Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    D’s team has played the SUSA ECRL team 4 times (twice last year and twice this year), and the Embry-Riddle and Pace commits were there for at least 3 of those games (and neither had the ECNL patch on their jersey). I know this because D’s team has 2 Pace commits and both know the SUSA Pace commit, and the Embry-Riddle commit drew my attention in two of the games with some aggressive plays against my D (so yes, I looked her up). In at least 3 of the games, there were other players with the ECNL patch on their jerseys so I assume that the Pace and Embry-Riddle players were specifically on the ECRL roster.
    Couldn't tell you at what moment they were moved to the ECNL team, but they are on the ECNL roster that's publicly posted. I did acknowledge that one was double rostered, and you spoke about her.

But I guess if you consider 2 former ECRL players who are currently on the ECNL roster to be "many" then OK.

Comment

Couldn't tell you at what moment they were moved to the ECNL team, but they are on the ECNL roster that's publicly posted. I did acknowledge that one was double rostered, and you spoke about her.

But I guess if you consider 2 former ECRL players who are currently on the ECNL roster to be "many" then OK.
      On SUSA’s twitter account, they tweeted that the Embry-Riddle commit is from the ECRL team.

Btw, I meant it as a complement that the ECRL team had strong college commitments. Not sure why you are treating it like it’s a bad thing for the second team to have good college commitment results.

Comment

On SUSA’s twitter account, they tweeted that the Embry-Riddle commit is from the ECRL team.

Btw, I meant it as a complement that the ECRL team had strong college commitments. Not sure why you are treating it like it’s a bad thing for the second team to have good college commitment results.
        Not treating it like it's a bad thing at all, player was included on the most recent ECNL roster. But since one player is causing such a commotion, here is the commitment roster of the Susa 2020 ECNL team, with the huge gaffe of assigning a player who played both ECNL and ECRL to the ECNL team, corrected.
        Still waiting for the Smithtown list of 2020 commits so we can see how all the Smithtown folks didn't waste their money on ECNL and ended up at the same schools as Susa ECNL players.

Susa ECNL 2020-
        Providence
        Princeton
        UConn
        St. Johns (2)
        Iona (2)
        LIU Post

Adelphi (3)
        Southern New Hampshire
        Pace
        Saint Leo

NYU
        Colby
        Dickinson
        Montclair State

Comment

Not treating it like it's a bad thing at all, player was included on the most recent ECNL roster. But since one player is causing such a commotion, here is the commitment roster of the Susa 2020 ECNL team, with the huge gaffe of assigning a player who played both ECNL and ECRL to the ECNL team, corrected.
          Still waiting for the Smithtown list of 2020 commits so we can see how all the Smithtown folks didn't waste their money on ECNL and ended up at the same schools as Susa ECNL players.

Susa ECNL 2020-
          Providence
          Princeton
          UConn
          St. Johns (2)
          Iona (2)
          LIU Post

Adelphi (3)
          Southern New Hampshire
          Pace
          Saint Leo

NYU
          Colby
          Dickinson
          Montclair State
          You can wait all day, every day, you're never going to get it. While the Smithtown faithful hide behind the guise of not having to "sell" their club by posting their college commitments, the fact of the matter is, their number and level of commitments do not compare to those of the ECNL clubs. You might find 1 or 2 similarities, but that's about it.
          To be honest, there are several local NPL/EDP clubs like Brentwood, Force FC, LGN that are doing a helluva better job with college placement than Smithtown. And they do it without the BS affiliations that Smithtown supposedly doesn't sell, but actually does sell. Brentwood's commitments make Smithtown look like a complete joke.

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

You can wait all day, every day, you're never going to get it. While the Smithtown faithful hide behind the guise of not having to "sell" their club by posting their college commitments, the fact of the matter is, their number and level of commitments do not compare to those of the ECNL clubs. You might find 1 or 2 similarities, but that's about it.
            To be honest, there are several local NPL/EDP clubs like Brentwood, Force FC, LGN that are doing a helluva better job with college placement than Smithtown. And they do it without the BS affiliations that Smithtown supposedly doesn't sell, but actually does sell. Brentwood's commitments make Smithtown look like a complete joke.
            so what are you arguing an opinion? I will say with full conviction and certainty that the Brentwood soccer program makes the susa program look like a complete joke.

susa really is like 3rd string jr. high compared to Brentwood soccer club.

