X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok Soccer Karen. What’s next? Call 911?
    Has anyone been to FK Taunton lately? It’s been packed with teams practicing and scrimmaging for weeks. It’s my understanding that no one has gotten sick.

If you’re concerned about your health and well-being, don’t go. Better yet, drop your kid at the side gate and come back in an hour. The fewer people there, the better.
    You are totally missing the point. Call me Karen or Nancy or whatever you want, really does not bother me.
    It’s not about the risk of a kid getting Covid. I know that’s well below 1%.
    It’s about the State shutting soccer down because clubs decided to ignore the rules. And they will shut us down if we give them a reason... like holding a tournament.

Comment

You are totally missing the point. Call me Karen or Nancy or whatever you want, really does not bother me.
      It’s about the State shutting soccer down because clubs decided to ignore the rules. And they will shut us down if we give them a reason... like holding a tournament.
      The stars already got approved from the state on this modified stars cup.

Comment

Let’s be real here... Stars is planning for the (modified) tournament, hoping that it will be allowed under whatever regulations are in place at the time. I think it’s likely that they changed the format based on some type of guidance from the state on what would potentially be allowed. Here’s an idea—if you’re concerned, email the tournament contact and ask questions directly. It’s not as dramatic as crying that the sky is falling on TS, but it would probably be way more effective in getting answers.

Comment

Let’s be real here... Stars is planning for the (modified) tournament, hoping that it will be allowed under whatever regulations are in place at the time. I think it’s likely that they changed the format based on some type of guidance from the state on what would potentially be allowed. Here’s an idea—if you’re concerned, email the tournament contact and ask questions directly. It’s not as dramatic as crying that the sky is falling on TS, but it would probably be way more effective in getting answers.
          Personally, I think they intend to run this event ONLY if we are in Phase 4 and using the modified format not to skirt the rules but to behave responsibly. In other words this isn’t some trick at all. If we aren’t in Phase 4 I bet they don’t run this event at all even with the modified format. I’ve seen nothing from this club to make me think they’ll push the rules on this and jeopardize soccer or their standing with the authorities.

Comment

The stars already got approved from the state on this modified stars cup.
            Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Hey dumb dumb. You know it’s not a tournament any more. Just organized scrimmages which are allowed. No finals so it’s not a tournament.
              Are Stars making money or just covering expenses?

Comment

They will hold the tournament in the format they have put out, only if we are in Phase 4. We are currently in Phase III Step 1. Before Phase 4 there still needs to be Phase III Step 2... so what are the chances of Phase 4 happening by labor day? ZERO

Comment

They will hold the tournament in the format they have put out, only if we are in Phase 4. We are currently in Phase III Step 1. Before Phase 4 there still needs to be Phase III Step 2... so what are the chances of Phase 4 happening by labor day? ZERO
                  Phase III Step 3 already achieved. Must have the highest unemployment rate in the country.
                  On our way, ahead of schedule.

Comment

Each team to play only 1 game per day with 20 minutes between games on the same field. Will never have tournament size gatherings. It does suck to have to drive to Lancaster 3 days in a row, from RI no less..hopefully.
                    Teams from RI are likely not going to be playing in MA anytime soon with the mandatory 14 quarantine period effective August 7.

Comment

Teams from RI are likely not going to be playing in MA anytime soon with the mandatory 14 quarantine period effective August 7.
                      There are teams in RI?

Comment

I was told by someone who spoke with a local board of health in Massachusetts that if the stay is for the day, meaning less than 24 hours, no quarantine is necessary. Have not been able to certify this information with the state.

Comment

I was told by someone who spoke with a local board of health in Massachusetts that if the stay is for the day, meaning less than 24 hours, no quarantine is necessary. Have not been able to certify this information with the state.
                          That exemption only applies for work or school, not for personal or leisure reasons.

Per Mass.gov

Persons Commuting for Work or School: People who regularly commute, at least weekly, outside of Massachusetts to a fixed place to attend school or work or any person who regularly commutes, at least weekly into Massachusetts to a fixed place to attend school or work; provided that in either case, this exception applies only to and from the person’s residence and place of work or school. Workers or students who travel to any place that is not their home state for personal or leisure reasons cannot rely on this exemption.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order

Comment

OK, the OP is being a bit of a jerk, but the truth is that regardless of FC Stars effort's to disguise the event as NOT a tournament, they are still trying to put together a tournament as defined by law:

Quote:
                            "A “Tournament” is defined by the Commonwealth as a formal contest that consists of multiple games between multiple persons or teams, that might include multiple stages, played in a condensed period of time, such as over the course of a single day or multiple days in a row."

Key words: "OR multiple days in a row".

So a team playing a game on Friday, then coming back to play another game on Saturday and another on Sunday... that's a tournament!

And it is very clear that Phase III Step 1 does NOT allow Tournaments.

Again, quote "No tournaments may be held during the duration of Phase III, Step 1."

So, for the sake of our kids, can we just do away with any idea of having a tournament? Please? Is it really that critical to have a tournament and risk getting soccer entirely shut down by Charlie Baker & Co.?

I know it sucks, believe me I feel it, but let's be grateful for what we have right now and no risk losing it. Please!
                            Not a tournament. A reasonable person sees the above definition starts with the words “formal contest”, and “games” and the sequence of commas and conjunctions makes it super clear that the “or" applies solely to what's after the comma and is not an OR to everything before it. Pre-arranged scrimmages are legal, and its easy to structure the format to ensure that these meetings never approach game status, can not meet definition of formal contest, and therefore are not subject to Tournament restrictions. Pre-scheduled scrimmages are allowed, and I am Looking forward to girls getting out and enjoying the scrimmages in Lancaster.

Comment

Not a tournament. A reasonable person sees the above definition starts with the words “formal contest”, and “games” and the sequence of commas and conjunctions makes it super clear that the “or" applies solely to what's after the comma and is not an OR to everything before it. Pre-arranged scrimmages are legal, and its easy to structure the format to ensure that these meetings never approach game status, can not meet definition of formal contest, and therefore are not subject to Tournament restrictions. Pre-scheduled scrimmages are allowed, and I am Looking forward to girls getting out and enjoying the scrimmages in Lancaster.
                              Will there be refs? Subbing rules? Are teams paying a fee?

(asking, I don't know the answer myself)

Comment

It is not clear the government can shut down a private enterprise. We also have the right to freely assemble. The evidence does not support lock downs, social distancing or wearing a mask. It's smoke in mirrors. It is frightening how many sheep just follow along and then shame those that have a brain. The ONLY way to fight this virus is through herd immunity. Protecting those most at risk is necessary and smart but the best defense is for the rest of us to get it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X