Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, three of the EDP clubs announced are basically GPS and NEFC teams from last year, so that's NEP premiership-level. As far as the CT teams, the CT board sounds pretty enthusiastic about EDP, the first thing I saw saying "Several strong CT clubs going all in on this new league." Plus this new conference will be part of the nationwide USYS conference system, while NEP is a shrinking regional league.

So sure, there are uncertainties with EDP, but there's a lot of potential upside. The only way to know for sure will be to go through the fall season and make reassess in November.
    Is EDP part of the Club Champions League? I was told this league was in RI but I have not heard of them. Just hearing of EDP. Does this league travel out of state or is it in state play?

Comment

Is EDP part of the Club Champions League? I was told this league was in RI but I have not heard of them. Just hearing of EDP. Does this league travel out of state or is it in state play?
      Yes, these are the same. Our son played last year and fit in well. You do travel, but it is not bad. We went to Franklin, Plainville, and Newton MA. We also took a trip to CT to play a team called rush.

Comment

Yes, these are the same. Our son played last year and fit in well. You do travel, but it is not bad. We went to Franklin, Plainville, and Newton MA. We also took a trip to CT to play a team called rush.
        No, they are not the same. You may be thinking of NSL. Northeast Soccer League was absorbed by CCL this past spring, but obviously no games were played. They have a mix of small clubs (like Rams FC) and town teams that are branded like clubs.

EDP is just moving into the area this fall. So far, they've announced some bigger club teams (Surf in RI and NE, which used to be GPS and NEFC teams, as well as Rush NE, another former GPS team), but they've also announced a couple of clubs that seem like they may not be at the same competitive level. There's talk of there being tiers, but EDP isn't exactly communicating any of this, so who knows?

Regardless, CCL might be more consistent competition, at their level. In EDP, the competitive level will be higher, as far as some teams go, but consistency could be all over the place, at least at the beginning. Both will require travel into CT and MA.

Comment

We were on a zoom call last night with our coach. He said we would play ccl and edp. He said they both offer a good level of competition for where are skill leve is. So i guess there joined or affiliated. You do travel as the other poster said. Hope this helps.

Comment

We were on a zoom call last night with our coach. He said we would play ccl and edp. He said they both offer a good level of competition for where are skill leve is. So i guess there joined or affiliated. You do travel as the other poster said. Hope this helps.
            Ah, well if it was a call with the whole club, then he could have meant some teams will be placed in CCL and some will be in EDP. At the younger ages and/or lower tiers, you may not travel quite as far. But once you hit U12 and are at a relatively decent competitive level, you'll be looking at up to two hours (maybe more) into MA or CT for away games, depending on where you're coming from in RI. There's just not enough geographic concentration of talent in RI to enable you to both stay close and play good competition.

Comment

No, they are not the same. You may be thinking of NSL. Northeast Soccer League was absorbed by CCL this past spring, but obviously no games were played. They have a mix of small clubs (like Rams FC) and town teams that are branded like clubs.

EDP is just moving into the area this fall. So far, they've announced some bigger club teams (Surf in RI and NE, which used to be GPS and NEFC teams, as well as Rush NE, another former GPS team), but they've also announced a couple of clubs that seem like they may not be at the same competitive level. There's talk of there being tiers, but EDP isn't exactly communicating any of this, so who knows?

Regardless, CCL might be more consistent competition, at their level. In EDP, the competitive level will be higher, as far as some teams go, but consistency could be all over the place, at least at the beginning. Both will require travel into CT and MA.
              To confuse things a little more, there is EDP New England States League and EDP Conference. The first has been in CT and MA for a year or two and is a lower tier league, probably comparable to CCL/NSL. EDP New England Conference is new this fall and is the top tier of the national USYS conference system. Or it's supposed to be, at least.

Comment

To confuse things a little more, there is EDP New England States League and EDP Conference. The first has been in CT and MA for a year or two and is a lower tier league, probably comparable to CCL/NSL. EDP New England Conference is new this fall and is the top tier of the national USYS conference system. Or it's supposed to be, at least.
                I only know of mach 1 moving over to EDP. Not sure if its announced yet. Have not heard of the Surf. They might be South RI and part of the URI Rams club. They may even play on the nice new field.

Comment

I only know of mach 1 moving over to EDP. Not sure if its announced yet. Have not heard of the Surf. They might be South RI and part of the URI Rams club. They may even play on the nice new field.
                  If only Surf got to play on Rams' practice field. Possibly the best thing about that club. (Don't mean that in a bad way, I like the teams, families, and coaches there... before Challenger at least.)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X