Juventus Academy Boston coach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody that believes anything they read on TS needs to take a long look in the mirror. This site is a cesspool of anonymous bashing.

Think about it:
    If my daughter was contacted inappropriately by a coach, why on god's earth would I go whine about it on TS?

This is just another BS post.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A Juventus Academy Boston coach reached out to my teenage daughter via direct message on Instagram, trying to recruit her.

I don't find this to be appropriate.

I don't know if this is how this club recruits players or if it's just this one coach, but any parent who has a teenager playing for this club should check the club's procedures.
      Nice try Taylor

Comment

I have no idea who the original poster is, but my daughter and several of the other girls on the team got contacted too via instagram message. I would post the screenshot here, but I don't think it can be done on the forum, right? Message reads:

"We are an up and coming club who are looking for the best talent and to develop that talent further with excellence coaching staff. Juventus is based out of the Taunton in forekicks".

With typos and all, that's the direct message she got on instagram.

This was for a U13 girls team.

Unreal. Shameful. Disgraceful.
        Parents: make sure you really know who is coaching your kid.

Comment

I have no idea who the original poster is, but my daughter and several of the other girls on the team got contacted too via instagram message. I would post the screenshot here, but I don't think it can be done on the forum, right? Message reads:

"We are an up and coming club who are looking for the best talent and to develop that talent further with excellence coaching staff. Juventus is based out of the Taunton in forekicks".

With typos and all, that's the direct message she got on instagram.

This was for a U13 girls team.

Unreal. Shameful. Disgraceful.
          Parents: make sure you really know who is coaching your kid.
          So it wasn't a coach contacting a player, it was a marketing department casting a wide net. I'm not sure I agree with the use of that platform, because I'm GenX and therefore married to Facebook, but if their profiles are public, unsolicited spam is to be expected. I.e., it's not creepy, it's just a sign of the times.

Now, if one player got a "Hey Trixie, this is Coach Jimbo... I saw you play in the Bumblesquat Cup and thought you'd be a great fit for my team," then that would be more along the catch-a-predator lines.

Comment

So it wasn't a coach contacting a player, it was a marketing department casting a wide net. I'm not sure I agree with the use of that platform, because I'm GenX and therefore married to Facebook, but if their profiles are public, unsolicited spam is to be expected. I.e., it's not creepy, it's just a sign of the times.

Now, if one player got a "Hey Trixie, this is Coach Jimbo... I saw you play in the Bumblesquat Cup and thought you'd be a great fit for my team," then that would be more along the catch-a-predator lines.
            Quite the contrary... I actually think that would be more appropriate since he at least saw her play and therefore has a concrete reason to reach out.

Comment

Anybody that believes anything they read on TS needs to take a long look in the mirror. This site is a cesspool of anonymous bashing.

Think about it:
              If my daughter was contacted inappropriately by a coach, why on god's earth would I go whine about it on TS?

This is just another BS post.
              Funny thing is, high percentage of the rumors that fly on TS are actually reality. Data proves it.

Comment

Quite the contrary... I actually think that would be more appropriate since he at least saw her play and therefore has a concrete reason to reach out.
                So it was something in between? "Hey Trixie, this is Coach Jimbo. I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but Coach Bubba said I should talk to you."

Come to think of it, I remember getting a random cold call from a college coach way back in the day. I was a wrestler at the DIII talent level and this guy had never seen me, but he'd heard of me through word of mouth or something. I guess reaching out electronically today is no different from cold calling 30 years ago. Thinking that kind of contact is inappropriate is probably overreacting.

Comment

True story-

I have a now 15yo D who hasn't played soccer since she was in 2nd grade town program... but in 2nd grade she did some sort of club clinic that required registration.

To this day I *still* get emails about ID camps that would love to have her come in and help her with exposure to college recruiters.

I think it is a good reminder that youth sports is an industry designed to separate the you from your money. some of it with the best intentions and some of it looking for the gullible.

Comment

I'm with the other guy. If it's just general advertising it's much less creepy.

Comment

Your wife is a whore! Is that accurate? Data proves she loves the D!

Comment

D Licensed coach here, finished my license in Lancaster a year ago.
                        This sort of thing was brought up during the course... absolutely 100% out of line. A coach should never direct message a 13 year old in any platform.
                        Thanks Mr Highly trainer coach. I’m so much more informed. What would we do without you.

Comment

Thanks Mr Highly trainer coach. I’m so much more informed. What would we do without you.
                          Have you read the messages on this thread? Plenty of people apparently have no idea that SafeSport even exists.

Comment

Everyone needs to wake up. All clubs do it so if your calling out a club call out all clubs. Scorpions, Bayside these 2 are the worst also NEFC and Rush. They all do it, so monitor your kids social media and make it private. Welcome to the real world. Seems like more of an agenda against one club then anything. Let’s keep it real!!!

Comment

D licensed Coach? F Off Dickhead!

Comment

D licensed Coach? F Off Dickhead!
                                Easy killer... LOL

June 15 after their Sophmore year (NOT when they are 13 years old for F*CKS sake!)... that's when the NCAA allows coaches to contact kids via social media for recruiting purposes. Here's a decent article about it: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruitin...s/social-media

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X