X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has actually been very informative. Recapping what I learned

1) SAFESPORT is a thing.
    If a coach is truly messaging a player 1:1 it is a problem regardless of platform

2) A generic marketing message is not 1:1
    Opinions will differ on if this is or isn't creepy. If you think it is, then you may want to consider a social media ban because the advertising algorithms most certainly meet your standard for creepy

3) If Juventus considers your player attainable, that is not a compliment

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You should be embarrassed a club like Juventus thought your kid was a realistic signing. If she’s not getting recruited by the ECNL clubs she should take up lacrosse.
      Says the elitist pr!ck who lives vicariously through his kid playing soccer.

Comment

True story-

I have a now 15yo D who hasn't played soccer since she was in 2nd grade town program... but in 2nd grade she did some sort of club clinic that required registration.

To this day I *still* get emails about ID camps that would love to have her come in and help her with exposure to college recruiters.

I think it is a good reminder that youth sports is an industry designed to separate the you from your money. some of it with the best intentions and some of it looking for the gullible.
        Yup, this nails it.

If you have enough money, you can play club.

Comment

Yup, this nails it.

If you have enough money, you can play club.
          Here's the deal bub: If you have the money, there is a spot for your kid in club soccer no matter how unathletic or how poor a soccer player. Money alone will not buy your kid a spot at the top levels of club soccer however. You actually need athetlicism, soccer ability, and money to play at the top levels, i.e. ECNL for girls.

NEP/NPL/DPL/EDP/ECNL-R/GA/ECNL... the reality is the further right you go, the less influenece money has and the more athleticism and soccer talent takes precedent. The further left you go, the more money takes precedent and the less it is about ability and athleticism. It also works the same for college prospects: D1 is likely on the right and as you move left, D2 and D3 become more likely.

Up to about U14, none of this really matters. From U15+ for girls, the more this matters.

Comment

My friends 15yo daughter also had a Juventus coach dm her on Instagram asking about players on her sisters 2009 team. I suggested to the father that he share the messages with their club's directors to handle it.

Comment

Fake website

All this site is for people to stir things up for Club Soccer. My nieces and kids have been courted by Bayside and Scorpions for years now since there were 12. They send text messages and send message thru social media(Facebook, Instagram and twitter). Why don’t we tak about all clubs that they all do the same people. There’s Plenty of advertising on the social media that people send out to promote and goes to people inboxes in messages. Is there something wrong with that? Stop taking about your own clubs people they all do it. Not saying it’s right I’m saying is there is no difference.

Comment

Scorpions coaches

Just saw this today and started reading this and I’m like wow. I can’t believe people want to call out coaches and how they recruit. Does everyone live under a rock?? These clubs have been chasing my daughter for years since she was 12. Scorpions coaches do not stop emailing her and DM On Instagram and Facebook. I laugh it off because my daughter will never play for that club. An absolute joke!!! I laugh it off as I told the coaches and directors from the club she will never play for your dumb ass club who will probably be going bankrupt soon. Keep signing any player u can get. The coaches are terrible there and I have friend who left that club as coaches don’t even show up to games. They had parents coach the game. What a joke of a club. But all people want to talk about is how they are in the ECNL. Big Deal!! Let’s all try to be better parents and start raising out kids better and stop blaming everyone else. Monitor your kids and raise them properly. Blaming people for your mistakes is a joke!! This is the problem with society these days everyone has gone soft!!!

Comment

Scorpions

I agree with that last person 100%. I’m a mom who has 3 daughters who play at the same club. These clubs are constantly calling my daughters. They got my daughter’s from there friends as they have tried on social media but I monitor my kids accounts. Scorpions is the worst constantly sending messages. During in season, offseason it doesn’t stop. There coaches and directors are trying to get as many players as they can because that’s there job. That’s what puts food on there table. Good luck getting your money back from Scorpions Club. The owner is a douche as well. I’m kinda getting real tired of club soccer as all these clubs just care about is making money. Now that my kids probably won’t be able to play high schools this year they will be play club soccer which is a pitty!!!

Comment

Just saw this today and started reading this and I’m like wow. I can’t believe people want to call out coaches and how they recruit. Does everyone live under a rock?? These clubs have been chasing my daughter for years since she was 12. Scorpions coaches do not stop emailing her and DM On Instagram and Facebook. I laugh it off because my daughter will never play for that club. An absolute joke!!! I laugh it off as I told the coaches and directors from the club she will never play for your dumb ass club who will probably be going bankrupt soon. Keep signing any player u can get. The coaches are terrible there and I have friend who left that club as coaches don’t even show up to games. They had parents coach the game. What a joke of a club. But all people want to talk about is how they are in the ECNL. Big Deal!! Let’s all try to be better parents and start raising out kids better and stop blaming everyone else. Monitor your kids and raise them properly. Blaming people for your mistakes is a joke!! This is the problem with society these days everyone has gone soft!!!
                    At certain levels they have to recruit in, at the highest ECNL level there is no recruitment necessary, they turn quality kids away. If your kids are constantly being recruited then its likely a money grab, you are right to stay away.

Comment

I agree with that last person 100%. I’m a mom who has 3 daughters who play at the same club. These clubs are constantly calling my daughters. They got my daughter’s from there friends as they have tried on social media but I monitor my kids accounts. Scorpions is the worst constantly sending messages. During in season, offseason it doesn’t stop. There coaches and directors are trying to get as many players as they can because that’s there job. That’s what puts food on there table. Good luck getting your money back from Scorpions Club. The owner is a douche as well. I’m kinda getting real tired of club soccer as all these clubs just care about is making money. Now that my kids probably won’t be able to play high schools this year they will be play club soccer which is a pitty!!!
                      Previous post also applies here, if top ECNL team isn't a concern/desire then there are plenty of options across many clubs, the constant overtures I'm sure are very annoying.

Comment

At certain levels they have to recruit in, at the highest ECNL level there is no recruitment necessary, they turn quality kids away. If your kids are constantly being recruited then its likely a money grab, you are right to stay away.
                        This. Sorry, but by U15 ECNL teams are fairly locked with minimal movement of players at Scorpions. Coaches may have ID’d a player or two they would like to try and move over, but for the most part they are recruiting players for their younger teams and ECNL Regional teams. Zero need to recruit for National teams at the high school ages. As other poster said, they are turning away players or offering them Regional team spots...

Comment

Interesting how this thread turned from a parent posting about it not being appropriate that his/her teenage kid was direct messaged on instagram by a Juventus coach... to a discussion on how Scorpions selects players for their ECNL teams.

Ummmm....

Comment

How you started a Fake Thread you Fck Stick!! F Off

Comment

My friends 15yo daughter also had a Juventus coach dm her on Instagram asking about players on her sisters 2009 team. I suggested to the father that he share the messages with their club's directors to handle it.
                              At least they had the common sense to no reach out a 2009 kid directly, a pre-teen... glad they stick to DM'ing teenagers only.

Comment

At least they had the common sense to no reach out a 2009 kid directly, a pre-teen... glad they stick to DM'ing teenagers only.
                                I’m glad the parents had the common sense to post this on an anonymous forum, instead of informing the coach, the club or even local authorities instead.

The girls father must be a beta.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X