Stars cup adding age groups

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars is being so greedy and selfish...they are willing to risk everyone losing out on a fall soccer season God forbid there’s an outbreak. Cut the **** and cancel it already!

Comment

This seems like a tournament masquerading as games.

Why call it FC Stars Cup 2020 which is just a continuation of prior year’s tournaments?

Games on 3 consecutive days with teams participating from multiple states.

There are incremental fees being charged similar to what tournaments charge.

This seems similar to bars masquerading as restaurants by serving chips or some other food brought from another location to work around the state’s restrictions on bars opening during a pandemic. Is it really worth it to push the envelope on games/tournaments at this point? It seems to me that a few positive COVID tests traced back to this “event” has significant downside risk for the organizers and possibly for soccer in MA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Why call it FC Stars Cup 2020 which is just a continuation of prior year’s tournaments?

This seems similar to bars masquerading as restaurants by serving chips or some other food brought from another location to work around the state’s restrictions on bars opening during a pandemic. Is it really worth it to push the envelope on games/tournaments at this point? It seems to me that a few positive COVID tests traced back to this “event” has significant downside risk for the organizers and possibly for soccer in MA.
        Is it really worth shutting every down for a fake virus.

Comment

Stars is being so greedy and selfish...they are willing to risk everyone losing out on a fall soccer season God forbid there’s an outbreak. Cut the **** and cancel it already!
          Hahahahaaaaaaa

Comment

Wow. You figured that all out on your own ? You must be a rocket scientist. Don’t worry. Your team would get crushed if you showed up anyways. Better off you stay home.

Comment

I still don’t even know anyone that knows anyone that has tested positive for the virus.

Comment

Teams are currently practicing and scrimmaging in MA. I’m trying to understand why this tournament would be a bigger risk than what teams are already doing. The modified format means that teams will come to the field each day, play a game, then leave. How is that different from a few weeks later when your kid’s team potentially has a scrimmage on a Saturday and a league game on a Sunday? I’m not saying there is no risk, but there is a risk every time you let your kid practice. Parents need to decide what they are comfortable with. And I hope that you haven’t chosen to eat inside at a restaurant—you’re at far greater risk of contracting the virus anywhere indoors than you are outdoors at a soccer field (whether playing or watching). If you look at the current uptick in cases, much of f it stems from private social gatherings at people’s homes—idiots having house parties.

Comment

Teams are currently practicing and scrimmaging in MA. I’m trying to understand why this tournament would be a bigger risk than what teams are already doing. The modified format means that teams will come to the field each day, play a game, then leave. How is that different from a few weeks later when your kid’s team potentially has a scrimmage on a Saturday and a league game on a Sunday? I’m not saying there is no risk, but there is a risk every time you let your kid practice. Parents need to decide what they are comfortable with. And I hope that you haven’t chosen to eat inside at a restaurant—you’re at far greater risk of contracting the virus anywhere indoors than you are outdoors at a soccer field (whether playing or watching). If you look at the current uptick in cases, much of f it stems from private social gatherings at people’s homes—idiots having house parties.
                  Don’t even bother. It’s not a bigger risk than what is going on now. That’s exactly why stars modified it. Stars has been leading the way from the very beginning. Stars haters just can’t stand it.

Comment

Don’t even bother. It’s not a bigger risk than what is going on now. That’s exactly why stars modified it. Stars has been leading the way from the very beginning. Stars haters just can’t stand it.
                    Not a fan of Stars but love what they are providing for their teams, hope my kids team enters.

Comment

Not a fan of Stars but love what they are providing for their teams, hope my kids team enters.
                      Is SSS gracing the tournament with their presence or are they going to the ridiculous GPS minor league tournament to win and get more got soccer points??? Would love to see SSS step up to the big leagues and play in a real tournament. However, I know got soccer points are so important to them I'm sure they will play in a minor league tournament per usual.

Comment

Someone might want to go through this document to clean up all the references to tournament, points, standings, etc.

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachmen...225.1596983158

Comment

Is SSS gracing the tournament with their presence or are they going to the ridiculous GPS minor league tournament to win and get more got soccer points??? Would love to see SSS step up to the big leagues and play in a real tournament. However, I know got soccer points are so important to them I'm sure they will play in a minor league tournament per usual.
                          No show as usual. Confirmed.

Comment

Someone might want to go through this document to clean up all the references to tournament, points, standings, etc.

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachmen...225.1596983158
                            What’s your point ? You play 1 game per day then leave. No playoff crossover or finals. Nobody hanging around at the fields. Teams will all be from safe states if any at all.

Comment

of course a no show! So do they still get all the got soccer points for a tournament that won't take place? Those 4000 points for all the age groups will go a long way to be highly rated in got soccer.

Comment

Stars Blue - IN
                                Stars White - IN
                                NEFC
                                SSS - OUT
                                AZTEC
                                SCORPIONS
                                NEFC B
                                SURF
                                GINGA
                                SPOL

Where are we at people ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X