Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's call this tha get your anger out thread!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What "better" clubs does this happen at? Every team from every club I've ever seen has a parent admin involved to some extent.
    I would imagine the larger clubs do this. FSA in Connecticut is one.

Comment

parents for many reasons
      clubs that get all hot and heavy recruiting your kid to come to their club (because your kid so good) to play for them and then come the season your kid gets little playing time (with no explanation)
      This happened to my kid in youth soccer AND at the collegiate level (there's always a shinier, newer player being sought after). Luckily she persevered and made it impossible for the coaches not to play her! So on that note...

I hate club hoppers that go from club to club, team to team expecting the sun, moon and the stars and if they don't get their way...off to the next (badmouthing the club and team on their way out)!!! If your kid has been on 4-5 teams in just as many years because they just "weren't happy" with the club/team/coach, the problem may not be the club/team/coach!

Comment

Can’t stand when parents have control over a clubs decisions for the benefit of their own kid. Clubs should have standards and rules. When parents have influence over this is completely hurts the integrity of the club and ruins the trust.
        time to bash smithtown.......i was a parent coach( and by the way with lipps trainers and them covering games i was running half the practices and half the games) and the first time i got involved on call night after tryouts i was blown away at the head parents involvement over the rosters. we had 3 teams in the age group. i was told that the team selection was 100% suppose to be from the group of trainers who observed the tryouts over 2 days. I then sat there with the other parent coaches as the head trainer went over the list . The A team parent coach then started to dictate things to the trainer about this girl and that girl so about 4 girls that should have been A team went B team and some B team girls came up. I later found out these were his kids from intramural and a u10 team he had coached...... I benefited and had a great season in S1 with that group, but several of whom left after the season to go to "academy" teams because the parents were pissed about the selection process the prior year and figured it would be more of the same..

Told this to the board member pasquale.... he stared into space when i talked to him about it. There was never a follow up or inquiry..... they just dont care.... it is a shame..... instead of being a good town team club, the could be great with the talent they have but let slip... his thought process is that they are good enough because they have had some great teams, just leave it alone...... a broken clock is right twice a day too.........

Comment

time to bash smithtown.......i was a parent coach( and by the way with lipps trainers and them covering games i was running half the practices and half the games) and the first time i got involved on call night after tryouts i was blown away at the head parents involvement over the rosters. we had 3 teams in the age group. i was told that the team selection was 100% suppose to be from the group of trainers who observed the tryouts over 2 days. I then sat there with the other parent coaches as the head trainer went over the list . The A team parent coach then started to dictate things to the trainer about this girl and that girl so about 4 girls that should have been A team went B team and some B team girls came up. I later found out these were his kids from intramural and a u10 team he had coached...... I benefited and had a great season in S1 with that group, but several of whom left after the season to go to "academy" teams because the parents were pissed about the selection process the prior year and figured it would be more of the same..

Told this to the board member pasquale.... he stared into space when i talked to him about it. There was never a follow up or inquiry..... they just dont care.... it is a shame..... instead of being a good town team club, the could be great with the talent they have but let slip... his thought process is that they are good enough because they have had some great teams, just leave it alone...... a broken clock is right twice a day too.........

OUCH.... Been holding that in a long time haven't you.......

Comment

What "better" clubs does this happen at? Every team from every club I've ever seen has a parent admin involved to some extent.
            We've been at one that had no parent involvement. It was great. There's always some eager beaver azz kissers of course, but no team "manager" who actually did team business. One person in the club did all the scheduling and then the coaches would send out their own team emails about misc business. Schedule on the website. DA clubs also do not use parents, at least none that I've seen.

Comment

Parents that have a problem with every single aspect of the club, team, coaching, style of play and they constantly complain about on the sideline to the point they are toxic — but they never consider moving on — the opposite of the club hoppers.

Comment

A version of this happened to my kid. Yes it is unfair etc etc but the only answer is to not dwell on it, and instead to have your kid work hard and make it indisputable that they should play. Talent does actually rise to the top. Coaches and clubs want to win. It may take them time to see it, but if the talent is there eventually they will. My child is in high school now, and this attitude, learned the hard way at u12 and u13 has paid off in spades.
                This happened to my daughter as well. We basically told her that she should up to practice every single day and be the hardest working kid with the best attitude. The club she went to saw her talent but now they needed to see her work ethic and enthusiasm. It took a little time, but she earned her playing time and ultimately her starting spot.

Comment

I hate these damn keyboard gangsters" who post all this negative stuff about other kids and clubs but don't have the guts to say anything in person to anyone. If this is you, just shut the
                  hell up!

Comment

I hate these damn keyboard gangsters" who post all this negative stuff about other kids and clubs but don't have the guts to say anything in person to anyone. If this is you, just shut the
                    hell up!
                    Make me

Comment

Make me
                      You just proved the person's point, you're such a loser.

Comment

This thread is not necessary anymore. Football season is here and we can get out our frustrations by screaming at the tv while watching the games.

Comment

I came here for an argument

Comment

I'm sure the guy was joking.

Comment

1- I hate parents who coach from the sidelines

2-I hate coaches/trainers who think there is nothing wrong with hanging out and drinking with the parents

3-I hate the insidious trash talking amongst parents

4-I hate the lack of transparency from DOCs, Trainers/Coaches

5-I hate that soccer can be pay-to-play

6-I hate that there tends to be a lack of diversity in this sport

7-I hate that parents don't care about real development and encourage winning over everything

8-Lastly, I hate that whoever created this thread can't even spell "the" correctly

whew...that's it for now

Comment

1- I hate parents who coach from the sidelines

2-I hate coaches/trainers who think there is nothing wrong with hanging out and drinking with the parents

3-I hate the insidious trash talking amongst parents

4-I hate the lack of transparency from DOCs, Trainers/Coaches

5-I hate that soccer can be pay-to-play

6-I hate that there tends to be a lack of diversity in this sport

7-I hate that parents don't care about real development and encourage winning over everything

8-Lastly, I hate that whoever created this thread can't even spell "the" correctly

whew...that's it for now
                                9-I hate that parents think whoever scored the goal had the best game is the best player

10-I hate it when parents yell offsides on a throw in

Just a couple more to add to your list

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X