Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They really miss Mace. AC needs to go find another unicorn hiding in high school games. A defender that can plow through defense and shoot.
    UCLA has plenty of talent. To suggest a school with all they have needs a Mace type to win games is asinine. Sometimes the ball does not bounce your way.

Comment

Today

Two things

Game of the season USC hosts Stanford

Whole slate of Ivy kickoff games.

Comment

Two things

Game of the season USC hosts Stanford

Whole slate of Ivy kickoff games.
        Game of the season ? No

Comment

Game of the season ? No
          It is so far, but will have to prove it. If it isn’t, what was?

FSU/UCLA comes to mind, but the Noles wilted in the second half.

There will be better games ahead.

Comment

The game I would like to see is Stanford UVA

Comment

Game of the season is different things to different people. College soccer is partisan and frankly these games are relatively irrelevant to the better teams. Nothing meaningful is on the line.

Hard for me to call any game now "game of the season" when nothing is at stake but short term bragging rights.

Seems that the PAC-12 has a very large following in Mass for some reason.

Comment

Game of the season is different things to different people. College soccer is partisan and frankly these games are relatively irrelevant to the better teams. Nothing meaningful is on the line.

Hard for me to call any game now "game of the season" when nothing is at stake but short term bragging rights.

Seems that the PAC-12 has a very large following in Mass for some reason.
                Don’t forget. PAC12 has no tournament. This game will affect NCAA seeding. Last season, USC lost to UCLA in the last seconds then got paired with FSU in the tournament. Probably FSU’s toughest game, played in the qtrs

Comment

The game I would like to see is Stanford UVA
                  no one rates UVA. The narrative on every game is - this one should really tell us is they are for real. From WVU, PSU, Georgetown even Virginia Tech. Now its the same narrative for the Duke game tomorrow as they face their 5th ranked team this year. Its strange to look at RPI and see Virginia Tech in 4th given the schedule they have played to date.

If UVA lose, the told you sos will emerge. If they win, it will be lets wait till they play FSU. I believe no matter the result, having watched them, they are a top 5 team and will be right there at the end if they get some luck

Comment

no one rates UVA. The narrative on every game is - this one should really tell us is they are for real. From WVU, PSU, Georgetown even Virginia Tech. Now its the same narrative for the Duke game tomorrow as they face their 5th ranked team this year. Its strange to look at RPI and see Virginia Tech in 4th given the schedule they have played to date.

If UVA lose, the told you sos will emerge. If they win, it will be lets wait till they play FSU. I believe no matter the result, having watched them, they are a top 5 team and will be right there at the end if they get some luck
                    You can see by my comment that the Cavs now have me convinced. They have always had style, but wilt against the best teams. I am a style junkie. I think UVA, Stanford, and perhaps UCLA are my style favorites right now.

Comment

You can see by my comment that the Cavs now have me convinced. They have always had style, but wilt against the best teams. I am a style junkie. I think UVA, Stanford, and perhaps UCLA are my style favorites right now.
                      Wilt? perhaps. my observation is the coach has the players continue to play his way no matter what. In most close College games ive watched, there are mistakes. When you continue to build form the back and try to use full backs to overlap as they do you will give up transition opportunities. Look at FSU last year. That game turns on the GK making a critical mistake trying to play out of the back.

When games get close, most coaches resort to a no risk mentality. Send it longer, win the second ball and play from there. UVA dont do that and in reality it has cost them a few times.

They win with a lot of players that are not as physically gifted as some other programs. I respect them because they stay true to their passing style.

I guess my point is I dont think they wilt, I think the rules (subs) do not favor the way they play.

Comment

Wilt? perhaps. my observation is the coach has the players continue to play his way no matter what. In most close College games ive watched, there are mistakes. When you continue to build form the back and try to use full backs to overlap as they do you will give up transition opportunities. Look at FSU last year. That game turns on the GK making a critical mistake trying to play out of the back.

When games get close, most coaches resort to a no risk mentality. Send it longer, win the second ball and play from there. UVA dont do that and in reality it has cost them a few times.

They win with a lot of players that are not as physically gifted as some other programs. I respect them because they stay true to their passing style.

I guess my point is I dont think they wilt, I think the rules (subs) do not favor the way they play.
                        What happened to UVA’s prolific offense in the biggest game they ever played with the best team they ever had? Remember, part of wilting is the intense semi final game played just days before in this bloated tournament.

You know what game I’m talking about.

Comment

What happened to UVA’s prolific offense in the biggest game they ever played with the best team they ever had? Remember, part of wilting is the intense semi final game played just days before in this bloated tournament.

You know what game I’m talking about.
                          Actually the qtr game against UCLA was the most intense. Box for the final UVA, 7 shots, none on goal.

Comment

Ivy

First game wrapping up

Columbia 2 Cornell 0

Seconds left.

Sorry Big Red. Looking pretty doormaty.

Comment

First game wrapping up

Columbia 2 Cornell 0

Seconds left.

Sorry Big Red. Looking pretty doormaty.
                              Now final 2-0.

Harvard and Penn should be starting now.

Comment

Harvard Penn

Now final 2-0.

Harvard and Penn should be starting now.
                                Midway through first half. No score.
                                Harvard looking strong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X