Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Basically it opens up the potential for a herget shared title between Weymouth and Needham.

More importantly it opens the possibility of Weymouth or someone else catching Needham in the D1 South standings. Newton north is firing on all cylinders right now and Brookline is fighting for their tournament life. Tough road for Needham but I expect them to likely get 3 points.

Weymouth has the most to play for, they can secure the 2 seed if they win out. Have a chance at the league title with help. Also have the chance to knock both Braintree and BC high out of the tournament this year with wins in their last two games which I expect them to get two wins.

Braintree has fallen as low as a team can. There will be no effort needed from Weymouth.
    BC High might give a challenge, however, the game will be essentially meaningless to Weymouth.
    Although they will make the tournament and be seeded high, the forfeit to Framingham, may have lost the league title if Needham can't win or tie both games next week. Certainly hope the yellow cards were worth it. Newton North will be a challenge, and Brookline has shown that they can hold off offenses to get a tie.

Comment

Braintree has fallen as low as a team can. There will be no effort needed from Weymouth.
      BC High might give a challenge, however, the game will be essentially meaningless to Weymouth.
      Although they will make the tournament and be seeded high, the forfeit to Framingham, may have lost the league title if Needham can't win or tie both games next week. Certainly hope the yellow cards were worth it. Newton North will be a challenge, and Brookline has shown that they can hold off offenses to get a tie.
      I do not think that Weymouth can win the Herget title outright.

Needham has 9 wins and 1 tie in BSC play
      Weymouth has 8 wins and 1 tie in BSC play

They both have one league game left.

If Needham loses to NN then Weymouth will be co-champs, assuming they win over Braintree.

Any other combination of results means Needham wins it outright.

The Brookline Needham game is irrelevant as it is an extra game that does not count for league standings.

And this is for Herget only - there is no concept of an overall BSC league champ, right?

Comment

HS soccer is so poor. Who cares?

Comment

You care. Otherwise you wouldn't be on this thread.

Comment

D1 South

Updated seedings in D1 South after today’s results

Today’s D1 South Results

Taunton 1-1 Durfee
            Braintree 4-1 Quincy
            Medway 2-1 BC High
            Natick 2-0 Framingham
            Newton South 3-0 Newton North
            Medford 3-0 Silver Lake
            Barnstable vs Martha Vineyard?

Barnstable 3-3 Falmouth from the other day

1. Needham 12-3-2 26/34 .764
            @ Newton North, @ Brookline

2. Weymouth 11-3-2 24/32 .750
            @ Braintree, @ BC High

3. Brockton 13-5-0 26/36 .722
            No games left

4. Xaverian 10-3-4 24/34 .705
            @ B-R

5. New Bedford 9-3-4 22/32 .687
            Nauset, Attleboro

6. Silver Lake 11-5-0 22/32 .687
            Quincy

7. Natick 7-2-6 20/30 .666
            Wellesley

8. King Phillip 8-3-5 21/32 .656
            OA, Bishop Feehan

9. Hingham 9-4-4 22/34 .647
            W-H, Nantucket

10. Barnstable 8-4-4 20/32 .625
            MV, BR

11. Franklin 8-5-4 20/34 .588
            Attleboro

12. Wellesley 7-5-4 18/32 .562
            Natick, Everett

13. BC High 6-8-3 15/34 .441 (2nd place in league)
            Weymouth

Outside looking in.

Marshfield 7-8-2 16/34 .470
            Duxbury

Braintree 7-8-2 16/34 .470
            Weymouth, Newton North, Canton

Durfee 5-6-5 15/32 .468
            Diman, Old Rochester

Comment

Is Braintree healthy ? Seems like their hype may have been over the top
              Yes Braintree is healthy and lost 7-0 to Needham on Thursday and 5-1 to Wellesley on Tuesday. Yes they beat the mighty Quincy yesterday 4-1. Don’t expect them to get 4 points out of their last 3 games.

Comment

Yes Braintree is healthy and lost 7-0 to Needham on Thursday and 5-1 to Wellesley on Tuesday. Yes they beat the mighty Quincy yesterday 4-1. Don’t expect them to get 4 points out of their last 3 games.
                Which Braintree is going to show up against Weymouth?

