• Show
Clear All

Ripple effects 2020 class and beyond

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...eason_aid48341

Nothing informative about that link.Thanks capt obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Nothing informative about that link.Thanks capt obvious
      Compared to your post and all the others on here that are SO INCREDIBLY informative and helpful!!!!?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Good one.

Comment

My 2021 dd is depressed. Don’t blame her. Was in several conversations with colleges that are on her list and those coaches wanted to see her play in spring and come in for camp. Fast forward to today, and crickets. Has offers at schools she’s not interested in, and is depressed about soccer and school. Her coach has said everyone is in the same boat but with the recent cancellations of college fall sports, I’m thinking the unsigned 2021s are the unluckiest group of kids. Most of them being 03s, they went through the most changes with birth year change, DA, collapse of DA, etc impacting their premium recruiting timeline. If 1 or 2 college seniors come back to play another year, coaches hoping to fill final roster spots will probably gloss over 2021s. Any other unsigned 2021 parents going through the same thing? How are you going to handle college apps without an offer?

Comment

Reality is it comes down to where you want to go to school without the sport and what you want to spend. You have 4 years to get an education and get a job. It shouldn't be about playing although that is a large part of these kids lives.

Comment

my son is the same, offers at schools he isn't that interested in. There are a couple we are waiting on, but if they don't come through he will go through the regular admissions process. The uncertainty is stressful!!

Comment

Reality is it comes down to where you want to go to school without the sport and what you want to spend. You have 4 years to get an education and get a job. It shouldn't be about playing although that is a large part of these kids lives.
              Correct.
              The emphasis on sports in this country has replaced being educated as a primary factor in school choice. As we continue to drop in educational quality in the world.
              Insanity.
              College football isn’t driven by love of school or sport, but by the gambling houses, who stand to lose billions this year.
              College basketball needs to do away with the one and done programs.
              Universities have sprung up solely as training grounds for athletics (university of south florida).
              I think the reckoning is good

Comment

So predictable and sounds like you don’t have a 2021 but thanks for the condescending advice. No, the 2021’s are screwed, especially with so many 2020’s deferring. Many players who put in years of work and deserve a great college experience of education and soccer will be denied.

Comment

So predictable and sounds like you don’t have a 2021 but thanks for the condescending advice. No, the 2021’s are screwed, especially with so many 2020’s deferring. Many players who put in years of work and deserve a great college experience of education and soccer will be denied.
                  Paying a lot of money to kick a ball growing up means you deserve something?

Comment

Paying a lot of money to kick a ball growing up means you deserve something?
                    So you don’t have a 2021. We knew that already.

Comment

my son is the same, offers at schools he isn't that interested in. There are a couple we are waiting on, but if they don't come through he will go through the regular admissions process. The uncertainty is stressful!!
                      ^^^My son is in the same boat. Coaches are just as frustrated. We had a solid plan for spring and summer...everything is out the window. It was easy to keep him focused after the spring cancellation because we would have summer ID camps...then the damn NCAA extend the dead period and wiped out the entire summer. Now most colleges have cancelled fall sports...if they allow the dead period to end on Aug 31 then there might be some hope for ID camps before applications are due. Normal recruiting is tough to navigate...this makes it impossible.

Comment

So you don’t have a 2021. We knew that already.
                        I do actually. My child doesn’t think “deserve” has anything to do with it. You work hard, or you don’t. It pays off somehow, or it doesn’t.

Entitlement is unattractive.

Comment

I do actually. My child doesn’t think “deserve” has anything to do with it. You work hard, or you don’t. It pays off somehow, or it doesn’t.

Entitlement is unattractive.
                          2021 players who worked hard will be in a much more difficult position than those in 2020 or 2020 players. Agree that everything about your self righteousness is ugly.

Comment

2021 players who worked hard will be in a much more difficult position than those in 2020 or 2020 players. Agree that everything about your self righteousness is ugly.
                            Huh? Self righteous? Nobody deserves anything. People that don’t make the Olympic team didn’t “deserve” to be on the team. Students that don’t get into Harvard didn’t “deserve” to be admitted. Soccer parents are the worst. I love the game but hate the sideline divas.

Comment

Huh? Self righteous? Nobody deserves anything. People that don’t make the Olympic team didn’t “deserve” to be on the team. Students that don’t get into Harvard didn’t “deserve” to be admitted. Soccer parents are the worst. I love the game but hate the sideline divas.
                              Ncaa meets Friday to discuss scholarship and eligibility. Nothing will be clear until those changes, if any, are set. For sure tho, there will be less funding of sports across the board

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X