Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not funny, it’s incredibly sad that Carlos and Christian told those kids they were special players, and they just aren’t
    Old news bro, slamming NYSC is like slamming Trump, after a while it’s pretty hopeless

Comment

Not funny, it’s incredibly sad that Carlos and Christian told those kids they were special players, and they just aren’t
      Don't forget Anthony.

Comment

at nysc being told your special only happens after they complete a credit check.

Comment

Florida Showcase

at nysc being told your special only happens after they complete a credit check.
          The cost of flying down to Florida- $350.00
          The cost of hotel for the week - $750.00
          The cost of car rental for the week- $300.00
          Mom or Dad taking the week off- $ *****

The U-15's playing 3 teams with a combined record of 1 win & 22 losses- PRICELESS

Comment

The cost of flying down to Florida- $350.00
            The cost of hotel for the week - $750.00
            The cost of car rental for the week- $300.00
            Mom or Dad taking the week off- $ *****

The U-15's playing 3 teams with a combined record of 1 win & 22 losses- PRICELESS
            No one is putting a gun to your head. You have choices.

Comment

No one is putting a gun to your head. You have choices.
              it is a joke, pay to play to the nth degree. Let's pay thousand of dollars to play the bottom of the league standings. It is a lose -lose scenario. On the bright side, they should win a couple of games.

Comment

and when that glorious day comes, the day he/she says yes to a great d1 school, and a chance to leave college with little or no student debt, rejoice and enjoy....because 6 months later he/she might say, Dad, I just don't want it, its not what I want to do for the next 4 years, sorry but no more....then you will know that pain....endlessly scouring your memories for when the moment switched, good luck....

NYSC Alum.

Comment

Ok. They grow up and leave things from childhood behind for new pursuits. Sounds normal to me. The opposite would be more concerning....if they never grew and developed other interests

Comment

Ok. They grow up and leave things from childhood behind for new pursuits. Sounds normal to me. The opposite would be more concerning....if they never grew and developed other interests
                    Sure, its fine if you're rich, alas I am not, this has killed me, personally and financially...

Comment

Sure, its fine if you're rich, alas I am not, this has killed me, personally and financially...
                      If your kids college education is on her that is what it is. But let her know early and if she does not want to try to use soccer for that education, make a better plan. Sounds like that was your plan and not her desired path forward.

Comment

And then families won't waste so much time and money on fancy soccer if the player wants other employment in college.

Comment

If your kids college education is on her that is what it is. But let her know early and if she does not want to try to use soccer for that education, make a better plan. Sounds like that was your plan and not her desired path forward.
                          WhAAAAAA!! Of course its my plan, I am the parent you dip, the plan was for soccer to pay for college, he/she changed their mind after the fact, you are not helping me cope....

Comment

WhAAAAAA!! Of course its my plan, I am the parent you dip, the plan was for soccer to pay for college, he/she changed their mind after the fact, you are not helping me cope....
                            P.S. we alllll live vicariously to an extent, the level varies, but we are all guilty of it....

Comment

while we can appreciate your plight, this is why families shouldn't be so dependent on athletics to pay for college. Sh*t can and does happen. First you have to win the scholarship - a task with low odds to begin with - then you have to keep it. We made it very clear to our kids when they started HS that we can pay X for each of them and the rest is up to them via scholarships (athletic and academic), work and loans. It helped them plan accordingly.

Question to you though - is that he/she is burned out on soccer in general, or is it the program and/or school combined with a touch of burnout?

Comment

Nysc

while we can appreciate your plight, this is why families shouldn't be so dependent on athletics to pay for college. Sh*t can and does happen. First you have to win the scholarship - a task with low odds to begin with - then you have to keep it. We made it very clear to our kids when they started HS that we can pay X for each of them and the rest is up to them via scholarships (athletic and academic), work and loans. It helped them plan accordingly.

Question to you though - is that he/she is burned out on soccer in general, or is it the program and/or school combined with a touch of burnout?
                                so a few years ago i'm sitting in a susa parents meeting for my kid...the trainer said "about 80% of all soccer scholarships go to foreign students" I turned and looked at my typical white bred teenager and i'm like ***!!!!!!! thankfully he is an honor roll student (because he did not get it from me).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X