Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So disappointed in my town.

So I went to my kid's first town soccer practice since the shut down here in MA. I want to shout out the name of the town so badly because I am pissed, but I won't. So, no parents in masks, no coaches in masks, no temp checks, not even one sign about COVID symptoms, screening form nothing. About 40 kids practicing as a few teams were combined. Although they didn't scrimmage they played 2 v2 etc. I won't be going back. Other towns are following rules and my kids club is doing a stellar job on the COVIS screening and telling parents to spread out... it sucks when a town throws caution to the wind. I'm so done.

to clarify my kids club is doing a stellar job. my kids TOWN is what I'm upset about.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So I went to my kid's first town soccer practice since the shut down here in MA. I want to shout out the name of the town so badly because I am pissed, but I won't. So, no parents in masks, no coaches in masks, no temp checks, not even one sign about COVID symptoms, screening form nothing. About 40 kids practicing as a few teams were combined. Although they didn't scrimmage they played 2 v2 etc. I won't be going back. Other towns are following rules and my kids club is doing a stellar job on the COVIS screening and telling parents to spread out... it sucks when a town throws caution to the wind. I'm so done.
      Come on Karen, don't be shy.

I don't wear a mask when I am outside at a park or a field either. This way I know to stay clear of your town. Spit it out, girl, come on.

Comment

The responsibility also falls to the teams Covid officer and the owner of the field as well. This could also impact clubs if some of those kids also play on club teams. The local board of health needs to close that cluster f down. We had similar issues in our town with baseball and parents were told that if they don’t wear masks then spectators would not be allowed to attend games.

Comment

get the poll up.... I go with Attleborough as my guess

Comment

I guess Milford.

Comment

I guess Milford.
              No Karens in Milford. Those broads are tough. I say metro west area, newton or Arlington.

Comment

Interesting. As someone who wishes they were scrimmaging right now I'm not sure all of this is a problem. Temp checks wouldn't be a bad idea but our club isn't doing that either. Temp checks may be less useful than we're pretending since 40% of people of have this thing are asymptomatic and even those who have symptoms often report no fever.
                Parents not wearing masks is ok by me if outside and they socially distance. If they're standing in groups shoulder to shoulder that's more of an issue. 40 kids seems like a lot, though in reality it's basically two 11 v 11 teams with subs.

Comment

Interesting. As someone who wishes they were scrimmaging right now I'm not sure all of this is a problem. Temp checks wouldn't be a bad idea but our club isn't doing that either. Temp checks may be less useful than we're pretending since 40% of people of have this thing are asymptomatic and even those who have symptoms often report no fever.
                  Parents not wearing masks is ok by me if outside and they socially distance. If they're standing in groups shoulder to shoulder that's more of an issue. 40 kids seems like a lot, though in reality it's basically two 11 v 11 teams with subs.
                  Oh just put your guess in already.... Karen gonna tell us pretty soon.

Comment

Oh just put your guess in already.... Karen gonna tell us pretty soon.
                    i'm just guessing the rest of the parents won't mind if she doesn't show up next week.

Comment

There's no reason for people on the sidelines who are close to each other to not wear a mask.

Other than people with shrimp dicks. Go ahead then, don't wear a mask if you have a shrimp dick and it makes you feel more manly not to wear a mask.

Comment

to clarify my kids club is doing a stellar job. my kids TOWN is what I'm upset about.
                        It’s pretty simple, Karen. If you don’t like how it’s run, don’t bring your kids. I’m sure they won’t be missed.

Comment

There's no reason for people on the sidelines who are close to each other to not wear a mask.

Other than people with shrimp dicks. Go ahead then, don't wear a mask if you have a shrimp dick and it makes you feel more manly not to wear a mask.
                          Agree. And I guess you would agree that there's no reason for people on the sidelines who aren't close to each other to wear a mask.

Unless of course you're named dick and like shrimp or whatever other useful stuff you added to your point for no apparent reason other than to make people not take you seriously.

Comment

It’s pretty simple, Karen. If you don’t like how it’s run, don’t bring your kids. I’m sure they won’t be missed. And why were you hanging around, while the kids were practicing?

Comment

Good god. Kids playing outside is as close to zero risk as any activity we have in these times. Lighten up.

Plenty of clubs are scrimmaging.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X