Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you go to the Rough Riders clinic for a free training and you are anywhere close to decent, be prepared for the “full court press” to join a LISC GDA team. It borders on creepy.
    The above is the same exact post in the FC Fury pricing thread. One troll for them all. In either club, what’s the big deal if they identify someone who might fit in with their da team and they try to sell them. Good for LISC. Good for Fury.

Comment

The above is the same exact post in the FC Fury pricing thread. One troll for them all. In either club, what’s the big deal if they identify someone who might fit in with their da team and they try to sell them. Good for LISC. Good for Fury.
      Not good for the players or their parent's wallets.

Any good players left in the area committed to other teams ages ago, either DA or ECNl. Trying to find players this time of year is something a travel club would be doing, not a club that's in the supposed best league

Comment

Not good for the players or their parent's wallets.

Any good players left in the area committed to other teams ages ago, either DA or ECNl. Trying to find players this time of year is something a travel club would be doing, not a club that's in the supposed best league
        supposed is the key word there. How many "best leagues" is the current count at this point in time? What a mess. pick one and good luck.

Comment

If you go to the Rough Riders clinic for a free training and you are anywhere close to decent, be prepared for the “full court press” to join a LISC GDA team. It borders on creepy.
          So I did post this on Fury thread as a witness to what Fury was doing. Someone copied and pasted and changed my thread and posted it here against LISC. Fairly creative I guess.

Comment

So I did post this on Fury thread as a witness to what Fury was doing. Someone copied and pasted and changed my thread and posted it here against LISC. Fairly creative I guess.
            It's the usual crazy Fury parent troll that can't stand that there was no negativity coming out of this thread. So they come in and post some...…

Really doesn't matter, we are still happy with the way things are.
            You may now continue with the insults...

Comment

It's the usual crazy Fury parent troll that can't stand that there was no negativity coming out of this thread. So they come in and post some...…

Really doesn't matter, we are still happy with the way things are.
              You may now continue with the insults...
              Happy for you, but you better hope LISC keeps DA for your 03/04 group next year, and that the club isn't lying to you....that would be bad business.

Comment

Happy for you, but you better hope LISC keeps DA for your 03/04 group next year, and that the club isn't lying to you....that would be bad business.
                Man, what a stupid comment. EVERY single GDA club could potentially do that.

Comment

Man, what a stupid comment. EVERY single GDA club could potentially do that.
                  No one willingly gives up teams. However USSF can make the decision for you.

Comment

EXACTLY. Better hope the club is telling the truth, their track record isn't very good.

Comment

The USSF would only take away teams if they show no improvement, and it was obvious they don't belong in the GDA. The 04 team is solid, and midpack in their division. They won't have that problem.

Comment

The USSF would only take away teams if they show no improvement, and it was obvious they don't belong in the GDA. The 04 team is solid, and midpack in their division. They won't have that problem.
                        As long as they stay mid pack it will probably be ok, but more so because USSF is desperate not to lose more clubs or teams. At this point you have o be pretty awful to get completely booted.

Comment

As long as they stay mid pack it will probably be ok, but more so because USSF is desperate not to lose more clubs or teams. At this point you have o be pretty awful to get completely booted.
                          How many clubs will leave for ECNL this year? There will be more.

Comment

You're missing big picture though. LISC already lost 2 GDA team slots and are in probationary standing. Calling the U15 team "solid" and "mid-pack" is questionable. They're barely holding onto a 6th place standing out of 8 teams in their conference, not even having played the top team in the group. Are the games more competitive than last year? Absolutely! But is that enough to make up for the U14s who have lost every single game, all but 1 being 5 goals or more? I doubt it. There's also no real feeder program to give them promise of a strong future and LISC doesn't have the luxury of the coach of the reigning NWSL Champions, out there stumping for GDA in every single interview he gives.

Now before you start crying that I'm a Fury parent, one love crap, I'd like you to know that my kid plays for LISC. She is in an older age group and we are ready to jump off the LISC roller coaster. Yes, my kid is still salty that she missed out on HS ball last year while many other LISC players got to play while still playing GDA. She feels awkward having to explain why she played in the GDA last year and is now playing EDP to college coaches and doesn't have an answer for a lot of their questions. The whole experience has been a real mess.

Comment

You're missing big picture though. LISC already lost 2 GDA team slots and are in probationary standing. Calling the U15 team "solid" and "mid-pack" is questionable. They're barely holding onto a 6th place standing out of 8 teams in their conference, not even having played the top team in the group. Are the games more competitive than last year? Absolutely! But is that enough to make up for the U14s who have lost every single game, all but 1 being 5 goals or more? I doubt it. There's also no real feeder program to give them promise of a strong future and LISC doesn't have the luxury of the coach of the reigning NWSL Champions, out there stumping for GDA in every single interview he gives.

Now before you start crying that I'm a Fury parent, one love crap, I'd like you to know that my kid plays for LISC. She is in an older age group and we are ready to jump off the LISC roller coaster. Yes, my kid is still salty that she missed out on HS ball last year while many other LISC players got to play while still playing GDA. She feels awkward having to explain why she played in the GDA last year and is now playing EDP to college coaches and doesn't have an answer for a lot of their questions. The whole experience has been a real mess.
                              College coaches fully understand GDA is very inconsistent, especially around here. As long as she can give a 30 second confident answer as to why she left and what she's doing now to prepare for college, she'll be fine. What she shows on the field is what matters more to them.

Comment

How many clubs will leave for ECNL this year? There will be more.
                                For sure, if there's spots for them - likely since ECNL would love to keep expanding and sticking it to USSF all at the same time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X