Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest Players

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some information on guest players. I was told that at the coaches meeting this year they made it very difficult to guest play for other teams. The question, is who makes the rules on guest playing? is it USA-Soccer or FYSA? and does anyone know where I can get the actual ruling on this? Thank you.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was wondering if anyone here could give me some information on guest players. I was told that at the coaches meeting this year they made it very difficult to guest play for other teams. The question, is who makes the rules on guest playing? is it USA-Soccer or FYSA? and does anyone know where I can get the actual ruling on this? Thank you.
    There is no "rule" on guest-playing. There are rules (under FYSA) against poaching. If you have been contacted by another coach about guest-playing and he didn't clear that with your coach or DOC first, then that coach is in violation of poaching rules for improper contact. If you want to register with a tournament as available to guest-play that should be fine, but you need to talk to your coach as he will have to provide your kid's pass in order for him to play. Bottom line is it is up to your coach and/or club whether they want to allow it. If they say no, I would find another club next year.

Comment

There is no "rule" on guest-playing. There are rules (under FYSA) against poaching. If you have been contacted by another coach about guest-playing and he didn't clear that with your coach or DOC first, then that coach is in violation of poaching rules for improper contact. If you want to register with a tournament as available to guest-play that should be fine, but you need to talk to your coach as he will have to provide your kid's pass in order for him to play. Bottom line is it is up to your coach and/or club whether they want to allow it. If they say no, I would find another club next year.
      pretty spot on. good luck. we've been at clubs where the club allows it, but certain coaches at that same club prohibited it. and we've been at clubs where they all but had to allow it because they didn't provide the tournaments you want to attend if you are pursuing a higher level of soccer. I agree with above poster too in that if your coach and/or club prohibit it, find another club next year.

Comment

The problem with guest playing is if you get hurt then you leave your club team down a player. That is the reason I dont like school soccer when you are playing for a club. To much of a chance to get hurt .

Comment

That wasnt the reason for the question

I am asking so that one of my kids can play for another team in my own club. I would like her to play one game for her regular team, and a second game as a "guest player". According to the USA bylaws this was allowed last year, but the new bylaws have not yet been posted, and according to the coach, there was something mentioned at the Coaches meeting in August that would prevent her from doing so. I was wondering if any coach out there may have heard the same thing. No answer from USA soccer yet.

Thx.

Comment

I am asking so that one of my kids can play for another team in my own club. I would like her to play one game for her regular team, and a second game as a "guest player". According to the USA bylaws this was allowed last year, but the new bylaws have not yet been posted, and according to the coach, there was something mentioned at the Coaches meeting in August that would prevent her from doing so. I was wondering if any coach out there may have heard the same thing. No answer from USA soccer yet.

Thx.
            I am a coach and we have had players "guest play" within our club on a couple of occasions this year. When we are playing games that are not as important we typically bring up players from the "B" team to see how they fit in or if they should be moved up or not. I have not attended any coaches meetings with FYSA or US Club this year but I always ask the DOC before we do it. I know this doesn't answer your question but it is my understanding that it is a lot easier to "guest play" within your own club than another club.

Comment

Thx.
              first, be sure you know the date when any new bylaws might go into effect and whether anything new was passed that might be going into effect. you don't mention whether the regular team is A level, D1 or higher, and the age level, nor what level and age the team is that you want her to guest on. those make a big differenc as to whether it will be allowed, regardless of this year's new rules or last years.

Comment

If you are wanting to guest play up two years or more, regrdless of within club or not, you need permission from FYSA also.

Comment

If you are wanting to guest play up two years or more, regrdless of within club or not, you need permission from FYSA also.
                  They changed this rule at the AGM a few months ago:

All Affiliates,

There was a rule change that was passed at the AGM for playing up.

Players U9 and above may play up two years without approval if it is more than that you must have approval from your Agent of Record/Director of Coaching and the FYSA Director of Coaching. Players U8 and below are only permitted to play up one year.

Please note this applys to Guest play as well

Comment

USA bylaws are posted on their website and say teams can have up to three guest players from within the Team's club. Not sure what other league rules are. Why does USA league care if the Clubs are okay with guest play? Why make it harder for kids to play?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X