyper sensitive and defensive bubble and re-read my post and your over the top reply.
                -Stating teams records and conference placement is not disparaging, it is stating FACTS. I'm sorry if those facts don't fit into your ideal narrative, but they are indeed factual evidence of where a club rates amongst others in the league.
                -Yes, I check out how the 2 remaining LISC GDA teams are doing. It's no secret that LISC's continuation and/or expansion is heavily reliant on the strength of these 2 teams within the GDA structure. If you have one team that is below average (I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings that 6th is below average in a group of 8) in one age group and another team who is getting blown out by 5 of more goals in just about every game, that does not bode well for a club that is already on probationary standing within the league after being stripped of 2 age groups already.
                -Taking a subtle dig at my kid, claiming if she were "at all any good, should already have her college options" wasn't lost on me. FYI, she's 15 and spent her last year at LISC...so no, not all wrapped up yet. As I mentioned, it's turning out that the experience thus far with coaches has posed a few awkward moments for her, having to make excuses for the club and having to answer questions to which she does not have the answer.
                -Last I checked, this was a forum designed for sharing information and experiences. I am sharing my kid's experience. I didn't say LISC sucks, the kids suck, the GDA teams suck, etc.
                I know advocates for clubs get all worked up over this stuff, but the truth is the truth.

PS-not living in the past, just forewarning folks what hurdles they may come across in their future if they live on a diet of club flavored Kool-aid!

Comment

You're missing big picture though. LISC already lost 2 GDA team slots and are in probationary standing. Calling the U15 team "solid" and "mid-pack" is questionable. They're barely holding onto a 6th place standing out of 8 teams in their conference, not even having played the top team in the group. Are the games more competitive than last year? Absolutely! But is that enough to make up for the U14s who have lost every single game, all but 1 being 5 goals or more? I doubt it. There's also no real feeder program to give them promise of a strong future and LISC doesn't have the luxury of the coach of the reigning NWSL Champions, out there stumping for GDA in every single interview he gives.

Now before you start crying that I'm a Fury parent, one love crap, I'd like you to know that my kid plays for LISC. She is in an older age group and we are ready to jump off the LISC roller coaster. Yes, my kid is still salty that she missed out on HS ball last year while many other LISC players got to play while still playing GDA. She feels awkward having to explain why she played in the GDA last year and is now playing EDP to college coaches and doesn't have an answer for a lot of their questions. The whole experience has been a real mess.
                  You say barely holding on 6th place, I say one win away from 4th. They were 4th a week ago. They got a tie and dropped to 6th. They are 3-3-4, and haven't lost a game by more than one goal, except the first game. The next time they played that team they won by 3. So yes, they are a solid team and getting better every week.

LISC lost those age groups last year because of many factors, but not just because of their record. The 05 is like a pre-academy that's why they don't post their records on the main site. So, they probably won't factor too much into the equation. So like I said, if the 04 continue anywhere like the are doing, they have no problems.

Sorry, it didn't work out for you, but this is a new year. It was unfortunate they couldn't get GB and MF last year. But they are there now...

Comment

^ there's month and months left. Way too early to call anything. Some clubs have HS kids coming back to play. All teams will continue to improve, but some will improve more than others. Keep in mind also that NE competition generally is quite week. Teams will get a true test in December.

Also 05 isn't pre-academy. It's academy. Scores are published, teams just aren't ranked (and some one with too much time on their hands could do it manually). It's a look into what is to come. The team isn't just losing but losing by massive margins and a -56 GD so far. Many of those players will be moving to HS next year - will they want to give up HS and remain on a team doing so poorly? Will parents want to spend that much money and time? They need to improve in a big way to turn it around. Can the club pull that off? They need to show there's a future for players there to keep them on.

The club is far from out of the woods. The one thing in its favor is that USSF won't want to lose any more clubs next spring.

Comment

You say barely holding on 6th place, I say one win away from 4th. They were 4th a week ago. They got a tie and dropped to 6th. They are 3-3-4, and haven't lost a game by more than one goal, except the first game. The next time they played that team they won by 3. So yes, they are a solid team and getting better every week.

