Surf, NEFC, Bayside Where are the Coaches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbosa May have better talent at his disposal but his players won’t get any better. AS & JM are proven at making players better. Barbosa’s team only end up worse where as AS & JM teams only get better. #RealTalk

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Barbosa May have better talent at his disposal but his players won’t get any better. AS & JM are proven at making players better. Barbosa’s team only end up worse where as AS & JM teams only get better. #RealTalk
      Give it a rest. Obviously you have not seen much of his 07 & 08 players. They continue to improve and compete against high level competition. Do you really think in this day and age parents would choose to stay with him instead of taking other offers if they were not happy with the development? Dig deep into the bag of soccer balls in your trunk and find some class.

Comment

Give it a rest. Obviously you have not seen much of his 07 & 08 players. They continue to improve and compete against high level competition. Do you really think in this day and age parents would choose to stay with him instead of taking other offers if they were not happy with the development? Dig deep into the bag of soccer balls in your trunk and find some class.
        Totally different poster—I have no beef with PB, but I have seen the 07 and 08 players. My question is, are they really more competitive than Mass club teams or even the best 07 town teams? If not then what do parents see as the development advantage staying here in RI?

Comment

Please explain

Comment

Totally different poster—I have no beef with PB, but I have seen the 07 and 08 players. My question is, are they really more competitive than Mass club teams or even the best 07 town teams? If not then what do parents see as the development advantage staying here in RI?
            To date the 08 team has competed and beat the best of the MA clubs as well as other clubs in the northeast. And yes the 07 team would be better than the best town teams. These facts don’t really matter. Your last question is most relevant. At these age groups, as long as players are getting better, which they are, no reason to move. That changes once you get to high school where unfortunately the top of the rosters may need to think about moving to ECNL / or potentially GAL clubs to match up against the most competitive players. Some may choose those routes while others may not. To me if PB players can make ECNL rosters that is indicative of the quality coaching they have received.

Comment

To date the 08 team has competed and beat the best of the MA clubs as well as other clubs in the northeast. And yes the 07 team would be better than the best town teams. These facts don’t really matter. Your last question is most relevant. At these age groups, as long as players are getting better, which they are, no reason to move. That changes once you get to high school where unfortunately the top of the rosters may need to think about moving to ECNL / or potentially GAL clubs to match up against the most competitive players. Some may choose those routes while others may not. To me if PB players can make ECNL rosters that is indicative of the quality coaching they have received.
              Such a great statement, PB has been part of so much more then the build of the 07s & 08s. Even with the short time on the boys side he helped players go on to play in DA an the group did very well. Both his 07 & 08 player pool are very strong. Multiple players can play at the top level. With that statement said, I’d have to agree if you play for PB your in good hands with no reason to seek anything more. Both groups compete against the top teams in the region. An his training environment is top notch.

If you disagree you are simply not realistic.

Comment

Such a great statement, PB has been part of so much more then the build of the 07s & 08s. Even with the short time on the boys side he helped players go on to play in DA an the group did very well. Both his 07 & 08 player pool are very strong. Multiple players can play at the top level. With that statement said, I’d have to agree if you play for PB your in good hands with no reason to seek anything more. Both groups compete against the top teams in the region. An his training environment is top notch.

If you disagree you are simply not realistic.
                Thanks so much for your input PB

Comment

To date the 08 team has competed and beat the best of the MA clubs as well as other clubs in the northeast. And yes the 07 team would be better than the best town teams.
                  I sometimes wonder about blanket claims like this. Who are the best of the MA club teams that the 08s have beaten? And has the 07 team ever played the best town teams in RI let alone MA?

To me if PB players can make ECNL rosters that is indicative of the quality coaching they have received.
                  To me if the players were already good before they arrived on PB's team then it doesn't really say a lot. Not saying he isn't a good coach but it doesn't prove anything either.

Comment

You are kidding right? PB developed his players they were not the players they are today. He deserves credit.

Comment

You are kidding right? PB developed his players they were not the players they are today. He deserves credit.
                      He deserves credit, but don't you think these players were also developed elsewhere before they worked with him?

Comment

He deserves credit, but don't you think these players were also developed elsewhere before they worked with him?
                        They have a good track record of developing early on. Not the best in New England but the best in RI. Like any club, may pick up some talent. They certainty move some of the players to the final highest level ECNL, DA etc. and others they move to college right from the club.

Now only if the parents would stop screaming and be cool.

Comment

I sometimes wonder about blanket claims like this. Who are the best of the MA club teams that the 08s have beaten? And has the 07 team ever played the best town teams in RI let alone MA?

To me if the players were already good before they arrived on PB's team then it doesn't really say a lot. Not saying he isn't a good coach but it doesn't prove anything either.
                          Not sure about Bayside developing players. They are great recruiters.

Every time a town teams gets close to beating one of their team they begin to recruit their players, coaches and many times bring in the whole team.

We came over as a team. Baysidefc just provided a better league to play than Superliga ( NEP). Problem is that they don't have ECNL and girls we know have left for better teams and coaching.
                          Baysidefc is a great stepping ladder for higher play. If Surf ever gets ECNL game over in RI.

Comment

Not sure about Bayside developing players. They are great recruiters.

Every time a town teams gets close to beating one of their team they begin to recruit their players, coaches and many times bring in the whole team.

We came over as a team. Baysidefc just provided a better league to play than Superliga ( NEP). Problem is that they don't have ECNL and girls we know have left for better teams and coaching.
                            Baysidefc is a great stepping ladder for higher play. If Surf ever gets ECNL game over in RI.
                            Surf ECNL 😂🤣😂🤣

Comment

If you really wonder go to GotSoccer and look at game history.

As for the second point the statement is so ridiculous to begin with and the reality is that very few top club players even play town soccer after U12 so that should tell you all that you need to know.

Already good at U10 when many players arrive? Are you saying a player can already be "good" at that age?

Comment

Already good at U10 when many players arrive? Are you saying a player can already be "good" at that age?
                                I have no idea how many of the girls who went to ECNL played for PB since U10. Do you know?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X