Comment

so what are you arguing an opinion? I will say with full conviction and certainty that the Brentwood soccer program makes the susa program look like a complete joke.

susa really is like 3rd string jr. high compared to Brentwood soccer club.
              All I'm saying is they do a very good job with college commitments for an NPL/EDP club. Don't get it twisted, I'm not comparing them to ECNL clubs, I'm comparing them to BS smoke and mirror clubs like Smithtown who want people to think they're this top level club and they're not even close.
              Boy for a club that claims not to have people on these threads controlling the narrative, Smithtown folks jump on here right quick and turn the convo back to Susa in a NY minute!

Comment

All I'm saying is they do a very good job with college commitments for an NPL/EDP club. Don't get it twisted, I'm not comparing them to ECNL clubs, I'm comparing them to BS smoke and mirror clubs like Smithtown who want people to think they're this top level club and they're not even close.
                Boy for a club that claims not to have people on these threads controlling the narrative, Smithtown folks jump on here right quick and turn the convo back to Susa in a NY minute!
                Smithtown like many other town teams had great runs with years of great success. Once the soccer landscape changed with both ECNL then GDA then the relevancy to town teams along with State ODP diminished greatly. Town teams cannot compete with ECNL especially for those few top players that want to compete at high levels in college. Smithtown parents want to remain relevant so they attack SUSA as if the SUSA parents are stupid and wasting money or see them as opportunists. It’s free choices that decide where you play soccer.

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

i would not put susa in as a "high powered club" they have numbers. that is all.

susa has some pretty good teams and so does Smithtown. I definitely would not call either of them a "high powered club" as you put it....does this upset you? too bad cupcake. you don't have to be offended by everyone and anything you don't agree with. you are really pathetic.

Comment

i would not put susa in as a "high powered club" they have numbers. that is all.

susa has some pretty good teams and so does Smithtown. I definitely would not call either of them a "high powered club" as you put it....does this upset you? too bad cupcake. you don't have to be offended by everyone and anything you don't agree with. you are really pathetic.
                    SUSA is a high powered business. They are ahead of the curve when it comes to marketing. Unfortunately for them, their marketing is better than the teams they put on the field. That is the truth. They run a great business!

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

SUSA is a high powered business. They are ahead of the curve when it comes to marketing. Unfortunately for them, their marketing is better than the teams they put on the field. That is the truth. They run a great business!
                      yes they do for sure. God Bless America and Capitalism!!!!!!!

Comment

What’s with the cupcake remark? Do you think you are smarter than everyone on this thread? There are no high powered clubs/teams on LI. The LI soccer landscape has dropped like Trumps ratings. What SUSA has is ECNL while Smithtown bought into a club from California. You still want to compare cupcake?

Comment

Smithtown and Susa

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2790149]

Not everyone on here is from Smithtown, but those of us non-Smithtown people do have one thing in common with the Smithtown people, we're tired of all the fake SUSA propaganda. Plus, in the end, I don't know how to break it to you but most of those ECNL players end up playing at the same colleges as the EDP/USYS kids. Only a very select few play at the elite division 1 schools so your whole platform nonsense is just that, nonsense. All we have to do is look at the list of SUSA commits, it's filled with lower level soccer schools. So other than throwing your money away, all you're really doing is paying for those handful of elite players that SUSA might have. A sucker is born every day.
                          I've been told by someone inhouse that it's all just SUSA interns or the same SUSA person himself making up all these nonsense conversations and going back and forth. They're just afraid of a mass exodus of players fleeing and going back to their town teams. I guess it makes perfect sense

Comment

No dog in fight but it does seem that smithtown are always in damage control on here trying to redirect the conversation. Face facts though, SUSA have a club built on stealing, paying and poaching talent. That will always be a stain on their character and the people who run it, that will be their legacy.They have done a lot of damage on LI.

Comment

No dog in fight but it does seem that smithtown are always in damage control on here trying to redirect the conversation. Face facts though, SUSA have a club built on stealing, paying and poaching talent. That will always be a stain on their character and the people who run it, that will be their legacy.They have done a lot of damage on LI.
                              How does a club go about “stealing talent”? Is it “stealing talent” to invite a player to join your club and having them accept?

Comment

All this discussion about a season that won’t happen, no way does the fall season occur, no way Jose.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X