Clear All

If you believe in USSF...

You're an idiot!

Russia, Mexico and now Canada!

DA Ball Suckers...Idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      DA Ball Suckers...Idiots!
      Hate in the DA all you want, but the DA is not the problem. Is a perfect youth development system? Of course it is not, but the failure of our players comes at the older ages.

Ages 17-21 is when our players really start to fall behind domestically. The ones that go to Europe have a chance to continue to develop, but the number of those players is too few....obviously.

MLS sucks. USL sucks. College soccer sucks. This is why our full team sucks.

Comment

Hate in the DA all you want, but the DA is not the problem. Is a perfect youth development system? Of course it is not, but the failure of our players comes at the older ages.

Ages 17-21 is when our players really start to fall behind domestically. The ones that go to Europe have a chance to continue to develop, but the number of those players is too few....obviously.

^^^Bingo

Comment

DA is a major problem. It’s at start with the youth. Very simple to understand. System failure!

Comment

Totally agree, but it is what it is. Very few US parents will let their kids walk away from school to go pro at 16. College will always be a focus for some players. MLS isn't ManU. Taht won't change any time soon. So how do we improve it given that we aren't the rest of the world, given that the best we have for now is MLS clubs, a broken soccer federation, crappy scouting, development and coaching?

First thing I would do is get US Soccer out of the youth soccer business. Focus on finding the talent (player and coaching) and giving them every opportunity to succeed. A fully funded ODP-like program would be a place to start. Take the coaching out of the clubs (who will stress wins over development) and state soccer leagues (some of whom are just as bad as US Soccer). Make it accessible to the best talent no matter their family finances. Make it bigger = more accessible to more players.

Comment

DA is a major problem. It’s at start with the youth. Very simple to understand. System failure!
              If this was the case then our youth national teams would be abject failures like our full team.

They are not. The youth national teams are very competitive. Not the best in the world, but certainly better and more competitive than the full side.

Comment

Hmm. its the system meaning from the bottom up, its starts from the bottom and the output you have is the S*(&(&* we see on TV. Unless you have not seen it lately those games. Against CUBA, amazing team, thats the most they can achieve, when the better countries come they dont know what to do.

The federation does not care they are making money of their program named DA, and all you buying into it year after year. Think about how much money they put for the youth which is the future. At one point before DA they all were in their clubs and according to them its the correct platform to follow yet, since they are DA or MLS DA, this is the output, so really is it worth being DA or MLS DA. Not really. Go back to soccer 20 years ago USA when you actually played soccer and played with heart. Not now and the future.

The whole USA PROGRAM does not know what to develop and how they develop from the bottom up. SAD!

Comment

Fake News

You're an idiot!

Russia, Mexico and now Canada!
                  Fake News - Russia is led by a good, strong leader that looks good shirtless on a horse.

Mexico is stealing jobs and sending criminals our way.

Canada is led by a hypocritical sissy who believes when he does blackface it’s ok because of his remorse but no so for others.

It’s all fake news. USSF knows what they are doing. Maybe there are family members of USSF leadership sitting on the Board of countries in Russia? ...

Ok - to be clear, this post is satire.

Comment

If this was the case then our youth national teams would be abject failures like our full team.

They are not. The youth national teams are very competitive. Not the best in the world, but certainly better and more competitive than the full side.
                    Here's the problem - starting at about 16-17 they start to slip. Why? Because similar aged players abroad sign pro contracts around then and are training with full on professional teams. Ours languish in DA and many go on to play college ball, which is HS ball on steroids. The gap only grows with each passing year and it's nearly impossible to catch up. Parental reluctance (understandable) and inability to work abroad until you're 18 compound it. Regardless, even with changes right now we aren't producing international level talent.

Comment

Hmm. its the system meaning from the bottom up, its starts from the bottom and the output you have is the S*(&(&* we see on TV. Unless you have not seen it lately those games. Against CUBA, amazing team, thats the most they can achieve, when the better countries come they dont know what to do.

The federation does not care they are making money of their program named DA, and all you buying into it year after year. Think about how much money they put for the youth which is the future. At one point before DA they all were in their clubs and according to them its the correct platform to follow yet, since they are DA or MLS DA, this is the output, so really is it worth being DA or MLS DA. Not really. Go back to soccer 20 years ago USA when you actually played soccer and played with heart. Not now and the future.

