Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Results? LOL The Bayside teams have always been placed in NPL A against top competition. Most of these SURF coaches have not even seen that level. More importantly, neither have their players, which is a shame because some of them would do very well. Now that they are going to play weak competition in CT for a year, the suckers who follow these greedy, selfish coaches are hurting their kids development!
    The Bayside teams were placed in NPL A because they were a founding member of NEP, not because the team(s) were the best. I will go back to the 04 NEFC SE Elite team, a regional NEFC team, beat Bayside 04 NPL girls any number of times. That was a B group team because NEFC already had one team in the NPL A, their NPL team out of Mendon. There was promo/relegation for NPL B, but not for A, even though Bayside was at the bottom of the NPL A group for that age. Why? Again, founding member of NEP, had nothing to do with quality of team.

Comment

You "keep going back to 04......". Sounds like it was a nice group. One team does not make a club. Top to bottom Bayside was a deeper club. If you want to isolate individual teams, take a look at Bayside 08 boys and girls teams. The girls teams won spring 19 final four in the top bracket (beating NEFC and Stars top groups) and lost in finals on penalties in fall 19 again in the top bracket. The boys side plays as an attractive brand of soccer as you will ever see at that age group.

Comment

The Bayside teams were placed in NPL A because they were a founding member of NEP, not because the team(s) were the best. I will go back to the 04 NEFC SE Elite team, a regional NEFC team, beat Bayside 04 NPL girls any number of times. That was a B group team because NEFC already had one team in the NPL A, their NPL team out of Mendon. There was promo/relegation for NPL B, but not for A, even though Bayside was at the bottom of the NPL A group for that age. Why? Again, founding member of NEP, had nothing to do with quality of team.
        NEFC had some good groups and the top players benefited because the SE coaches encouraged them to go play for even higher level NEFC teams to get exposure for college ... errr wait ... I guess they didn't do that. Instead SC and company badmouthed Central and Bayside and anywhere else that their best players might go to get challenged further!

Those coaches that blew up NEFC SE are a disgrace and have always been out to feed their own egos! Or should I say YOU coaches, since I am probably responding to one!

Comment

NEFC had some good groups and the top players benefited because the SE coaches encouraged them to go play for even higher level NEFC teams to get exposure for college ... errr wait ... I guess they didn't do that. Instead SC and company badmouthed Central and Bayside and anywhere else that their best players might go to get challenged further!

Those coaches that blew up NEFC SE are a disgrace and have always been out to feed their own egos! Or should I say YOU coaches, since I am probably responding to one!
          Very well said and very true. I hope for the parents and especially the kids that it’s not a waste of money and a year of development but unfortunately I think it’s going to be. I think we will see a mass exodus next year.

Comment

Very well said and very true. I hope for the parents and especially the kids that it’s not a waste of money and a year of development but unfortunately I think it’s going to be. I think we will see a mass exodus next year.
            Nice reply to yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X