LISC lost those age groups last year because of many factors, but not just because of their record. The 05 is like a pre-academy that's why they don't post their records on the main site. So, they probably won't factor too much into the equation. So like I said, if the 04 continue anywhere like the are doing, they have no problems.

Sorry, it didn't work out for you, but this is a new year. It was unfortunate they couldn't get GB and MF last year. But they are there now...
                      Try, just for a minute to look at things objectively. This whole conversation started because there was a question about whether LISC would be at risk of losing GDA entirely. To say the 05 team "won't factor too much into the equation" is ludicrous. If you think that an entire club can hang their GDA badge on the backs of 1 mid-lower level standing team (again, not an attack on your daughter personally) your really not being honest with yourself. Looking towards the future, you'll have a team of mid-lower level 04s entering the mixed age group of 03/04, a very weak team of 05s moving up to U15 and a brand new group of 06s (& probably 07s), with no significant history or success-looking to enter the league. Doesn't sound promising, but hey you never know!
                      I just hope parents and players forge forward with their eyes wide open...

Comment

So if it's too early to be definite about anything, why are you posting all this about the club not being out of the woods and so on? About a club you are supposedly a member of? Doesn't make sense to me. As another poster said, the girls and parents are happy because of the atmosphere and the training. They are making each individual player better. The better team play will come.

Again, the 04 are extremely competitive against any team, even if they don't win the game. The 04 only won I believe, 2 regular season games last year. So the 05's are where the 04's were last year. And GB came into the picture late last year, and MF after the season was over. So when the season ends, I believe that more players will come to check out the training and the team. Remember, like everyone who was blasting the team before the season started pointed out, they had a very late start announcing the training staff and tryouts this season.

The 05 girls scores and standings are not published on the US Soccer main page. You have to go the each teams page and search from there. This is the same way that ECNL lists the pre-ECNL teams.

So when the other poster says "we are good love", it's because we really are.

Comment

So if it's too early to be definite about anything, why are you posting all this about the club not being out of the woods and so on? About a club you are supposedly a member of? Doesn't make sense to me. As another poster said, the girls and parents are happy because of the atmosphere and the training. They are making each individual player better. The better team play will come.

Again, the 04 are extremely competitive against any team, even if they don't win the game. The 04 only won I believe, 2 regular season games last year. So the 05's are where the 04's were last year. And GB came into the picture late last year, and MF after the season was over. So when the season ends, I believe that more players will come to check out the training and the team. Remember, like everyone who was blasting the team before the season started pointed out, they had a very late start announcing the training staff and tryouts this season.

The 05 girls scores and standings are not published on the US Soccer main page. You have to go the each teams page and search from there. This is the same way that ECNL lists the pre-ECNL teams.

You're arguing with multiple people. I am not "Out of the woods" poster, I am the poster with the kid currently at LISC. Let's be honest, the "training" has very little to do with the improvement. Even LISC touted on social media that they "signed top players from Fury". Where are the 05s going to recruit players from?

Comment

If you're so good love, why do you keep posting and attacking people who are discussing the status of the club? Let us discuss and weigh the options for our kids in an open forum. If all you want to read is censored cheerleading for LISC, head over to BOTN where they pay big bucks to weed out anyone who even questions LISC.

Comment

You're arguing with multiple people. I am not "Out of the woods" poster, I am the poster with the kid currently at LISC. Let's be honest, the "training" has very little to do with the improvement. Even LISC touted on social media that they "signed top players from Fury". Where are the 05s going to recruit players from?
                              And they're still looking for more players. No decent DA club should be having tryouts midseason. They should be turning players away.

Maybe they turn it around. Maybe not. Poster above is spot on that LISC families should have options lined up for next year well before tryout season begins. Even if the club keeps the badge it may not be the best option for the players.

Comment

Wow! If you're the kind of person I can expect to meet if my kid wants to check LISC out, forget it. What an *****hole!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X