Comment

No kidding on Braintree. They easily beat Brookline twice. Outplayed and beat Natick. Played Weymouth dead even and Lost on a fluke goal. But then they tie Milton and get killed by Needham and Wellesley. They rely on depth and heavy pressure and when they lost depth to injuries they seem to struggle. If healthy they may run the table this week.

Comment

No kidding on Braintree. They easily beat Brookline twice. Outplayed and beat Natick. Played Weymouth dead even and Lost on a fluke goal. But then they tie Milton and get killed by Needham and Wellesley. They rely on depth and heavy pressure and when they lost depth to injuries they seem to struggle. If healthy they may run the table this week.
                    1. They tied Natick 0-0 who dominated the game
                    2. They lost 1-0 to Weymouth who dominated the game
                    3. They beat Brookline twice and 3/4 goals they scored were off long throws

Braintree wins this year
                    Brookline
                    Brookline
                    Milton
                    Quincy
                    Quincy
                    Bridgewater Raynham
                    Walpole

Which win is impressive?

Losses
                    Framingham 4-0
                    Needham 3-1
                    Needham 7-0
                    Weymouth 1-0
                    Walpole 1-0
                    Xaverian 4-1
                    Wellesley 5-0
                    Bridgewater Raynham 1-0

Can we please stop with the Braintree conversation. They will lose time Weymouth and newton north and miss the playoffs.

Comment

What is there seem to be such a difference of opinion on Braintree and Natick from all this posters?

Comment

What is there seem to be such a difference of opinion on Braintree and Natick from all this posters?
                        Braintree sucks
                        Natick is good and well organized with a really good keeper.

Comment

I saw Braintree play Quincy. Braintree stinks. They'd be lucky to get a draw vs Weymouth. I think they'll have to beat Newton North to get in. I think that's unlikely but not impossible. They should be able to handle Canton who sucks on another level much like Quincy.

I would say Braintree has one really good player in #6 and #10 has some talent but that's about it. Their defense is atrocious.

Comment

1. They tied Natick 0-0 who dominated the game
                            2. They lost 1-0 to Weymouth who dominated the game
                            3. They beat Brookline twice and 3/4 goals they scored were off long throws

Braintree wins this year
                            Brookline
                            Brookline
                            Milton
                            Quincy
                            Quincy
                            Bridgewater Raynham
                            Walpole

Which win is impressive?

Losses
                            Framingham 4-0
                            Needham 3-1
                            Needham 7-0
                            Weymouth 1-0
                            Walpole 1-0
                            Xaverian 4-1
                            Wellesley 5-0
                            Bridgewater Raynham 1-0

Can we please stop with the Braintree conversation. They will lose time Weymouth and newton north and miss the playoffs.
                            Seems like some one has some free time. Just want to point out that 4 of the 8 defeats are to teams ranked in the top 10 by the globe. Needham framingham and Weymouth have only 5 losses combined. Is Braintree an elite team no are they the worst team no are they better than last years team yes.

Comment

Seems like some one has some free time. Just want to point out that 4 of the 8 defeats are to teams ranked in the top 10 by the globe. Needham framingham and Weymouth have only 5 losses combined. Is Braintree an elite team no are they the worst team no are they better than last years team yes.
                              Having now seen them play, I'll say that Braintree having the record they do speaks to a larger issue inside the BSL. I have been a big proponent of the strength of this conference. I think it's been head and shoulders above the rest for at least the last 30 years. But this current Braintree team would typically have 2-4 wins not challenging for a tourney spot. I just don't think the conference is as strong as it has been in years past.

Comment

Having now seen them play, I'll say that Braintree having the record they do speaks to a larger issue inside the BSL. I have been a big proponent of the strength of this conference. I think it's been head and shoulders above the rest for at least the last 30 years. But this current Braintree team would typically have 2-4 wins not challenging for a tourney spot. I just don't think the conference is as strong as it has been in years past.
                                Needham 0
                                Newton North 0

this game could have gone either way, but Newton North was dominating the midfield until their center midfielder went out with an injury.
                                if this is Needham, then they won't be going to far in the tourney and will certainly lose to Weymouth if it comes to that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X