The whole USA PROGRAM does not know what to develop and how they develop from the bottom up. SAD!
                      It starts with the youngest players. Ours are taught mostly by well meaning parent volunteers, some of whom never even played the game. Abroad there's more former professional and higher skilled players and coaches per 1000 which means they'll start learning properly from the start. They also play a ton more in free play, not highly structured like our programs are. Soccer is part of the culture so more kids grow up going to local games, watching matches on TV. Ours do not.

Much of this can't be changed by US soccer. They alone can't build a soccer culture.
                      But certainly the coaching can, as can talent identification and development.

Comment

It starts with the youngest players. Ours are taught mostly by well meaning parent volunteers, some of whom never even played the game. Abroad there's more former professional and higher skilled players and coaches per 1000 which means they'll start learning properly from the start. They also play a ton more in free play, not highly structured like our programs are. Soccer is part of the culture so more kids grow up going to local games, watching matches on TV. Ours do not.

Much of this can't be changed by US soccer. They alone can't build a soccer culture.
                        But certainly the coaching can, as can talent identification and development.
                        I don't blame DA 100% other than i think talent ID needs to really improve. I blame a culture that sees only big and fast and this is a part, but only a small part, of player development and ID. I see a lack of imagination in terms of WHO a player can be vs. who a player is today.

And last I think the drop off from DA to non-DA is enormous. It should not be like that. Kids that need time to grow and develop their game at maybe a lower level should be afforded quality coaching and quality matches. As it stands right now, it's DA with all its faults or rec level travel ping-pong. DA may be robotic, but at least the ball is on the ground. watching non-DA is an eyesore.

Comment

I don't blame DA 100% other than i think talent ID needs to really improve. I blame a culture that sees only big and fast and this is a part, but only a small part, of player development and ID. I see a lack of imagination in terms of WHO a player can be vs. who a player is today.

And last I think the drop off from DA to non-DA is enormous. It should not be like that. Kids that need time to grow and develop their game at maybe a lower level should be afforded quality coaching and quality matches. As it stands right now, it's DA with all its faults or rec level travel ping-pong. DA may be robotic, but at least the ball is on the ground. watching non-DA is an eyesore.
                          The eyesore is the ussf implementing a bogus league to feed the national team. Lets keep it positive and rebuild! We are moving in the right direction. I refuse to support USSF and the millions they make. I'm a true soccer patriot and the only way is to abandon this federation. Hell their employees are quitting!

Do we need another 10 years?

CLEAN HOUSE!

Comment

The eyesore is the ussf implementing a bogus league to feed the national team. Lets keep it positive and rebuild! We are moving in the right direction. I refuse to support USSF and the millions they make. I'm a true soccer patriot and the only way is to abandon this federation. Hell their employees are quitting!

Do we need another 10 years?

CLEAN HOUSE!
                            Right, but until the kids have a viable alternative, I don't agree in eliminating DA. You show me a better league and fine. But as of this moment (fall 2019) on the boy's side, there's nothing close to DA. DA in FL is not great. But non-DA is Florida is playing ping pong on a baseball outfield with parents coaching from the sidelines and having spasms every time someone passes the ball back.

Comment

Right, but until the kids have a viable alternative, I don't agree in eliminating DA. You show me a better league and fine. But as of this moment (fall 2019) on the boy's side, there's nothing close to DA. DA in FL is not great. But non-DA is Florida is playing ping pong on a baseball outfield with parents coaching from the sidelines and having spasms every time someone passes the ball back.
                              Dont need the DA league just play your local leagues like State Cup, etc. and have an ID for top players to be pooled and without DA still have opportunity to be seen as many dont do DA because of money and hate to say it but those players are the ones that this country need, they have everything to fight for and play for. We cater to the rich and little players that dont know what hussle is and fighting day to day like other countries. Why we are soft.

Clean house in the federation and give back the leagues to the state to be controlled and limit the number of tournaments a state can approved to be host. Maybe 3-4 thats it. Now in days its ridiculous.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X