Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah probably can be to much pressure for some kids but Select has made my kid absolutely fall in love with the game. She gets excited and looks forward to every practice and it hadn’t always been that way until we moved to Select. She has developed into a well rounded solid player. We give her the option every year to stay at Select or explore other options and she has never given it a second thought. She says every year that she never wants to leave Select!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It depends how you define "better"

You do NOT get more for your money at Select. So why pay the SSS prices when the product is not better than competitors?
      You actually do get WAY more. I have one kid at Select and one kid at another club and out of curiosity we calculated out the $ per hour and Select was definitely less!!

Comment

You actually do get WAY more. I have one kid at Select and one kid at another club and out of curiosity we calculated out the $ per hour and Select was definitely less!!
        Haha u might be the 1st poster in ts history that posted Something like that. Not killing you but that is a fake statement. You must have forgotten to add in the monthly mentoring sessions or the many weekly privates as has been discussed on this thread or the many clinics they over charge Or the tournaments that cost 4x as much as they do for any other club and now most teams are stuck in NEP it just seems like a bad investment but keeping telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Sooooo...... if select is so cheap why isnt your other kid at select as well? Hmm...

Comment

About $2,500 extra in camps, fees, clinics & event costs.

So north of $7k before travel.
          Poster you forgot to include mentoring and required winter leagues for every girl but all i could think about from the 2nd to last poster is he is the guy who always posts” select is for rich people and he wishes that we all had money to join” At almost $8k a year before traveling costs Mr. rich guy from select, most people are good! Anyway, enjoy paying the $12K+ a year when most parents are around $3500. Facts- please check out NEFC, Stars, Scorpions, Surf and on and on and on.

Comment

This is a fake post right? or this person was incredibly drunk last night? I just tried to think for a minute about how this statement would ever make any sense and pal I can not. Another SSS troll. The poster was right if SSS is cheaper than why isn't your other daughter at the club as well. Fake poster!

Comment

Not defending the SSS poster, because frankly I do not know.

But, we really need to look at the total $ spent related to the total minutes on the field (in the classroom, in fitness, etc.).

When my daughter first moved to the league that shall not be mentioned, it cost about 25% more. But, the club also included futsal, fitness training, and summer trainings which she previously did through other means. So, in the end, the price per session did indeed drop.

Can't look at the price, have to look at what you get for the price.

[Again...save it...not associated with SSS and not defending them in any way.]

Comment

Not defending the SSS poster, because frankly I do not know.

But, we really need to look at the total $ spent related to the total minutes on the field (in the classroom, in fitness, etc.).

When my daughter first moved to the league that shall not be mentioned, it cost about 25% more. But, the club also included futsal, fitness training, and summer trainings which she previously did through other means. So, in the end, the price per session did indeed drop.

Can't look at the price, have to look at what you get for the price.

[Again...save it...not associated with SSS and not defending them in any way.]

Why does anyone care how other people spend their $?

Comment

Generally, when people are overly concerned about what others are doing they are questioning themselves. So, it's easier to bring someone else down than it is to lift themselves up.

Comment

Nosy people. Who cares? Should everyone micromanage everyone on what they spend and how they spend it. What is wrong with people

Comment

Except that you clicked and then posted on a thread called "Is SSS the most expensive club in MA?".

Comment

We're happy, girl is happy & developing nicely. We DO take into account $ spent vs time supplied by club & do think club supplies good/much service for tuition. We invest wisely (no mentoring or privates but do opt in for other offerings) & do not plan on moving, although we have tested waters at other clubs...just sayin. For us, select is a good fit for now. D certainly has no desire to leave.

Comment

Except that you clicked and then posted on a thread called "Is SSS the most expensive club in MA?".
                          Read through it and it’s just strange to me that people seem so concerned with other people’s money and how they spend it.

Comment

Select. Worst business I have ever dealt with.

Comment

Rip off. Kids shouldn’t be costing parents to play soccer and parents are idiots to be paying for it. Wake up people!!

Comment

We're happy, girl is happy & developing nicely. We DO take into account $ spent vs time supplied by club & do think club supplies good/much service for tuition. We invest wisely (no mentoring or privates but do opt in for other offerings) & do not plan on moving, although we have tested waters at other clubs...just sayin. For us, select is a good fit for now. D certainly has no desire to leave.
                                I actually applaud this guy. Here we see the difference at select when your daughter isnt on the top team. This poster was thoughtful in his response. My thought is that if his daughter played on a top team where privates are a must and money spent is encouraged in order to keep up with every other top girl, he might think differently. To be fair i have heard from other premier parents at select the same exact thing that this poster is saying. Good for this guy and his daughter. They found a club that his daughter can go at her own pace without spending tens of thousands of dollars. He actually made a good case to join select at a lower team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X